PDA

View Full Version : Gammons Rips Cubs(!)

davenicholson
10-01-2004, 07:29 AM
In a rare thread start for davenicholson, it is my pleasure to report a positive listening experience on sports talk this morning. Our old friend, Peter Gammons, went on for a couple of minutes about how the Cubs have made Houston America's favorite to win the wild card. He was mostly defending Baker and pointing out that the Cubs are a bunch of first-pitch-swinging, no-walk-taking, low-obp "veterans who are set in their ways. Swinging at the first pitch with the bases loaded, hopping after hitting a fly ball and getting thrown out at second..." etc. Man, I hardly listen to sports talk any more, but this little 5 minute slice of heaven made my morning!

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-01-2004, 07:37 AM
In a rare thread start for davenicholson, it is my pleasure to report a positive listening experience on sports talk this morning. Our old friend, Peter Gammons, went on for a couple of minutes about how the Cubs have made Houston America's favorite to win the wild card. He was mostly defending Baker and pointing out that the Cubs are a bunch of first-pitch-swinging, no-walk-taking, low-obp "veterans who are set in their ways. Swinging at the first pitch with the bases loaded, hopping after hitting a fly ball and getting thrown out at second..." etc. Man, I hardly listen to sports talk any more, but this little 5 minute slice of heaven made my morning!
nice :thumbsup:

we need as much cubs-bashing as possible right now.

samram
10-01-2004, 07:38 AM
I'm listening to the replay of the interview- it's nice to hear someone on the national scene speak the truth about the Cubs. Why is it that the people on this site always know the truth about them before anyone else (and often before we know the truth about the Sox)?:D:

bigfoot
10-01-2004, 07:46 AM
I'm listening to the replay of the interview- it's nice to hear someone on the national scene speak the truth about the Cubs. Why is it that the people on this site always know the truth about them before anyone else (and often before we know the truth about the Sox)?:D:
Perhaps, it is that we aren't blinded by the Great Eastern Time Zone Barrier.

voodoochile
10-01-2004, 08:09 AM
Perhaps, it is that we aren't blinded by the Great Eastern Time Zone Barrier.
Or maybe it's because we are Sox fans... no bias there...:rolleyes: