PDA

View Full Version : Cora Top on Mets list?

Clembasbal
10-01-2004, 02:04 PM
"Jaramillo, Cora top early manager list" From NY Newsday

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/ny-spmside013990730oct01,0,6359367.story?coll=ny-mets-print&vote14257237=1

ANy thoughts? I thought he did a decent job, but I am not sure that he is mangerial material. I would like him back with the Sox, until he turns into "Waving Wallie" (Out way before Waving Wendell came into fruition)

Tekijawa
10-01-2004, 02:09 PM
Cora to the Mets? Rumors about Sammy heading there too... Minya must be trying to get fired!

santo=dorf
10-01-2004, 02:24 PM
There apparently also are more established names on the list, including Jerry Manuel, Jim Fregosi, Don Baylor and even Bobby Valentine.
Proving once again, that the Mets are the biggest mess of an organization in the MLB.

:hawk

"WHAT! NO! Joey Cora may be the best third base coach, I have ever seen."

:DJ

"No question."

:jerry

"New York is the 'City that never sleeps.' How am I supposed to get my 6th inning nap in?"

:baylor

"I could be the first fired Cubs manager to get a manager's position since, well, I think when the dinosaurs ruled the Earth."

:everett:

"There ain't no dinosaurs. The bible doesn't say anything about dinosaurs."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_online/QandA/2003/0519/valentine.jpg

"Go back to New York?!?! No thanks. I rather talk **** about the players in front of a TV camera. But just once I would like to use my pair of Groucho Marx glasses that I bought from the 'Funny Farm' in and MLB game ."

HomeFish
10-01-2004, 03:02 PM
If Manuel manages another MLB team, please let it be in the AL Central, just not in Chicago.

I mean, we could personally thank him for 2001-03 about ten times a year...

Clembasbal
10-01-2004, 03:19 PM
If Manuel manages another MLB team, please let it be in the AL Central, just not in Chicago.

I mean, we could personally thank him for 2001-03 about ten times a year...
I don't think that he would ever take a job in the Central because he knows he would get dumped on in Chicago.

Cora, nice guy...and the best part about the article is that he was in the Mets organization as a Rookie Level manager and got fired because they thought he did not know how to teach or coach...now they want him back?

Personally, if he can't teach I don't want him either.

Lip Man 1
10-01-2004, 06:12 PM
According to an interview on The Sporting News radio network two days ago, negotiations have started between the Mets and Gary Carter for the field manager position. Carter felt optimistic that something would get done.

Lip

AddisonStSox
10-01-2004, 07:15 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_online/QandA/2003/0519/valentine.jpg

"Go back to New York?!?! No thanks. I rather talk **** about the players in front of a TV camera. But just once I would like to use my pair of Groucho Marx glasses that I bought from the 'Funny Farm' in and MLB game ."
Isn't he managing a baseball team in Japan? That guy was awesome.

santo=dorf
10-01-2004, 07:53 PM
Isn't he managing a baseball team in Japan? That guy was awesome.
Yes.

It's time for someone to update their sig too. :D:

AddisonStSox
10-02-2004, 01:02 PM
Here it is...:D: