PDA

View Full Version : Any Word on the Early Bird 2005 Schedule?

PINWHEELS
09-30-2004, 12:13 PM
Just curious to see who we play on opening day, interleague play ect...ect........

chisoxfan79
09-30-2004, 01:10 PM
I was looking into that this morning and the AL cENTRAL plays the Nl west for interleague. The only team that has released their home schedule is the Giants and they plaY The Royals and Indians at home.

SOXSINCE'70
09-30-2004, 01:14 PM
Just saw this today.Believe it was in the Scum Times.

Next year (2005),the Sox will open the season AT HOME.
They haven't done this since 1990,I believe.:gulp: :gulp:

chisoxfan79
09-30-2004, 01:20 PM

Did it say who?

Over By There
09-30-2004, 01:31 PM
I was looking into that this morning and the AL cENTRAL plays the Nl west for interleague. The only team that has released their home schedule is the Giants and they plaY The Royals and Indians at home.
Interesting. I would have thought we'd get the Central next year since we had the West last year and the East this year.

Brian26
09-30-2004, 01:41 PM

Aw man. Someone mentioned earlier that the Sox go to San Fran and Colorado next year. That would have been a cool road trip.

cubhater
09-30-2004, 01:53 PM
Interesting. I would have thought we'd get the Central next year since we had the West last year and the East this year.
That's logical and I'd love to do a West Coast road trip to see the Sox. If we play the NL Central, I wouldn't mind seeing PNC again, check out Cincy's new park, and see a game at Busch before it meets the wrecking ball.

SoxxoS
09-30-2004, 02:16 PM
We are going to start off with a tough schedule early, and the Twins will have it very easy for the first 3 months. We will then talk about this until the All-Star break, when we will be 3 games behind the Twins. We will blame the 3 game deficit on the Twins easy schedule. We will proceed to play the easy teams in the 2nd half, finishing with a 84-80 record for the year. And finish 10 games behind the Twins.

Maybe that shouldn't be in teal.

NonetheLoaiza
09-30-2004, 02:29 PM
We are going to start off with a tough schedule early, and the Twins will have it very easy for the first 3 months. We will then talk about this until the All-Star break, when we will be 3 games behind the Twins. We will blame the 3 game deficit on the Twins easy schedule. We will proceed to play the easy teams in the 2nd half, finishing with a 84-80 record for the year. And finish 10 games behind the Twins.

Maybe that shouldn't be in teal.
haha. let the criticism of the 2005 season begin. it is sad because it is probably going to end up that way anyways.

MRKARNO
09-30-2004, 02:30 PM
40 each with Boston and New York

:reinsy

"Just watch and wait, I will get my 40 home dates with the Red Sox and Yankees"

Ol' No. 2
09-30-2004, 02:38 PM

They haven't done this since 1990,I believe.:gulp: :gulp:It's not on the Times web site, or anywhere else that I can find. Is it on line somewhere? Link, please, if you have one.

IlliniSox
09-30-2004, 02:43 PM
Aw man. Someone mentioned earlier that the Sox go to San Fran and Colorado next year. That would have been a cool road trip.
I believe Farmio mentioned San DIEGO and Colorado a month ago.

chisoxmike
09-30-2004, 07:10 PM
I didnt see it today in the Sun Times or Cubune

Foulke You
09-30-2004, 07:35 PM
I believe Farmio mentioned San DIEGO and Colorado a month ago.
Yeah, I think you are right...I seem to remember Farmer mentioning that the Sox make their first ever appearance at Coors Field next year.

soxwon
09-30-2004, 08:52 PM
ive mentioned elsewhere

we get tampa bay on july 4-6 at home

in kc july 25-27
sept 13-15
thats all i know

santo=dorf
09-30-2004, 09:06 PM
finishing with a 84-80 record for the year. And finish 10 games behind the Twins.

Maybe that shouldn't be in teal.We're going to be playing 164 games next year?!?!?

:kukoo:

Parrothead
09-30-2004, 09:06 PM
I told you all in an early post that my source with the Sox says, the Sox will play at San Diego and Colorado, which are cool destinations. :bandance:

batmanZoSo
10-01-2004, 12:23 AM

It's about friggin time. Does 5 or 6 days really make a climatic difference? This is the reason we always started on the road. Maybe we can get off to a hot start for a change. This will be a first for me to see the true opening day in Chicago.

Has anyone else absolutely had it with opening and closing in horrible Kansas City? Come to think of it, when was the last time we ended the season at home? 2000?

Lip Man 1
10-01-2004, 01:25 PM
Sox management has requested opening on the road and playing as few April games as possible because they feel that while they will get a good crowd for opening day, the rest of those early homestand's won't draw flies. They don't want to waste ten or so home dates getting 12,000.

They feel that a week or ten days does make a difference weather wise. I don't know if that's true but I'm assuming they have checked the weather records for the past 100 years.

Lip

Foulke You
10-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Sox management has requested opening on the road and playing as few April games as possible because they feel that while they will get a good crowd for opening day, the rest of those early homestand's won't draw flies. They don't want to waste ten or so home dates getting 12,000.

They feel that a week or ten days does make a difference weather wise. I don't know if that's true but I'm assuming they have checked the weather records for the past 100 years.

Lip
Although, this year it certainly backfired on them. It was beautiful and warm the first days of the month and got chilly again by the time the Sox returned home from the road. Honestly, I think the weather is a crapshoot. It will be nice to have a real Opening Day next year where Game 1 is at Comiskey.

ewokpelts
10-01-2004, 03:40 PM

They haven't done this since 1990,I believe.:gulp: :gulp:i just read yesterdays(thursday's ) cubtimes..no mention of the 2005 sched.
gene

Tragg
10-02-2004, 01:02 AM
My crystal ball says: we will probably open on the road; we will definitely close on the road; we will be on the road for memorial day and the fourth of July.

We played the west last year; I guess they're skipping central/central; we had the Giants at home last year

Whitesox029
10-02-2004, 01:11 AM
My crystal ball says: we will probably open on the road; we will definitely close on the road; we will be on the road for memorial day and the fourth of July.

We played the west last year; I guess they're skipping central/central; we had the Giants at home last yearThis will be the 2nd time they are skipping central-central. If you recall, it has gone like this:
1997-2001:Central
2002:East
2003:West
2004:East
2005:West(reputedly)
I agree that we should be opening at home for once. What is this baloney about requesting road openers? What if we go 0-3 on our first road trip and opening day crowds decide against going because the temperature has gone up only 1 degree and the Sox are 0-3? Besides "Home Openers" feel very phony. It isn't really opening day.
I've also noticed that we rotate in and out with about 4 or 5 teams on opening day. As far back as I can recall, it's Texas, Toronto, Seattle, Cleveland or KC to open. When did we last open vs. Detroit? Would it hurt to play a few games in April against Tampa? The computerized scheduling thing just doesn't work sometimes. We have to mix it up a bit.

Bisco Stu
10-02-2004, 01:15 AM
What would be the estimated date of the opener?

Whitesox029
10-02-2004, 01:19 AM
What would be the estimated date of the opener?I would say April 4 since it's the first monday in April--unless we are chosen to play the Sunday game to open the season for all of baseball.

dcb33
10-02-2004, 01:50 AM
This will be the 2nd time they are skipping central-central. If you recall, it has gone like this:
1997-2001:Central
2002:East
2003:West
2004:East
2005:West(reputedly)
I agree that we should be opening at home for once. What is this baloney about requesting road openers? What if we go 0-3 on our first road trip and opening day crowds decide against going because the temperature has gone up only 1 degree and the Sox are 0-3? Besides "Home Openers" feel very phony. It isn't really opening day.
I've also noticed that we rotate in and out with about 4 or 5 teams on opening day. As far back as I can recall, it's Texas, Toronto, Seattle, Cleveland or KC to open. When did we last open vs. Detroit? Would it hurt to play a few games in April against Tampa? The computerized scheduling thing just doesn't work sometimes. We have to mix it up a bit.The schedule will always be jacked until baseball rids itself of interleague play.
I wouldn't mind starting the season playing Seattle at Seattle. If we could fit that in with a trip into either Oakland or Anaheim we could be done with a West Coast road trip right from the start, and even if we finish 0-6, at least we'd have one less road trip out there to worry about. Does anyone know how many trips to the left coast the Sox will be making next year?
We played all 6 games against the D-Rays in April this year.
We haven't opened the season playing Detroit since 1963... you might be on to something with that!

Whitesox029
10-02-2004, 02:04 AM
The schedule will always be jacked until baseball rids itself of interleague play.
I wouldn't mind starting the season playing Seattle at Seattle. If we could fit that in with a trip into either Oakland or Anaheim we could be done with a West Coast road trip right from the start, and even if we finish 0-6, at least we'd have one less road trip out there to worry about. Does anyone know how many trips to the left coast the Sox will be making next year?
We haven't opened the season playing Detroit since 1963... you might be on to something with that!What I meant by mentioning Tampa is that we have never opened there. I know we have played them in April a couple of times. I just think starting off against a really bad team would help our morale a bit...Also, if we came home with a 3+ and 0 record we'd get to do the standing-o thing at the home opener. :smile:

dcb33
10-02-2004, 02:11 AM
What I meant by mentioning Tampa is that we have never opened there. I know we have played them in April a couple of times. I just think starting off against a really bad team would help our morale a bit...Also, if we came home with a 3+ and 0 record we'd get to do the standing-o thing at the home opener. :smile:
No arguments from me with that. Tampa isn't going to be in the basement for long, though. The thing I hate about opening the season against teams who aren't in our division is that MLB will end up scheduling home/road series vs. that team in consecutive weeks, which means we'd be done with them for the entire year before things really get under way, which is what happened this year vs. the Yankees, D-Rays, Jays, O's....

ewokpelts
10-02-2004, 11:32 AM
The schedule will always be jacked until baseball rids itself of interleague play.
We haven't opened the season playing Detroit since 1963... you might be on to something with that!i rather have interleague play as opposed to unbalanced schedule.
Gene

doogiec
10-03-2004, 09:10 AM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/schedule/tentative_schedule_2005.jsp

Link to 2005 Sox home schedule

C-Dawg
10-03-2004, 05:00 PM
Hey, the Dodgers will be at the Cell for 3 games in June..... Will there be all the "Old World-Series Opponents" hype this time, like there was for the Cubs-Yankees in 2003? Doubtful, since in 2003 the national media never uttered a peep about the Sox AT Dodgers since it fell on the same weekend as Yankees at Cubs.

SOXSINCE'70
10-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Did it say who?The Tribe.Also,the Dodgers are coming to Comiskey for the first time since 1959
for a 3 game series.And The Sox and Yankmees meet in late August for a weekend 3 gamer,the first they have played since 2000.Normally,the Yankmees
come in on a Mon-Weds./Tues.-Thurs. basis.

JKryl
10-04-2004, 01:48 PM
What I meant by mentioning Tampa is that we have never opened there. I know we have played them in April a couple of times. I just think starting off against a really bad team would help our morale a bit...Also, if we came home with a 3+ and 0 record we'd get to do the standing-o thing at the home opener. :smile:
I think that before they commit to playing in Tampa in April, they want to make sure that it hasn't blown away in the off season.:redneck

Kogs35
10-04-2004, 02:04 PM
I think that before they commit to playing in Tampa in April, they want to make sure that it hasn't blown away in the off season.:redneck
the sox r at tampa may9-11

champagne030
10-04-2004, 02:48 PM
I was in KC this past weekend and they handed out their 2005 home schedules. Sox in KC 4/22-4/24, 7/25-7/27 and 9/13-9/15. I believe I read the away schedule isn't complete because of some scheduling conflicts for multi-purpose stadiums.

Kogs35
10-04-2004, 03:06 PM
I was in KC this past weekend and they handed out their 2005 home schedules. Sox in KC 4/22-4/24, 7/25-7/27 and 9/13-9/15. I believe I read the away schedule isn't complete because of some scheduling conflicts for multi-purpose stadiums.
@min april 8-10, @det april 20-21, tampa may9-11, @cubs may20-22, @col june 7-9, @ padres june 10-12, @det june28-30, @min aug 23-25, @sea aug 26-29, @min sept16-18, @det sept26-29

alot is up in the air because of the 2 and 4 games sets that sox r asking mlb to look into on why they have so many