PDA

View Full Version : Cubs are Done!!!!! Well almost.

WSox8404
10-01-2004, 05:07 PM
Atlanta 5, Cubs 4. What excuse will Dusty come up with after this one?

zach23
10-01-2004, 05:09 PM
I think coming back and making it close, but missing, had to hurt more than just going 1-2-3 in the 9th.

34 Inch Stick
10-01-2004, 05:11 PM
Obviously his meeting with Steve Stone affected his game preparation resulting in a loss.

marlins03
10-01-2004, 05:12 PM
The Goat Strikes Again

Aidan
10-01-2004, 05:13 PM
I think coming back and making it close, but missing, had to hurt more than just going 1-2-3 in the 9th.Agreed, and that's what they are saying at the Scrubbies board...

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=14554&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=450

"Of course, score almost enough. I would have rather seen them go 1-2-3 to end the nightmare."

Jerome
10-01-2004, 05:18 PM
This from Mac on MJ&H:

They are losers, but they're no longer loveable.

Palehose13
10-01-2004, 05:35 PM
This from Mac on MJ&H:

They are losers, but they're no longer loveable.Beautiful. Maybe all this crap we (Sox fans) have gone through the last year will be worth it...if they really aren't "lovable" anymore.

p.s. One of the few here last week that didn't think the cub would make post season play. I know there are two games left, but man-o-man...their chances are pretty slim now and methinks their attitudes aren't going to help them.

marlins03
10-01-2004, 05:38 PM
http://members.tripod.com/%7ENailThatCatfish/cubchokegoatbart.jpg

Aidan
10-01-2004, 05:40 PM
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

marlins03
10-01-2004, 05:42 PM
http://www.chicagobarproject.com/Reviews/WrigleyField/BillyGoatGoat.jpg
Excuse me, but will you allow my goat to come in also?

HomeFish
10-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Careful, careful.

The Rockies are not going to go quietly into the offseason. Nor will the Dodgers allow themselves to be swept. The Accursed Ones are still very much in this.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Careful, careful.

The Rockies are not going to go quietly into the offseason. Nor will the Dodgers allow themselves to be swept. The Accursed Ones are still very much in this.
Doubt it. Stop being so hopeful for the cubs. its not gunna happen

munchman33
10-01-2004, 06:03 PM
Careful, careful.

Dude, why are you always so negative about the Sox, yet give the Cubs every last bit of opportunity, even when they're next to zero chance now they can succeed.

HomeFish
10-01-2004, 06:04 PM
Doubt it....its not gunna happen

We cannot yet say that with any certainty. It is very possible for them to still win this.

Until they are eliminated beyond a doubt, we should put the celebrations on hold.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-01-2004, 06:09 PM
We cannot yet say that with any certainty. It is very possible for them to still win this.

Until they are eliminated beyond a doubt, we should put the celebrations on hold.Fair enough. This gives me plenty of time to go back and find all the abrasive posts by all the worry warts who just 10 days ago were ripping their fellow Sox Fans for (rightly, as it appears) pointing out months ago that the Cubs were sunk if all they could hope for is winning the wild card.

Some people here are going to pay BIG TIME, HomeFish. You might want to think about that.

:chickenlittle

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-01-2004, 06:14 PM

Until they are eliminated beyond a doubt, we should put the celebrations on hold.
k

Aidan
10-01-2004, 06:19 PM
Dude, why are you always so negative about the Sox, yet give the Cubs every last bit of opportunity, even when they're next to zero chance now they can succeed.Exactly what I was going to say. :rolleyes:

balke
10-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Love the sig Aiden. But you're gonna look so stupid!

HomeFish
10-01-2004, 06:25 PM
Some people here are going to pay BIG TIME, HomeFish. You might want to think about that.

What are you going to do -- ban me for repeating that a team which has not yet been eliminated from the playoffs can still get to the postseason? For saying that a team with the Cubs pitching staff is still potentially deadly in short playoff series, regardless of how they got there?

I hope just as much as all of you do, and perhaps even more so, that the Cubs will fail. But I will never indulge in premature celebration.

Aidan
10-01-2004, 06:31 PM
What are you going to do -- ban me for repeating that a team which has not yet been eliminated from the playoffs can still get to the postseason? For saying that a team with the Cubs pitching staff is still potentially deadly in short playoff series, regardless of how they got there?

I hope just as much as all of you do, and perhaps even more so, that the Cubs will fail. But I will never indulge in premature celebration.He's just telling you what everyone else thinks. You're extremely annoying with your incessant pessimism about the Sox, yet you always seem to be optimistic about the Un-Lovable Losers.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-01-2004, 06:36 PM
What are you going to do -- ban me for repeating that a team which has not yet been eliminated from the playoffs can still get to the postseason? For saying that a team with the Cubs pitching staff is still potentially deadly in short playoff series, regardless of how they got there? ....Why ban you? It won't be half as much fun for ripping on those like you who were ripping the rest of us for rightly noting how hard it is to win the wild card, and how stupid it was of these same people<cough>HOMEFISH!<cough> to rip on WSI's sensible and intelligent posters.
:cool:

santo=dorf
10-01-2004, 06:48 PM
Careful, careful.

The Astros have won 15 in a row at home and the Rockies have lost 14 of their last 18 on the road!!! :bandance: :gulp: :happybday :supernana:

zach23
10-01-2004, 07:00 PM

I hope just as much as all of you do, and perhaps even more so, that the Cubs will fail. But I will never indulge in premature celebration.

Homefish, are you a converted cub fan who still has some feelings for them? Just wondering since it looks like most of your favorite Sox players came from the 2000 team (Perry, Howry) and you recently started going to Sox games in person the past few years. Did you switch sides in 2000?

HomeFish
10-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Homefish, are you a converted cub fan who still has some feelings for them? Just wondering since it looks like most of your favorite Sox players came from the 2000 team (Perry, Howry) and you recently started going to Sox games in person the past few years. Did you switch sides in 2000?

The date of my conversion was June 11, 1999. It was one of the first baseball games I had ever gone to. Before, I had always assumed that I was a Cubs fan. That game changed things.

Naturally, the 2000 season was very special for me, as I'm sure it was for all of you, and I look fondly upon that year just as many of you look fondly upon 1977, 1983, or the early 90's. When Herbert Perry stepped to the plate that year, I simply felt confident that he would get something done, and that's not a feeling that I have gotten before or since. Howry was the first baseball player to ever sign anything for me -- collecting Howry memorabilia has been a sort of hobby ever since.

As for feelings I have for the Cubs, I would say only pure hatred. The fact that I do not want to celebrate their demise until it is sealed does not mean that I am cheering for said demise not to occur.

ChiSoxRowand
10-02-2004, 12:48 AM
The Cubs are probably done, but I'm still not celebrating until they are mathmatically eliminated.

SomebodyToldMe
10-02-2004, 12:53 AM
The Cubs are probably done, but I'm still not celebrating until they are mathmatically eliminated.Yeah. But there's no harm in a pre-game party, right?:gulp:

voodoochile
10-02-2004, 01:11 AM
The date of my conversion was June 11, 1999. It was one of the first baseball games I had ever gone to. Before, I had always assumed that I was a Cubs fan. That game changed things.

Naturally, the 2000 season was very special for me, as I'm sure it was for all of you, and I look fondly upon that year just as many of you look fondly upon 1977, 1983, or the early 90's. When Herbert Perry stepped to the plate that year, I simply felt confident that he would get something done, and that's not a feeling that I have gotten before or since. Howry was the first baseball player to ever sign anything for me -- collecting Howry memorabilia has been a sort of hobby ever since.

As for feelings I have for the Cubs, I would say only pure hatred. The fact that I do not want to celebrate their demise until it is sealed does not mean that I am cheering for said demise not to occur.Hang in their. My date of conversion wat 1979 after the season was over. You can do it, but stop dumping your negative feelings into the present. Let it go. Revel in the fact that you are no longer a beliver in curses. That there is nothing lovable about losing. Reinsdorf sucks. The Sox do not. Note the distinction and run with it.

You can do it and WSI can help. We believe in you and there are many here who share your experience. One foot in front of the other, HF.

Banix12
10-02-2004, 04:52 AM
Anybody else finding it hilariously stupid that blame for this choke job is being placed upon the injuries to Wood, Prior, and Sosa early in the season and the absence of Hollandsworth and Borowski due to injury yet they are finishing in third place behind a team that lost Andy Pettite and Wade Miller for the year and has a beat up Jeff Bagwell carrying the team?

If I recall from listening to the cubs fans last month, the injuries were supposed to be a good thing because Wood and Prior would be fresher and sharper down the stretch.

For once this seems to be the year when they choke and there is no scapegoat to be found. Though I'm sure they'll find one soon. Somehow it's all going to get blamed on a black cat riding a goat down Waveland while wearing a Leon Durham jersey and listening to a walkman.

samram
10-02-2004, 06:56 AM
I like this from Mike Downey's (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-041001downey,1,4370459.column?coll=cs-home-utility) column today:

5. Loved this story from Hall of Fame scribe Hal McCoy on how the Cincinnati Reds were taunted Monday upon arrival at the park by Cubs fan Ronnie Wickers, who yelled at them: "Woo woo, wild card! Woo woo, wild card!"

Pitching coach Don Gullett called back: "You better check the woo woo standings."
:rolling:

DumpJerry
10-02-2004, 07:41 AM
I hate to be the guy who, before the season started, was awarded the contract to sell winter coats and sweaters in Hell in anticipation of a major cold front coming through.

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:
They Gone!!!!!!

DumpJerry
10-02-2004, 08:03 AM
http://images.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/thumbnails/story/2004-10/14483190.jpg (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-041001cubsgamer,1,2444593.story?coll=cs-cubs-headlines)
Was I supposed to win today? I thought it was Scammy's turn......

C-Dawg
10-02-2004, 08:08 AM
I think Sports Illustrated was just kidding when they declared the Cubs would win the World Series - in fact, at the time I joked that it was their "April Fool's" issue. So back at the time I scanned the cover and did a little "enhancement" on it.

Weird how the hockey thing is coming true too, in a way...

http://img37.exs.cx/img37/6022/april6.jpg

Jjav829
10-02-2004, 02:59 PM
Here's a genius idea I heard from some moron Cub fan named Brian who called into the Score earlier today. According to him, the Cubs are still alive and there is an easier way for the Cubs to get into the playoffs than to win both games and hope the Astros and Giants lose both. Here is all that has to happen. The Cubs win both their games and the Astros lose both their games. Then Cubs fans hope that the Giants win both of their games. You should have figured out why this guy is a moron by now. But he continues. If that scenario happens than the Giants and Dodgers would play a one game playoff for the NL West and the Cubs and Astros would play a one game playoff for the Wild Card. Genius plan! Then the Cubs only have to play one game against the Astros rather than have a 3 way tie. There's only one problem with it. The Astros currently have 90 wins. The Cubs 88. So they can be tied if the Cubs win the next 2 and the Astros lose. But....the Giants have 90 wins and the Dodgers 92 wins. If the Giants win the next two and the Astros lose the next two, it doesn't matter what the Cubs do. The Giants and Dodgers would be in the playoffs with whoever won the season series determining which team is the division winner, and which team the Wild Card winner. I felt like driving off the road listening to this moron. Now I didn't know the exact win totals for each team when I was listening to this, but it's pretty obvious that if the Cubs are 2 behind the Giants, and the Giants are 2 behind the Dodgers, then if the Giants and Dodgers end up tied, the Cubs are screwed. What a genius this guy was!

duke of dorwood
10-02-2004, 03:17 PM
4 outs to GO:D:

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Time to be like the cubs fan last year in game 6 of the NLCS :D:

4!!!!

edit: oops

duke of dorwood
10-02-2004, 03:26 PM
3 to GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Realist
10-02-2004, 03:37 PM
2 more. :smile:

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-02-2004, 03:39 PM
Come on Nomar...make your last AB in a cub uniform a GIDP :D:

SomebodyToldMe
10-02-2004, 03:39 PM
I don't like this...This is too storybook like.

Nomar up with as the man who could tie it.

Come on, braves.

daveeym
10-02-2004, 03:41 PM
way to take that fast ball for a strike nomar, best pitch you'll see the entire ab.

Realist
he gawn!

daveeym
Way to go down crying, sums up their season.

Jjav829
10-02-2004, 03:42 PM
He gone! Nomar argues about it. Sit down you bum. That was a strike.

chisoxmike
Shut up Nomar.

chisoxmike
This is still too "storybook." Come on 1 more!

daveeym
Let's watch alou through a tantrum. OOOH the poor cub fan shots being shown now :gulp:

Jjav829
A Moises Alou check swing K would be the perfect way to end this.

DumpJerry
10-02-2004, 03:43 PM
THEY GONE! THEY GONE! THEY GONE! THEY GONE!
:) :supernana: :) :supernana: :)
THE WORLD IS SAFE AGAIN!

ChiWhiteSox1337
Cubs Lose

Realist
:smile:

WinningUgly!
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/atlantaHAWK.JPG
THEY GONE!!!!

chisoxmike
10-02-2004, 03:44 PM
:hawk
THEY GONE!!!!!:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Jjav829
10-02-2004, 03:44 PM
He Gone! They Gone! Hahahaha. See ya next year you losers! Fitting ending. Alou strikes out swinging.

BearSox
10-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Ha Ha Ha Hows the crummy confines taking it? :D:

daveeym
Man if it wasn't for Stone the cubs would have won the WC.

marlins03
CUBS LOSE YESS :):supernana::):supernana::):supernana:\
THE WORLD IS SAFE FROM CUBS IN POSTSEASON

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-02-2004, 03:46 PM
He Gone! They Gone! Hahahaha. See ya next year you losers! Fitting ending. Alou strikes out swinging.
If only it was sosa :whiner: still, i know we enjoyed the outcome! :)

:dinger:

Realist
10-02-2004, 03:46 PM
I still believe!!!....

....the Cubs suck.

daveeym
10-02-2004, 03:47 PM
what's the best cubs board to watch the cub fans cry at?

Jjav829
10-02-2004, 03:47 PM
If only it was sosa :whiner: still, i know we enjoyed the outcome! :)

:dinger:Either one would do. Just the fact that it ended on a K was fitting.

:wills
"Here's hoping you enjoyed this thread, I KNOW you enjoyed the outcome."

Aidan
10-02-2004, 03:49 PM
what's the best cubs board to watch the cub fans cry at?www.NorthSideBaseball.com (http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/index.php)

DumpJerry
10-02-2004, 03:53 PM
www.NorthSideBaseball.com (http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/index.php)

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:They ask for $50 to join and you send the check to some mope in
California! Of course, the team whose fans have no problem paying a broker who happens TO OWN THE TEAM for marked-up tickets are dumb enough to send in fifty bucks to some guy in California too, I'm not sure what he does with the money.......

I'm starting a new website: www.wemustlovethecubs.com (http://www.wemustlovethecubs.com/) and charge $75 for the privilege of talking about the Flubs......:D:

C-Dawg
10-02-2004, 03:56 PM
They ask for $50 to join and you send the check to some mope in
California!

You're kidding, right? :o: Actually it shouldn't surprise me; the fans will do just like they do when they buy tickets - charge it on Daddy's credit card.

Jjav829
10-02-2004, 04:00 PM
California! Of course, the team whose fans have no problem paying a broker who happens TO OWN THE TEAM for marked-up tickets are dumb enough to send in fifty bucks to some guy in California to, I'm not sure what he does with the money.......

I'm starting a new website: www.wemustlovethecubs.com (http://www.wemustlovethecubs.com/) and charge $75 for the privilege of talking about the Flubs......:D:
Ha, they charge $5 a month to get the features that WSI gives you for free and on a much better board. Plus they threaten you to sign up for it because they are going to put more ads on the site. :?:

DumpJerry
10-02-2004, 04:03 PM
You're kidding, right? :o: Actually it shouldn't surprise me; the fans will do just like they do when they buy tickets - charge it on Daddy's credit card.Check it out, my friend. On the left side of the homepage.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-02-2004, 04:04 PM
Umm... I know of another hypocritical Flubs fan who swore up and down he would never charge to post on his board and spun on a dime when some shysters from Seattle offered him a "publishing deal" to do just that.

Quite a troll, too. Big surprise there.

:smokin:

DumpJerry
10-02-2004, 04:06 PM
California! Of course, the team whose fans have no problem paying a broker who happens TO OWN THE TEAM for marked-up tickets are dumb enough to send in fifty bucks to some guy in California to, I'm not sure what he does with the money.......

I'm starting a new website: www.wemustlovethecubs.com (http://www.wemustlovethecubs.com/) and charge $75 for the privilege of talking about the Flubs......:D:By the way, after about three weeks of collecting money, I'll have enough money to buy out JR and his crew. Then the fun begins!!!!!!!
Changes after I buy the WS:
1. We actually sign free agents
2. We have a well-rounded roster
3. We have a bullpen.
4. Fireworks whenever the Flubs lose.
5. The WS at Comiskey!!!!!!

Aidan
10-02-2004, 04:07 PM
Check it out, my friend. On the left side of the homepage.Yep, what a joke...

http://img3.exs.cx/img3/2193/NSBB.jpg

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-02-2004, 04:10 PM
Yep, what a joke...

wow. that SUCKS.

santo=dorf
10-02-2004, 04:13 PM
http://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/2004/0405_large.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/ky2/bbautos/ELIA.jpg

"MY ****ING ASS!!!"

:supernana:

Aidan
10-02-2004, 04:15 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/ky2/bbautos/ELIA.jpg

"MY ****ING ASS!!!"

:supernana:CLASSIC! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :)

StillMissOzzie
10-02-2004, 04:24 PM
Yep, what a joke...

I'm not paying a cent to be a troll there, but I can still sit here and read their sobbing drivel for free!

SMO
:bandance:

StillMissOzzie
10-02-2004, 04:26 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/atlantaHAWK.JPG

THEY GONE!!!!

Anothe PaintShop masterpiece, WU! I love Hawk's new hat!

SMO
:gulp:

shagar69
10-02-2004, 04:30 PM

wow baker is getting TORCHED on there! it is really beautiful after hearing all those morons onradio and tv proclaiming how dusty will lead thim to the WS!

SOXSINCE'70
10-02-2004, 04:33 PM
THEY GONE!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

SOXSINCE'70
10-02-2004, 04:35 PM
wow baker is getting TORCHED on there! it is really beautiful after hearing all those morons onradio and tv proclaiming how dusty will lead thim to the WS!
I normally could care less,but I can't wait to hear Maggott-otti Monday.
He will be furious.Guess all the apple polishing he did for Hendry this season
backfired.BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

SOXSINCE'70
10-02-2004, 04:39 PM
By the way, after about three weeks of collecting money, I'll have enough money to buy out JR and his crew. Then the fun begins!!!!!!!
Changes after I buy the WS:
1. We actually sign free agents
2. We have a well-rounded roster
3. We have a bullpen.
4. Fireworks whenever the Flubs lose.
5. The WS at Comiskey!!!!!!
I like it when a plan comes together.:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

C-Dawg
10-02-2004, 04:44 PM

Hey :mad: they have a member on there called "Suffnekcow"..... That's an old Harry Carey-ism from the Sox days (John Wockenfuss spelled backwards).

That's kind of weird since most Cub fans have no knowledge or memory of pre-Cub Harry Carey, as if he had been broadcasting in a vacuum all those years.

HebrewHammer
10-02-2004, 05:51 PM
:sahaf

"The mighty Chicago Cubs will still be in the playoffs, where we are sure they will bring the world championship back to Wrigley. Other teams would be foolish to even show up, our victory is that certain. "

After making this statement the Cubs Information minister was never seen again.

zach23
10-02-2004, 06:38 PM
Be carefull everyone, HomeFish may warn us that the season has not officially ended yet and there is still a chance that Bud Selig may declare that the past week does not count and the cubs are granted a playoff spot. :D: