PDA

View Full Version : North side rag takes cheap shots at Sox fans

woodenleg
09-30-2004, 09:48 PM
Ted Cox (Cub fan) abuses his platform in this week's Reader (weekly 'alternative' whose real purpose is to sell ads) :

SO MUCH FOR THE SOX :

...and don't expect next year to be better.

"it amuses me when Sox fans go out of their way to run down Cubs fans. Cubs fans may be obsessed with status and cell phones and insobriety, but they don't need to be told when it's permissible to make some noise; they don't require a scoreboard applause meter to get them to cheer louder; and they don't pay more attention to the between-innings jumbo-TV sideshow races of frogs and planes and colored pinwheels than they do to the game itself. When Sox fans insult Cubs fans they display their innate insecurity -- but hey, with a team like this, insecurity is to be expected."

Further on, he gives us another b.s. generalization:

"The bright grandstand screen flashed 'Charge!' The kid sitting behind me shouted 'Charge!' Then the screen went back to flashing the Pepsi logo and the kid responded with deadpan sincerity, 'Pepsi!' I laughed until I cried at that one. Sox fans, once the fiercely independent denizens of the world's largest beer garden...had largely become a nation of behaviorists."

Thank you, Ted Cox, for explaining to the north siders the curious customs and attitudes of the exotic south side tribe. It's not as if there was a game going on or anything. After all, bad attempts at group psychology are better for one's career than accurate reporting.

Like my momma always sez about bullies, tells me more about you than it does about me.

So much bad logic and hypocrisy, so little time. Good thing I didn't pay for this piece of garbage.

samram
09-30-2004, 10:13 PM
Cubs fans may be obsessed with status and cell phones and insobriety, but they don't need to be told when it's permissible to make some noise
Imagine that- a bunch of drunk frat boys don't need to be told when it's permissible to make noise.

soltrain21
09-30-2004, 10:36 PM
That Pepsi thing sounds like the kid was joking around. My friend did the exact same thing once because it changed so abruptly.

What a stupid article.

DrCrawdad
09-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Ted Cox (Cub fan) abuses his platform in this week's Reader (weekly 'alternative' whose real purpose is to sell ads) :

...When Sox fans insult Cubs fans they display their innate insecurity -- but hey, with a team like this, insecurity is to be expected."

What does it say about Cubbie loving cocks like this guy who feel compelled to pen the perpetual put-downs of the Sox and Sox fans? Is it insecurity? Is it delusions of grandeur? Fortunately, I'm no pop pyschologist, like this turd.

Just one last thing for Ted Cox...

http://www.et.byu.edu/~jrp64/images/flipping%20bird.jpg

woodenleg
10-01-2004, 09:58 AM
What does it say about Cubbie loving cocks like this guy who feel compelled to pen the perpetual put-downs of the Sox and Sox fans? Is it insecurity? Is it delusions of grandeur? Fortunately, I'm no pop pyschologist, like this turd.
Exactly. He's trying to disguise the fact that his widdle feewings were hurt.

The whole thing is so sixth grade, so "your mama".

He went to one friggin' game...after the Sox were done for the season. What he did was go looking for evidence to fit his prejudices. And picking on a little kid....jeezus.

daveeym
10-01-2004, 11:26 AM
Exactly. He's trying to disguise the fact that his widdle feewings were hurt.

The whole thing is so sixth grade, so "your mama".

He went to one friggin' game...after the Sox were done for the season. What he did was go looking for evidence to fit his prejudices. And picking on a little kid....jeezus. Oh man we are gonna be getting a ton of these jabs at us when the cubs don't make the playoffs. well sox fans can go to hell the cubs were 1 1/2 games from the playoffs and while in 3rd place in the division still had a better record etc. etc. etc.

zach23
10-01-2004, 11:32 AM
Ted's last name kinda describes what he is.

Foulke You
10-01-2004, 01:29 PM
Oh man we are gonna be getting a ton of these jabs at us when the cubs don't make the playoffs. well sox fans can go to hell the cubs were 1 1/2 games from the playoffs and while in 3rd place in the division still had a better record etc. etc. etc.
Yeah, it is a lose/lose scenario. However, we would still be getting the jabs if they made the playoffs because then there would be the inevitable articles showcasing the "pathetic" Sox fans that don't support the Cubs in their "magical" playoff push. Remember all the "shame on you, Sox fans" articles there were in the 2003 playoffs?

I'll take the sore loser comments like this idiot Reader writer any day over success for the Cubs.

SOXSINCE'70
10-01-2004, 03:21 PM
You've given me another reason to ignore this looooo-sah.

If your widdle feewings are hurt,Teddy,go home and cry to Mommy.

LEAVE SOX FANS OUT OF IT,YOU JACKASS!!:angry: :angry: :angry: