PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Tidbit on Comcast

Hangar18
10-01-2004, 12:47 PM
I heard Dan Jiggets today say, in response to critics assertions that Comcast will be nthing but FLUFFY programming and wont be critical, because its owned by all 4 sports teams. He said they were told " hey, just be nice". made me think that Comcast will be nothing but a vehicle for Fluff Programming.
Also, interesting to note. Anyone see that Continuous Loop they were running, the 3 or 4 minute long Commercial ? Well, I counted the number of HIGHLITES they kept running and tabulated it for my fellow WSI'ers here.
Take from it what you will, its just an observation.

20 Cub Hilites
13 Bear Hilites
8 Sox Hilites
6 Bulls Hilites
5 Hwks Hilites

Tekijawa
10-01-2004, 01:15 PM
I heard Dan Jiggets today say, in response to critics assertions that Comcast will be nthing but FLUFFY programming and wont be critical, because its owned by all 4 sports teams. He said they were told " hey, just be nice". made me think that Comcast will be nothing but a vehicle for Fluff Programming.
Also, interesting to note. Anyone see that Continuous Loop they were running, the 3 or 4 minute long Commercial ? Well, I counted the number of HIGHLITES they kept running and tabulated it for my fellow WSI'ers here.

20 Cub Hilites
13 Bear Hilites
8 Sox Hilites
6 Bulls Hilites
5 Hwks Hilites
Hangar man you have too much time on your hands... but since you do I have a request. I've seen a Verizon Commercial about 100 times, I have it TIVO'd it's the one with the Little kid at the soccer game. At the end the kids says something but I can figure out what it is, it sounds like a Dying Frog. I have told friends about it and they are now just as obsessed with finding out the answer as I am... Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Teki

eriqjaffe
10-01-2004, 01:51 PM
Well, I counted the number of HIGHLITES they kept running and tabulated it for my fellow WSI'ers here.

20 Cub Hilites
13 Bear Hilites
8 Sox Hilites
6 Bulls Hilites
5 Hwks Hilites

Great, the Sox are more important than the Bulls or the Hawks!

wdelaney72
10-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Great, the Sox are more important than the Bulls or the Hawks!
:reinsy "I've always publicly stated I'd trade my Bulls championships for a White Sox World Series victory."

cubhater77
10-01-2004, 03:15 PM
well, i called directtv and comcast, both told me the new channel will not be on the dish.

SoxFan78
10-01-2004, 03:34 PM
I've seen a Verizon Commercial about 100 times, I have it TIVO'd it's the one with the Little kid at the soccer game. At the end the kids says something but I can figure out what it is, it sounds like a Dying Frog. I have told friends about it and they are now just as obsessed with finding out the answer as I am... Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Teki
I think the kid is saying yikes or ai-yai-yai, or at least thats my girlfriends opnion. I think that freaky little kid is just growling

jabrch
10-01-2004, 04:28 PM
well, i called directtv and comcast, both told me the new channel will not be on the dish.

So if I was thinking of getting Direct TV it would be a bad idea - huh?

Lip Man 1
10-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Folks:

Once again read Ed Sherman's column in the Tribune today. He says they are still in negotiations with Direct TV and the Dish Network. The owners have insisted that the teams be available on satellite.

Give it some time... after all what are you missing? The bad Bulls? the even worse Lackhawks??

Lip

cubhater77
10-01-2004, 05:10 PM
yup only thing good about the dish is nfl sunday ticket. go colts!

hsnterprize
10-01-2004, 06:44 PM
I just got off the phone with someone from their customer service line. She told me that contrary to what I've been told over the past few days, Comcast Sports Net will debut on W.O.W. on NOVEMBER 1st instead of today. As far as the channels are concerned, it'll be on channel 38 for "Chicago Land" subcribers (that's the suburban subscribers for those of you who don't know what that means), and channel 65 for "Chicago City" subscribers. She read an office e-mail to me that said that. I'd been told a few times that like Comcast, W.O.W. subscribers will have C.S.N. starting today like everyone else who's supposed to have it.

For what it's worth, the remaining Sox/Cubs games slated for FSN will remain there until the season is over. Oh, by the way...W.O.W. is in negotiations now to get CLTV added to the system.

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-01-2004, 06:48 PM
Channel 78 on Insight Communications Cable for me in rockford. I'm excited to have the channel but I hope there's more than just Chicago sport news, bull games, and CFL games this winter! I want to see classic games!

FightingBillini
10-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Its on channel 69 in Champaign/Urbana for anyone curious. As of this afternoon, they were still looping the infomercials. Programing was supposed to start today, dont know when it will.

Viva Magglio
10-01-2004, 11:32 PM
I just got off the phone with someone from their customer service line. She told me that contrary to what I've been told over the past few days, Comcast Sports Net will debut on W.O.W. on NOVEMBER 1st instead of today. As far as the channels are concerned, it'll be on channel 38 for "Chicago Land" subcribers (that's the suburban subscribers for those of you who don't know what that means), and channel 65 for "Chicago City" subscribers. She read an office e-mail to me that said that. I'd been told a few times that like Comcast, W.O.W. subscribers will have C.S.N. starting today like everyone else who's supposed to have it.

For what it's worth, the remaining Sox/Cubs games slated for FSN will remain there until the season is over. Oh, by the way...W.O.W. is in negotiations now to get CLTV added to the system.
Suburban WOW currently has FSNC on Channel 38. So with CSNC taking over Channel 38, all we can say about FSNC is...

:hawk
"It gone!"

Then again, I guess this means I can't see the Arizona State-Arizona game on FSN national. Oh, well. Give and take.

ChiSoxRowand
10-02-2004, 01:40 AM
I have DirecTV and I read Shermans column in the cubune today. They said they are still going through negotiations. Sounds like it should be up on DirecTV by November 1 at the latest.

Hangar18
10-02-2004, 10:47 AM
ChiSoxRowand............... You made me laugh my *** off!!!!!

Kogs35
10-02-2004, 07:34 PM
I have DirecTV and I read Shermans column in the cubune today. They said they are still going through negotiations. Sounds like it should be up on DirecTV by November 1 at the latest.
if u noticed when the sox played det last week the game was on channel 635. why 645 instead of 640? because when it does happen comcast will channel 640

shagar69
10-02-2004, 07:57 PM
Its on channel 69 in Champaign/Urbana for anyone curious. As of this afternoon, they were still looping the infomercials. Programing was supposed to start today, dont know when it will.
you sure its on 69? my channels dont go up to 69, only 68!

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-02-2004, 08:04 PM
you sure its on 69? my channels dont go up to 69, only 68!
Did you do a channel search? It won't show up until you do that. Should be able to update your channels through the options on the TV

santo=dorf
10-02-2004, 08:12 PM
you sure its on 69? my channels dont go up to 69, only 68!I get it here in Champaign. Right now they have some CFL football on.

shagar69
10-02-2004, 08:23 PM
I get it here in Champaign. Right now they have some CFL football on.
. are you in a res. hall?

santo=dorf
10-02-2004, 08:44 PM
. are you in a res. hall?
No. I live in an apartment and pay $85 a month for premium cable and internet. :whiner:

shagar69
10-02-2004, 08:50 PM
No. I live in an apartment and pay $85 a month for premium cable and internet. :whiner:
oh ok. i live in taft hall, so my tv only goes up to 68 for some reason. i probably have to program the tv to get more,

FightingBillini
10-03-2004, 01:30 AM
Yeah, you have to reprogram your TV.I havent tried to view it on the TV with the digital box, however. As for the $85 a month for cable/internet, I have the same deal, but anything beats living in the dorms.

On another note, if any of you Champaign guys know someone who needs a place to live for the remainder of the semester and next, I have an opening at $275 month. One of my roommates up and left, and doesnt plan on paying rent.