PDA

View Full Version : Who hopes Boden is not on Comcast Sport Channel

JoseCanseco6969
09-30-2004, 05:23 PM
I know its not a big deal but I hate sharing pre-post game guys with the Cubs. Boden sucks plain and simple. Too bad Damon Andrews had to get a better job.

ChiSoxRowand
09-30-2004, 05:34 PM
me

iwannago
09-30-2004, 05:42 PM
Me too!

Randar68
09-30-2004, 05:42 PM
me
me too.

MRKARNO
09-30-2004, 05:44 PM
I love how everyone was clamoring for Andrews' departure and now they want to get rid of the guy who replaced him

Foulke You
09-30-2004, 06:27 PM
I love how everyone was clamoring for Andrews' departure and now they want to get rid of the guy who replaced him
Well, at least Andrews seemed to be behind the Sox even though he stumbled over his own words a lot. Boden is a known pro-Cubs announcer and bleeds Cubbie blue. He has no enthusiasm towards the Sox and his pre and post wrap ups are just a job for him. He would rather be covering the Cubs full time than talk about our team. They should just put the AM1000 Dave Wills postgame show on TV and simulcast it on the radio and the new Comcast Sports Chicago.

Lip Man 1
09-30-2004, 07:25 PM
I don't care for Boden and I sure as hell didn't care for Andrews and his goofiness.

Two replacements who'd be better then either one of them or both combined...Dave Wills or Les Grobstein.

Lip

santo=dorf
09-30-2004, 07:32 PM
Well, at least Andrews seemed to be behind the Sox even though he stumbled over his own words a lot. Boden is a known pro-Cubs announcer and bleeds Cubbie blue. He has no enthusiasm towards the Sox and his pre and post wrap ups are just a job for him. He would rather be covering the Cubs full time than talk about our team. They should just put the AM1000 Dave Wills postgame show on TV and simulcast it on the radio and the new Comcast Sports Chicago.
I agree 100%.

http://images.radcity.net/5176/584823.jpg

"So the Sox win the meaningless game 11-2. So Bill, what about that Cubs game today?"

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/schedule/broadcasters/melton_bill.jpg

"Uhhhhh, I don't know Chris. I just follow the White Sox. Who was pitching for them today? Victor Zambrano?"

http://images.radcity.net/5176/584823.jpg

"No, Kerry Wood, the guy who is better than Mark Buehrle or anyone else on the Sux...I mean Sox's staff. You missed a good game today."

Clembasbal
09-30-2004, 08:21 PM
Can we get a record of the Sox from the date he started?

I am sure we started sucking since he got hired, not that he was the reason or anything.

LongLiveFisk
09-30-2004, 09:59 PM
I don't like Boden at all. Even Jerry Manuel had more personality than this guy! :redneck

ChiSoxRowand
10-01-2004, 12:30 AM
Yea we started sucking

Erik The Red
10-01-2004, 01:29 AM
I didn't mind Damon Andrews. Boden is a pud, though.

SaltyPretzel
10-01-2004, 07:30 AM
Boden sucks.

valposoxfan
10-01-2004, 09:55 AM
If you think Damon Andrews is a talented TV guy you are sorely mistaken. Awkward pauses, choppy transitions, and goofy forced cleverness to me does not make a solid, professional television personality. I was more than glad to see Andrews go and hope to God I never see him associated with this team again. I'll agree that Boden is rough as well, but if you think Andrews is a peg above him, I venture to wonder if you were really watching those pre and postgame shows.

Then again, working with Bill Melton could bring anyone down, however Dave Wills works through it. Andrews could not. He is not a talented TV host.

Fungo
10-01-2004, 10:48 AM
Me too. Boden is just dry.

wdelaney72
10-01-2004, 11:36 AM
The whole format of the postgame show is bad. It isn't Damon Andrews that comes up with the stupid 3 puns after every game. That nonsense continued after he left. The show is structured to be that way regardless of the host.

I agree that Boden is a tool, and the Sox need to step up and demand someone who at least cares about the team.

Dave Wills, though?? This guy is an embarrassment to the organization, more than Hawk. He has more excuses and company lines more than anyone I've ever heard. Not to mention his childish hatred of the North-side team. I don't like them either, but for God's sake act like a professional.

Dave Wills, no thanks.

Medford Bobby
10-01-2004, 12:52 PM
:bandance: Don't matter anymore, Boden will be the only guy left at FSN Chicago doing Pre and Post tractor pulls..............:redneck

2005 White Sox Baseball "We will suck on ComcastSportsnet Chicago too..."