PDA

View Full Version : Even When They Lose

34 Inch Stick
10-01-2004, 12:58 PM
they win. I have a feeling that this Cub team will be remembered much the same way that the '69 team is remembered. This defeat will soon become a warm fuzzy example of how the Cubs are lovable losers.

This team should be on everyone's Most Disappointing list at the end of the year well ahead of the Phillies.

fusillirob1983
10-01-2004, 01:14 PM
Yeah, they're pretty sad. There's a lot of people around campus with those 1983 Sox hats, and I've seen a couple, but still fewer for 1917. Cub fans wear the 1914 and 1969 hats. Losers.

VaSoxfan
10-01-2004, 02:11 PM
they win. I have a feeling that this Cub team will be remembered much the same way that the '69 team is remembered. This defeat will soon become a warm fuzzy example of how the Cubs are lovable losers.

This team should be on everyone's Most Disappointing list at the end of the year well ahead of the Phillies.

I don't think that will happen, you're already seeing some articles on how the Cubs have underachieved. Add to that their whining, suspensions, the mediocrity of Prior and Woods, the temper tantrums...I think most people got an excellent look at what the Cubs and their fans are really like.

soxnut
10-01-2004, 03:03 PM
I don't think that will happen, you're already seeing some articles on how the Cubs have underachieved. Add to that their whining, suspensions, the mediocrity of Prior and Woods, the temper tantrums...I think most people got an excellent look at what the Cubs and their fans are really like.

I think you're right. I was listening to a little bit of the Dan Patrick show and they were criticizing the Cubs and their performance and all of the antics about curses and goats and excuses. So, hopefully people are getting tired of the act and start treating the Cubs how every other team gets treated when expectations aren't met.

SOXSINCE'70
10-01-2004, 03:12 PM
Of course,if the Sox make it to the playoffs in 2005,they'll get 8-10 pages of coverage a day in the Scum Times and Cubune.:D: :D: :D:

YEAH,RIGHT!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

balke
10-01-2004, 03:12 PM
I think they'll finally be tagged as losers failing to take responsibility for their inability to win games. You have "The great Dusty" leading a team of all-star hitters, and pitchers, w/ a payroll of 90 mil. Yet they can't take criticism from the announcers booth, they use curse curse curse to explain their losing ways, and they let down their fans in a critical home series against the banged up Reds. That C in cubs will now permanently be CHOKE instead of CURSED.

Go Atlanta, it would be sweet redemption knockin those cubbies out of the playoffs.

Nellie_Fox
10-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Of course,if the Sox make it to the playoffs in 2005,they'll get 8-10 pages of coverage a day in the Scum Times and Cubune.:D: :D: :D:

YEAH,RIGHT!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

Click one row higher and ya get teal.

Flight #24
10-01-2004, 04:39 PM
If it's true that even when they lose, they win....then they're about to win another one today!

hellenicsoxfan
10-01-2004, 07:03 PM
I also don't think that this team will be remembered fondly. I've been listening to the Score and MVP to hear the Cub fans cry. Even many of them are saying how despicable this team is, what a bunch of jerks they are and that they are sick of them.