PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Sold Bill of Goods By Theo.

Wealz
09-30-2004, 05:10 PM
We all heard it from our Cubs fans friends when the Cubs acquired Nomar. Well, it's hard to believe this is the same guy who had been elevated to icon status during his time in Boston. Anyone who'd sign him for for 3 or more years this offseason is asking for trouble.

Foulke You
09-30-2004, 06:16 PM
We all heard it from our Cubs fans friends when the Cubs acquired Nomar. Well, it's hard to believe this is the same guy who had been elevated to icon status during his time in Boston. Anyone who'd sign him for for 3 or more years this offseason is asking for trouble.
Nomar has not looked like the same player for sure. Honestly, I think the guy is playing hurt. He is much better than he has shown. I would like Nomar on the Sox but not at the money he is going to command. I would pay him $8 or $9 million but not the $15 million he is going to seek. I am a big Nomar fan (before he donned the enemy blue uniform) but you just can't invest that much money in such an often injured player.

Wealz
09-30-2004, 06:57 PM
Nomar has not looked like the same player for sure. Honestly, I think the guy is playing hurt. He is much better than he has shown. I would like Nomar on the Sox but not at the money he is going to command. I would pay him $8 or $9 million but not the $15 million he is going to seek. I am a big Nomar fan (before he donned the enemy blue uniform) but you just can't invest that much money in such an often injured player.
He's going to be 32 next year too. He may not get as much money as Renteria next year which, if someone told you that at the beginning of last year, would be a real shocker.

Fenway
10-01-2004, 09:27 AM
We knew something was wrong last year when he vanished the last 6 weeks of the season including the playoffs. He does ANYTHING in the ALCS Gradygate never happens.

Well in any event I think we know who more cursed.....Cubbies free fall been amazing to watch.

34 Inch Stick
10-01-2004, 10:30 AM
I really wonder who is going to make Nomar a priority this year. If you are looking for a shortstop there are many other players who will be on the market who fit better for the cost. I cannot imagine his agent will be able to set the market in the double digit millions. I think if he said he wanted 9 million he would get close to it. If he continues to say 12 million, many teams will not show interest and the market will go down to the point where he is in the 6-7 million range (okay put up the Jerry picture).

Fenway
10-02-2004, 09:35 AM
me thinks Nomar regrets not taking the $60M for 4 years that Boston offered

Mickster
10-02-2004, 11:42 AM
me thinks Nomar regrets not taking the $60M for 4 years that Boston offered
Me thinks maggs regrets the same....