PDA

View Full Version : ichiro

idseer
09-30-2004, 07:50 AM
i find myself pleased that ichiro will break the all time hits in a season record.
would that the japanese league have been as fair and gracious to the few american players that would have broken saduhura oh's homerun record. as i recall, when they approached the record they were walked the rest of their seasons to prevent this from happening.

34 Inch Stick
09-30-2004, 09:10 AM
too bad the europeans don't play baseball or they would be able to see how gracious we really are

Tekijawa
09-30-2004, 09:36 AM
The A's Fan's booed him in his first plate appearance... Classy!

Tekijawa
09-30-2004, 03:14 PM
He's now one away from tying....

A. Cavatica
10-01-2004, 04:30 AM
And to think I argued earlier this season that he was washed up! He had put up declining numbers over the previous couple of seasons, and when a 30-year old does that and then gets off to a terrible start (.255 in April!) you have to wonder.

He'll undoubtedly get the record, and he deserves it. He could well be the greatest singles hitter the game has ever seen.

He'd better not win MVP, though. His team stunk, and once you get past the singles, his other numbers are quite mediocre. His .869 OPS is about the same as Ross Gload's (.862).

How can someone with 256 hits have only a .414 on-base percentage? Answer: 690 at-bats and only 49 walks.

flo-B-flo
10-01-2004, 11:52 PM
I don't know about OBP and I don't care. The guy is a GREAT baseball player-offense and defense- and a pleasure to watch. I'm all for MORE guys from other countrys coming here and playing ball so I can watch.:D: Singo fits in this category.

Whitesox029
10-02-2004, 12:25 AM
There is a certain 3 digit number and a certain form of punctuation that pertain to Ichiro's "breaking" of Sisler's record.

That number is 154.
That punctuation is *.

The record stands.

FarWestChicago
10-02-2004, 12:33 AM
There is a certain 3 digit number and a certain form of punctuation that pertain to Ichiro's "breaking" of Sisler's record.

That number is 154.
That punctuation is *.

The record stands.Do you want us to change your username to Ford Frick? :D:

voodoochile
10-02-2004, 12:48 AM

That number is 154.
That punctuation is *.

The record stands.When they add that same punctuation mark to Mark "androstonine" (sp?) McGwire and Barry "Balco" Bond's HR records, you will have a point. Otherwise, this point is completely moot. Nothing matters but records. They sell tickets.

Go Ichiro, go...:bandance:

gobears1987
10-02-2004, 10:41 AM
A's fans boo him while Sox fans cheer his 5/5. Shows us who has more class.

flo-B-flo
10-02-2004, 11:43 AM

That number is 154.
That punctuation is *.

The record stands.Kiss my asterisk. Sislers time, Ichiros' time, apples and oranges. I didn't see Sisler play. I see Ichiro. They play 162 now. Who even really knows how many hits were recorded back then.:rolleyes: