PDA

View Full Version : SOOOooooooo .......

idseer
10-01-2004, 06:52 PM
what does anyone think the cubs will do this off season? think sosa will still be around? mota? wood?

SomebodyToldMe
10-01-2004, 06:54 PM
I'd much rather think about what the SOX are gonna do.

ClaudelSleptHere
10-01-2004, 08:03 PM
what does anyone think the cubs will do this off season? think sosa will still be around? mota? wood?
I'm predicting Mota will not be around next year, since I don't know who Mota is......

idseer
10-01-2004, 10:14 PM
I'm predicting Mota will not be around next year, since I don't know who Mota is......
would you believe alou? :redface:

zach23
10-01-2004, 10:19 PM
would you believe alou? :redface:

Close enough, you had the 'a' and 'o' in the name. :smile:

marlins03
10-01-2004, 10:24 PM
Mota???? i think he will stay with the marlins bud

flo-B-flo
10-01-2004, 10:31 PM
would you believe alou? :redface: I wouldn't be surprised if Moises p**hands was a goner. And........................who care. GO-GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StillMissOzzie
10-01-2004, 10:59 PM
Everything I've seen in both papers suggest that the sCrUBS will not pick up Moises Alou's $11 million option. Whether this means they can still re-sign him at a lower price, I don't know. IMHO, Nomar's sporadic availability might have scared them off, at least for the kind of $$$ he was looking for. They may trade Sosa during the year if they're not in the hunt next year, but as a 5 & 10 year guy, I think he can veto a trade. For all the boo-birds he unfairly suffered from this past year, he might give up that right.

SMO
:gulp:

BearSox
10-01-2004, 11:05 PM
Pinch hitting for pedro borbon...manny mota mota mota motaName that movie

StillMissOzzie
10-01-2004, 11:49 PM
Pinch hitting for pedro borbon...manny mota mota mota motaName that movie
"Airplane"

SMO
:gulp:

Lip Man 1
10-02-2004, 12:22 AM
Stone says they are going to make some 'blockbuster' moves to unload some of the whiners.

Lip

zach23
10-02-2004, 12:24 AM
Stone says they are going to make some 'blockbuster' moves to unload some of the whiners.

Lip

Wow, Hendry is gonna be busy. Has a team ever traded all 25 guys, the manager, and most of the fan base in one offseason before?

FarWestChicago
10-02-2004, 12:27 AM

LipThat's an absolute waste of time if you don't whack Dustbin. His influence breeds whining. I've seen it for years.

voodoochile
10-02-2004, 12:35 AM
That's an absolute waste of time if you don't whack Dustbin. His influence breeds whining. I've seen it for years.
I agree and I have only really paid attention for a few years. His Us against the World mananging technique goes fine until the world slaps the team down - then it turns ugly, quickly. It happened last year with the Bartman play. His teams are fragile and expect something to go wrong.

If the team trades Sham-ME*, they will struggle. Sham-ME* is actually a good thing to have on a Baker led team because Sham-ME* actually believes he can do no wrong and the world will never screw him. Any player with a normal sized ego is in for a big fall when things don't go perfectly. Human nature and all that....

Jjav829
10-02-2004, 03:41 PM
I think Alou and Nomar will both be gone. I think they'll probably be pretty active in the Free Agent market, going after someone like Drew, Beltran, or Renteria. Hendry's probably going to do something to change that team.

jortafan
10-02-2004, 04:21 PM
I'd much rather think about what the SOX are gonna do.
I agree.

Unless our team makes some sort of trade with the hated Cubby bears, I could care less what they do this winter. And no, I would not particularly want anyone from the Cubs on the White Sox next season.

Lip Man 1
10-02-2004, 10:03 PM
Jorta says: "And no, I would not particularly want anyone from the Cubs on the White Sox next season."

Sure I'd rather have Garland, Grilli, Munoz, Diaz and the other clowns for the back two spots of my rotation rather then Prior or Zambrano...

Lip

SOXPHILE
10-02-2004, 10:17 PM
I actually hope they keep both Alou and Sosa, (although, Alou is most likely gone). Keeping those two idiots on the team will only continue to bring them down. I love it when some of the biggest jerks in the game are on the Cubs, especially when they actually hurt the team, yet fans continue to worship and idolize them- (ALOOUUUUUUUUU...) In the past, I was saddened to see players like Juan Cruz, Alfonseca and Todd Hundley depart the northside. Those guys were nothing but a big suckfest while wearing the Cub uniform, and I wanted them to remain with them as long as possible to help keep the tradition alive.

kitekrazy
10-02-2004, 10:26 PM
Wow, Hendry is gonna be busy. Has a team ever traded all 25 guys, the manager, and most of the fan base in one offseason before?
Oh man that was funny:rolling:. That's the post of the week for me.

They are suppose to have a major announcement at the end of the game.

red faber
10-03-2004, 12:07 AM

i think i speak for a lot of people when i say...........

:whocares

idseer
10-03-2004, 08:30 AM
i think i speak for a lot of people when i say...........

:whocares
i think you speak for very few people. judging by the vast amount of cub posts i'd say many many people here care.