PDA

View Full Version : Evil is defeated again!

dpbyron
10-01-2004, 07:47 PM
I just heard this song (ONCE AGAIN!) coming from that dump on 1060 W. Addison... (http://www.favewavs.com/wavs/current/taps.wav)

The Cubbie loving media, Bud Selig, frat boys from Iowa, Mike Murphy, etc. etc. are all shell shocked! I love it! :bandance:

daveeym
10-01-2004, 07:57 PM
I just heard this song (ONCE AGAIN!) coming from that dump on 1060 W. Addison... (http://www.favewavs.com/wavs/current/taps.wav)

The Cubbie loving media, Bud Selig, frat boys from Iowa, Mike Murphy, etc. etc. are all shell shocked! I love it! :bandance:
Has a nice ring to it. :)

hsnterprize
10-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Let's stand for a moment of silence as we mourn the passing of the 2004 Cubs.

And if you believe that, I have some ocean-front property in Arizona to sell you. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

LET'S PARTY!!!!!!!

Aidan
10-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Nice sig, haha! :tongue:

C-Dawg
10-01-2004, 08:23 PM
So it looks like blowing up the Bartman ball back in February did NOTHING to dispell the curse! I love it!!!

Hitmen77
10-01-2004, 08:38 PM

No one deserves this more than Cub fans. Remember them crowing in FEBRUARY that this was going to be their "storybook" dream season? :redneck

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-01-2004, 08:47 PM
im so happy the cubs are getting their sorry @$$es whooped. my GF is a huge cubbie fan and she still thinks "were going to the playoffs, baby!"

HA!

I've been rubbing it in ever since the lovable losers have proved that they are, in fact, losers. :bandance:

dpbyron
10-01-2004, 10:42 PM
HOUSTON wins! It's getting louder!

DumpJerry
10-01-2004, 10:47 PM
Tomorrow's headline reads:

Frost warning for Hell cancelled. Forcast was wrong.

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :)

dcb33
10-01-2004, 10:56 PM
No one deserves this more than Cub fans. Remember them crowing in FEBRUARY that this was going to be their "storybook" dream season? :redneckInstead, it was a storybook dream season (or at least as storybook as you can get for choking and not winning the World Series) for us. Our season was mercifully over by Bud Billikin Day, giving us plenty of time to get ready for football. Meanwhile, the Cubs string their "fans" along until the very last week of the season where they fall apart against the NL's most pathetic teams. It will be extra sweet to go into the office on Monday morning to discuss recent events with my Cubs fan coworkers (and by discuss I mean laughing in their faces and poking fun at their misfortune). Unfortunately we lost the crosstown series so I'm sure the only thing they will be able to come up with is "Well we took 4 out of 6 from you guys so there." Stupid crosstown series. I say we switch our "natural rival" to the Brewers!

fusillirob1983
10-01-2004, 10:57 PM
My girlfriend, a real Cubs fan, used to have no opinion of the Sox. She's hated them ever since I called Mike Lowell's home run in the NLCS last year.

Flight #24
10-02-2004, 12:59 AM
im so happy the cubs are getting their sorry @$$es whooped. my GF is a huge cubbie fan and she still thinks "were going to the playoffs, baby!"

HA!

I've been rubbing it in ever since the lovable losers have proved that they are, in fact, losers. :bandance:

She sounds like she's got ticket connections.....maybe she can hook you up to see the Cards/Dodgers!

Viva Magglio
10-02-2004, 01:07 AM
They ain't dead yet, don't forget. By the time I am sitting in Ryan Field/Dyche Stadium Saturday night watching NU take on tOSU, I hope to have the taste of champagne in my mouth in celebration of the Cubs' official elimination!

voodoochile
10-02-2004, 01:11 AM
They ain't dead yet, don't forget. By the time I am sitting in Ryan Field/Dyche Stadium Saturday night watching NU take on tOSU, I hope to have the taste of champagne in my mouth in celebration of the Cubs' official elimination!
Go ahead, root for the losers to lose. make it complete, root for Northwestern. Go Buckeyes...

This one shouldn't be close.

FarWestChicago
10-02-2004, 01:14 AM
Go ahead, root for the losers to lose. make it complete, root for Northwestern. Go Buckeyes...

This one shouldn't be close.:hijacked:

voodoochile
10-02-2004, 01:42 AM
:hijacked:
Like I have said so many times, If it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck, it must be Northwestern. Like you would care if it wasn't your Alma Mater I was dissing. :o:

And, yes, I was looking for reply from you. Welcome back, big man. Hope we see some more of you around now that the season is over...:bandance:

FarWestChicago
10-02-2004, 01:46 AM
Welcome back, big man. Hope we see some more of you around now that the season is over...:bandance:You won't. Although the FOBB's have made the baseball parts of the board unreadable, I would still be in the other forums if time permitted. I'm just being lazy tonight (and a little giddy with the Flubbie and Beane results today). I have a pile of work to get to and several new projects that must be attended to. :o:

voodoochile
10-02-2004, 01:57 AM
You won't. Although the FOBB's have made the baseball parts of the board unreadable, I would still be in the other forums if time permitted. I'm just being lazy tonight (and a little giddy with the Flubbie and Beane results today). I have a pile of work to get to and several new projects that must be attended to. :o:Ownership sucks. Never let it get you down. When you truly love your work, it isn't work anymore. The work is ever present. When you do it is immaterial. I never knew that until July...:cool:

Kill 'em all and let God sort them out...

Let's see anymore cliche's I can kick out or dispel?

How about this one...

The hardest task in sports is not hitting the curveball.

It is throwing the 20 yard out pattern in the 2.5 seconds you have before some Sing Sing wannabe rips of your arms off and starts beating you with them.

Just my opinion, it could be the wine.

Or maybe the JD... :D:

yeah, yeah, I know...:hijacked:

ma-gaga
10-02-2004, 02:08 AM
You won't. Although the FOBB's have made the baseball parts of the board unreadableYou must bow down before the almight power of the Beane.

Just ignore 2004, this season has been ruined by a couple of games that are just bad luck...

:)

dpbyron
10-02-2004, 04:51 PM
Now that song is playing LOUD!

FarWestChicago
10-03-2004, 02:29 AM

This one shouldn't be close.:cleo

Stick to your day job!!