PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Brantley picks Cubs to win wild card

ihatethecubs
10-01-2004, 04:44 AM
yes, after the cubs lose today and are 1 game back with 3 left, he said he's still going to have to go with "america's favorite" and pick the cubs to win the wild card.

C-Dawg
10-01-2004, 06:15 AM
That's because they're so loveable!

Honestly, I think the whole wild card thing is flawed, and this year is the perfect example of why. At this point the Cubs should automatically be dropped from wild card consideration, in my opinion, simply because they're in 3rd place with only 3 games to go, and they're miles behind the division clinchers, the Cardinals. If the Cubs can somehow come back and capture the wild card, it would be a slap in the face to the first-place teams who are in the playoffs legitimately.

Yes, I much prefer the old East-West divisions they had before the strike and the sudden need for endless playoffs and TV ratings.

The Wimperoo
10-01-2004, 08:18 AM
Jeff Brantley had to be coked up while speaking last night. He kept saying that the Cubs are going back home to play against the Braves this weekend, and will have the crowd to boost them back up. Hello...were you watching the last 4 games they played....at WRIGLEY. He said that the bullpen was overworked because Prior and Wood are on pitch counts. Did he miss the few starts for Prior where he was well over 100 pitches, and even threw 129 one game. Latroy sucks because he has to pitch everyday. But he still thinks he is great in close games.

Anyone that even follows the Cubs for 10 seconds a day could realize that Jeff Brantley has no clue what goes on with the Cubs. What a dope.

bigfoot
10-01-2004, 08:41 AM
It seemed like Brantley's lips were turning blue. Could have been lack of oxygen to his head or just the Kool-Aide.

JB98
10-01-2004, 12:52 PM
Jeff Brantley had to be coked up while speaking last night. He kept saying that the Cubs are going back home to play against the Braves this weekend, and will have the crowd to boost them back up. Hello...were you watching the last 4 games they played....at WRIGLEY. He said that the bullpen was overworked because Prior and Wood are on pitch counts. Did he miss the few starts for Prior where he was well over 100 pitches, and even threw 129 one game. Latroy sucks because he has to pitch everyday. But he still thinks he is great in close games.

Anyone that even follows the Cubs for 10 seconds a day could realize that Jeff Brantley has no clue what goes on with the Cubs. What a dope.
Jeff Brantley is the same commentator who stated that Loaiza was "unhappy in Chicago" and that he would be "regain his Cy Young form" in New York. Consider the source on all these pro-Cubbie comments.

fusillirob1983
10-01-2004, 01:19 PM
Jeff Brantley is a future Hall of Famer. His opinion on baseball related topics is legitimate and should be respected.

Mickster
10-01-2004, 01:48 PM
Brantley did a little too much of this when young......

http://www.jokeornot.com/gallery/baby_reefer.jpg

hellenicsoxfan
10-01-2004, 06:58 PM
yes, after the cubs lose today and are 1 game back with 3 left, he said he's still going to have to go with "america's favorite" and pick the cubs to win the wild card.I almost fell out of my chair when he called them "America's favorite" and picked them to win the wild card. After losing 5 of 6 to the Mets and Reds. After bitching and moaning all season long. Earth to Brantley ... they are not America's favorite, they are not winning the wild card, they are not lovable and you are an idiot.

ClaudelSleptHere
10-01-2004, 07:13 PM
Please file this for future reference: Jeff Brantley was a mediocre pitcher who knows absolutely nothing......

balke
10-01-2004, 07:14 PM
I think Brantley was on Dan Patrick Show yesterday. He boasted that he is more comfortable going against Barry Bonds, then Ichiro Suzuki in a late inning situation to win the game, because he could "Easily strike Bonds out with my slider". What a dope. It's a tough call either way, but the confidence he boasted in his ability go get the Barry Bonds of right now out easily on his slider, further legitimized how big a moron this dope is.

This jerk was the Loaiza rumor machine. ANd he bashes the sox at nearly any opportunity he gets. I dislike him greatly.

FightingBillini
10-01-2004, 08:14 PM
I thought Brantley was high yesterday. He not only said the Cubs would win the wild card, but that they would take 2 OF 3 from the Braves. That would mean that both the Giants and Astros would have to lose 2 of 3. Giants, maybe. Astros, certainly not. He is a moron.
But I guess he is still accurate, the Cubs are gonna win the next two, the others will lose, and the Cubs will win a one game playoff to get in.