PDA

View Full Version : Dewayne Wise... SUPERSTAR!!!

Tekijawa
10-01-2004, 03:55 PM
2 run dinger off of Cy Wood in the 2nd...

HomeFish
10-01-2004, 04:03 PM
Dude, its the third inning and the Braves have a one-run lead. This game is nowhere near over. For all we know, the Accursed Ones are going to break out for an 8-run fourth and you'll look like an idiot for having posted this.

I'm all for celebrating the Cubs' losses (in fact, I revel in doing so), but I prefer to wait until the game is actually over.

HomeFish
10-01-2004, 04:09 PM
And hey, look what happens right after you post that. The Braves had a guy on third with no outs and stranded him.

The Braves are not looking for revenge, folks. They have clinched their millionth playoff spot and don't really care. In other words, they are LAYING DOWN for the Cubs, just as almost every other non-Cincinnatti team has done this year.

You just better hope the Rockies lay down too.

zach23
10-01-2004, 04:18 PM
I disagree that they are laying down. Look at the quotes from Giles and Cox.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/deluca/cst-spt-deluca012.htm

''We still have a bit of a sour taste in our mouths from what they did to us last year,'' Braves second baseman Marcus Giles told MLB.com. ''We wouldn't mind returning the favor and keeping them out of the playoffs this year.

''It's important for us to keep going hard for everybody still going against the Cubbies for the wild card,'' Braves manager Bobby Cox told reporters this week.

The Braves have a lot of veterans that remember last year, plus they still need to get home field.

Rocky Soprano
10-01-2004, 04:21 PM
4-1 Braves! :supernana: :dtroll:

marlins03
WOW THAT PITCHER CRUSHED THAT ONE :):supernana:

davenicholson
Mike Hampton ain't layin' down!!! :D:
(4-1 Los Bravos on a 2-run homer by Hampton)

santo=dorf
10-01-2004, 04:22 PM
WOW THAT PITCHER CRUSHED THAT ONE :):supernana:
Well it was from former-marlin (for 5 minutes,) Mike Hampton!

cubhater
10-01-2004, 04:28 PM
Cubs hit into a 6-4-3 to end the fourth! First pitch after Chimp said a homer will tie it up!:D:

balke
10-01-2004, 04:29 PM
Just you wait Santo=dorf I'm going to be the first one to call you stupid.Any minute now.... The legendary cubs... any minute

marlins03
10-01-2004, 04:32 PM
Well it was from former-marlin (for 5 minutes,) Mike Hampton! dont remind me that was stupid we should have had him for a season

Unregistered
10-01-2004, 04:33 PM
The Braves are not looking for revenge, folks. They have clinched their millionth playoff spot and don't really care. In other words, they are LAYING DOWN for the Cubs, just as almost every other non-Cincinnatti team has done this year. Homefish, I don't think you could be more wrong if you tried. The Braves are fighting for home-field advantage through the playoffs and also know that if they don't win and the Cubs win the wild card, they're going to go right back to playing them in the first round of the playoffs. Don't think for a second that these are meaningless games to the Braves.

thepaulbowski
10-01-2004, 04:35 PM
Homefish, I don't think you could be wrong if you tried. The Braves are fighting for home-field advantage through the playoffs and also know that if they don't win and the Cubs win the wild card, they're going to go right back to playing them in the first round of the playoffs. Don't think for a second that these are meaningless games to the Braves.
The Braves are out for blood. They would love to be the team that keeps the Cubs out of the playoffs.

marlins03
10-01-2004, 04:36 PM
Hampton has power wow

HomeFish
10-01-2004, 04:37 PM
Homefish, I don't think you could be wrong if you tried. The Braves are fighting for home-field advantage through the playoffs and also know that if they don't win and the Cubs win the wild card, they're going to go right back to playing them in the first round of the playoffs. Don't think for a second that these are meaningless games to the Braves.

Hitting two straight pop-ups with a guy on third and nobody out tells me otherwise. That's all I'm saying. I hadn't seen the media quotes.

marlins03
10-01-2004, 04:39 PM
this is just something i like to get on braves fans about they have 13 Titles we have none We have 2 rings they have 1 and......
Rings > Titles :):)

CHISOXFAN13
10-01-2004, 04:40 PM
The team laying down argument is ridiculous, IMO. Anyone who has ever competed at any level would know that a competitor never lays down.

Geez, the Braves didn't get a runner in from third. It happens. I seriously doubt that's what they were trying to do.

Flight #24
10-01-2004, 04:46 PM
Hitting two straight pop-ups with a guy on third and nobody out tells me otherwise. That's all I'm saying. I hadn't seen the media quotes.
Yeah, because the sucess rate for scoring runs with a man on 3d & no outs is almost 100%.......

WhteSox725
10-01-2004, 05:05 PM
So much for "Kid K's" dominance of the Braves.

mantis1212
10-01-2004, 05:12 PM
I personally would love to see a sweep to end the Cubs' season with a six-game losing streak

The Wimperoo
10-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Anyone watching the game? Is the wind blowing out today really hard? On game tracker it says the wind is blowing in from right field at 8mph, but someone on a different message board is making excuses for Wood by saying the wind is blowing out. I am at work, so I can't see it on tv.

zach23
10-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Classy cub fans delay the game by throwing trash on the field again.

cubhater
10-01-2004, 05:35 PM
Gee I just heard the grounds crew is cleaning up debris in the outfield near the right-center field seats. Wind must have blown it on the field. Cub fans would never stoop to such childish behavior!:rolling: