PDA

View Full Version : D'Angelo Jimenez

Wealz
09-29-2004, 05:00 PM
Was released by Williams. No excuse for that.

santo=dorf
09-29-2004, 05:09 PM
Was released by Williams. No excuse for that.:whoflungpoo

Actually he was traded to the Reds after we got Roberto Alomar. He was lazy, had a bad attitude, was a horrible baserunner (he costed us a game in Minnesota:angry: ,) and I remember him trying to be flashy at second by bare handing balls that resulted in errors.

So essentially, you're correct.

:threadsucks

Meixner007
09-29-2004, 05:09 PM
Oh, there are PLENTY of reasons for that. I for one say good ridance...and I know many agree with me. He's an awful teammate, and lazy ball player. Plus he's doing more good on the reds right now then he would be doing on the sox.

Wealz
09-29-2004, 05:11 PM
Oh, there are PLENTY of reasons for that. I for one say good ridance...and I know many agree with me. He's an awful teammate, and lazy ball player. Plus he's doing more good on the reds right now then he would be doing on the sox.
His replacement was the even lazier Robby Alomar.

santo=dorf
09-29-2004, 05:13 PM
His replacement was the even lazier Robby Alomar.
But he was a better baserunner, and better defensively. We dessignated DJ for assignment, but traded him withing 15 days for Scott Dunn. We then traded Dunn with Glover for Schoeneweis. Are you going to :whiner: about that too?

Wealz
09-29-2004, 05:18 PM
But he was a better baserunner, and better defensively. We dessignated DJ for assignment, but traded him withing 15 days for Scott Dunn. We then traded Dunn with Glover for Schoeneweis. Are you going to :whiner: about that too?
Alomar isn't better defensively. Need a decent #2 hitter? Jimenez has a .364 OBP.

Huisj
09-29-2004, 05:20 PM
:whoflungpoo

Actually he was traded to the Reds after we got Roberto Alomar. He was lazy, had a bad attitude, was a horrible baserunner (he costed us a game in Minnesota:angry: ,) and I remember him trying to be flashy at second by bare handing balls that resulted in errors.

So essentially, you're correct.

:threadsucks
past tense of cost= cost

santo=dorf
09-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Alomar isn't better defensively. Need a decent #2 hitter? Jimenez has a .364 OBP.Tell me how well DJ played with the Sox, not with the Reds. Are you going to give credit to KW for trading for him from San Diego?

You are a fool if you think Alomar wasn't better than DJ defensively last year. Alomar made Jose better and Willie Harris gives credit to Alomar giving him tips on how to play second base.

Meixner007
09-29-2004, 05:23 PM
Alomar isn't better defensively. Need a decent #2 hitter? Jimenez has a .364 OBP.
Alomar was better defensively, plus he's a good mentor for willie. Jimenez was poo for lack of a better word. Addition by subtraction.

Wealz
09-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Tell how well DJ played with the Sox, not with the Reds. Are you going to give credit to KW for trading for him from San Diego?

You are a fool if you think Alomar wasn't better than DJ defensively last year. Alomar made Jose better and Willie Harris gives credit to Alomar giving him tips on how to play second base.
Would you trade Alomar for Jimenez today? Of course you would, you understand the game.

AddisonStSox
09-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Wait a minute...your were teammates with D'Angelo Jimenez?

Meixner007
09-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Wait a minute...your were teammates with D'Angelo Jimenez?
No but many players have questioned his desire. I forget who on the padres said he was the worst teammate he's ever had in the time he's played the game.

santo=dorf
09-29-2004, 05:44 PM
No but many players have questioned his desire. I forget who on the padres said he was the worst teammate he's ever had in the time he's played the game.
Ryan Klesko said he was the WORST teammate he has ever played with.

http://www.dreamscape.com/tuttle/images/Comic_Book_Guy.gif

"WORST. TEAMMATE. EVER!!!"

Jjav829
09-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Jimenez still sucks. He's still a lazy bum who makes too many mental mistakes. I knew if he had a good series against the Cubs someone would bring him up. O well, I'll stomach another one of these threads if he can go 4-4 tomorrow and help the Reds take the series. Go D'Angelo! (for the rest of the year too since I'm counting on him as my 2B in the WSI Keeper League).:smile:

santo=dorf
09-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Hey Wealz, I'll save you a thread. How did Joe Valentine look today?

and to Meixner007: :happybday :bandance:

Effigy
09-29-2004, 06:41 PM
He's been a fine team player in Cincinnati. No complaints. He's english has gotten better, and by god .. I'll take a .365 OBP (note to Sox fans, that doesn't suck) in a heartbeat. His defense has been real good (2nd best FP in the NL for a 2B, and 2nd best ZR in the NL for a 2B). He's been a real nice surprise for the Reds this year. He's hit everywhere in the lineup, from 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. Y'know, you guys probally have a bad taste in your mouth from the young, immature DJ (We Reds fans call him DLO), but continusih bashing is pretty undeserved. This coming from a guy who has either watched or listened to just about every single Reds game this season, and last for that matter.

But, do as you may.

Wealz
09-29-2004, 06:43 PM
I have no problem with the idea of replacing Jimenez, but giving him away and replacing him with inferior players is inexcusable.

Yep, this is KW bashing. In this election year let me ask this, are we better off today than we were 4 years ago?

Randar68
09-29-2004, 06:46 PM
He was traded by Williams. Then again, you've got your head burried so deep in the sand it doesn't matter at this point.

nodiggity59
09-29-2004, 06:47 PM
Jimenez will never be part of a World Series team, I assure you.

Wealz
09-29-2004, 06:48 PM
He was traded by Williams. Then again, you've got your head burried so deep in the sand it doesn't matter at this point.
He was designated for assignment and had to be traded or released within 10 days.

Jjav829
09-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Yep, this is KW bashing. In this election year let me ask this, are we better off today than we were 4 years ago?In terms of what? Four years ago we had a flukey season and made the playoffs only to be exposed. This year we had a team that looked good on paper, but we suffered two big injuries and didn't make the playoffs. So what are you using to judge if we are better now? Would you rather have a rotation of Sirotka, Baldwin, Parque, Eldred, and Wells/Garland? Not like that would be possible anyway since Sirotka has never recovered, and Baldwin and Parque can't make a major league roster. Would you rather still have Herbert Perry playing 3rd and Mark Johnson/Brook Fordyce catching? Do you long to have Chris Singleton back roaming centerfield for the Sox? Are you missing Bill Simas and Sean Lowe in our bullpen? How are you determing if we are in a better position now than 4 years ago?

nodiggity59
09-29-2004, 06:54 PM
In terms of what? Four years ago we had a flukey season and made the playoffs only to be exposed. This year we had a team that looked good on paper, but we suffered two big injuries and didn't make the playoffs. So what are you using to judge if we are better now? Would you rather have a rotation of Sirotka, Baldwin, Parque, Eldred, and Wells/Garland? Not like that would be possible anyway since Sirotka has never recovered, and Baldwin and Parque can't make a major league roster. Would you rather still have Herbert Perry playing 3rd and Mark Johnson/Brook Fordyce catching? Do you long to have Chris Singleton back roaming centerfield for the Sox? Are you missing Bill Simas and Sean Lowe in our bullpen? How are you determing if we are in better position now than 4 years ago?
Precisely. We just played out of our minds in 2000. It was a fluke. Well, at least it sure as heck wasn't the manager. Either way, our team wasn't 95 win good back then and it isn't now.

Thannx for the breath of clarity Jjav.

Randar68
09-29-2004, 07:12 PM
He's been a fine team player in Cincinnati. No complaints. He's english has gotten better, and by god .. I'll take a .365 OBP (note to Sox fans, that doesn't suck) in a heartbeat. His defense has been real good (2nd best FP in the NL for a 2B, and 2nd best ZR in the NL for a 2B). He's been a real nice surprise for the Reds this year. He's hit everywhere in the lineup, from 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. Y'know, you guys probally have a bad taste in your mouth from the young, immature DJ (We Reds fans call him DLO), but continusih bashing is pretty undeserved. This coming from a guy who has either watched or listened to just about every single Reds game this season, and last for that matter.

But, do as you may.
IMO, what he has done in Cinci matter not one iota. He was a cancer in Chicago and NY and San Diego. If almost being out of baseball scared some decency and a little bit of "caring" into him, then it was about damn time.

He wasn't a player or teammate worth having in Chicago, and what he's turned into in Cinci doesn't mean a damned thing.

Randar68
09-29-2004, 07:14 PM
He was designated for assignment and had to be traded or released within 10 days.AND HE WAS TRADED. That type of move happens all the time. But hey, continue on your "Swift Boat Captains For a New White Sox GM" campaign if you wish...

:sahaf
"Facts are irrelevant in this discussion. Only what I tell you is true."

Get a life.

Wealz
09-29-2004, 07:36 PM
IMO, what he has done in Cinci matter not one iota. He was a cancer in Chicago and NY and San Diego. If almost being out of baseball scared some decency and a little bit of "caring" into him, then it was about damn time.

He wasn't a player or teammate worth having in Chicago, and what he's turned into in Cinci doesn't mean a damned thing.
If true, it's still not an improvement to replace one cancer (Jimenez) with another cancer (Alomar) who isn't as good. Willie Harris is a terrific teammate he just isn't as good a player as Jimenez.

Wealz
09-29-2004, 07:43 PM
AND HE WAS TRADED. That type of move happens all the time. But hey, continue on your "Swift Boat Captains For a New White Sox GM" campaign if you wish...

:sahaf
"Facts are irrelevant in this discussion. Only what I tell you is true."

Get a life.
Isn't Kannapolis playing?

Happens all the time does it? How many times has a team designated for assignment a 25 year-old starting position player? Whatever trade value Jimenez had Williams negated because he had to play tough guy. Reminiscent of the Rauch incident this year.

Daver
09-29-2004, 07:46 PM

Happens all the time does it? How many times has a team designated for assignment a 25 year-old starting position player? Whatever trade value Jimenez had Williams negated because he had to play tough guy. Reminiscent of the Rauch incident this year.
Jiminez had no trade value, why do you think KW got him for nothing?

But please, feel free to continue to ignore the facts, they will just get in the way of your non-sensical argument.

Wealz
09-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Jiminez had no trade value, why do you think KW got him for nothing?
If true, why trade him then?

nodiggity59
09-29-2004, 07:51 PM

Wow. Pathetic. Jimenez is a mediocre player for a sub 500 team and has never had any trade value, before or after he came to us.

Wealz
09-29-2004, 07:55 PM
Wow. Pathetic. Jimenez is a mediocre player for a sub 500 team and has never had any trade value, before or after he came to us.
I'm not going to argue with your assessment of Jimenez, but that still makes him better than Willie Harris.

nodiggity59
09-29-2004, 08:00 PM
I'm not going to argue with your assessment of Jimenez, but that still makes him better than Willie Harris.
He may be better than Willie w/ the reds but he never would have been better with us. This is similar to Jeff Weaver, Juan Cruz, and Carlos Guillen. When a player has become so alienated from the team and fan base that he can no longer do well he must be moved.

In Jimenez's case, he brought this status on himself with mental mistakes, falied attempts at flashy play, and a bad attitude. His leaving was benficial to BOTH sides.

RedPinStripes
09-29-2004, 08:22 PM
I cant believe someone had the balls to start this thread.

Meixner007
09-29-2004, 08:25 PM
Hey Wealz, I'll save you a thread. How did Joe Valentine look today?

and to Meixner007: :happybday :bandance:
Thanks dorf. I'll be leaving this thread now. I'm going to go out and celebrate $1 beers and the fact the DJ is not on this team.

RedPinStripes
09-29-2004, 08:26 PM
Thanks dorf. I'll be leaving this thread now. I'm going to go out and celebrate $1 beers and the fact the DJ is not on this team.
LOL! Happy b-day!:happybday :gulp:

balke
09-29-2004, 08:58 PM
HOly christ!!! 2 threads about this? AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! This just made my whole WSI experience worthwhile. AHAHAHAHA. I can't stop..... laughing!!!!

See KW bashing for more details. Newsflash, JIMENEZ STILL SUCKS!!!

doublem23
09-29-2004, 09:11 PM
Pining for D'Angelo Jimenez?

:rolleyes:

bafiarocks03
09-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Hey! I love D'Angelo Jimenez! ok well i think everyone in here already knows that! but hey! Today he had a single and a triple and then scored on the triple! and beat the reds today! he was also on base when the guy hit a homer! i think.,..i missed that part! lol But yea D'Angelo is awesome! i know you people totally disagree with me! but i really do not care! I have D'Angelo's jersey!! I love it! I wanted to go to RedsFest this year and meet him again! But there isn't going to be a RedsFest this year! :angry: oH well! GO REDS! GO D'LO!

RedPinStripes
09-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Hey! I love D'Angelo Jimenez! ok well i think everyone in here already knows that! but hey! Today he had a single and a triple and then scored on the triple! and beat the reds today! he was also on base when the guy hit a homer! i think.,..i missed that part! lol But yea D'Angelo is awesome! i know you people totally disagree with me! but i really do not care! I have D'Angelo's jersey!! I love it! I wanted to go to RedsFest this year and meet him again! But there isn't going to be a RedsFest this year! :angry: oH well! GO REDS! GO D'LO!
I dont belive this.

bafiarocks03
09-29-2004, 10:06 PM
I dont belive this.
what....??

nodiggity59
09-29-2004, 10:19 PM
what....??
God love you. The rest of us are much much much too cynical.

:hawk

"Bafiarocks03......Yes!!!"

Realist
09-29-2004, 10:39 PM
Jimenez is a certified Cub killer. I was glad to see him do it with us. I was happy to see him go, and I'm happy to see he's continuing his Cub killing ways now that he's with the Reds.

Go DJ!! (and while you're at it... stay gone)

OEO Magglio
09-29-2004, 10:39 PM
You CAN NOT win anything with d'angelo jimenez on your team, the guy might be the biggest idiot in all of baseball, who cares if he walks a lot, you simply can't win with players like that moron.

OEO Magglio
09-29-2004, 10:41 PM
I dont belive this.
I don't believe this whole thread, I can't believe this whole argument is being brought up again. :rolleyes:

ChiWhiteSox1337
09-29-2004, 11:04 PM
I cant believe someone had the balls to start this thread.
This is why I try to avoid the baseball threads once the white sox are finished. The end of the season always brings out the "kw is an idiot for trading ________" types. Sure, his .365 OBP on the Reds would definitely look nice on the White Sox right now that's lacking it's big OBP guy, which is the big hurt. In 2003 when Jimenez was on the white sox he symbolized everything that was wrong with this team the past few years: horrible defense and base running. Despite the Reds having a good start out of gate this season, they didn't stand much of a chance in the NL central so there's not as much pressure to perform, unlike the White sox who were the main contenders with the twins in 2003. I remember when Jimenez was called up in September 2002, AKA NO PRESSURE GARBAGE TIME. He was solid and got me excited about the 2003 season. Once 2003 rolled along, he choked in critical situations such as the base path blunder at the twinkie dome. It's just like the Foulke deal, the team had to get rid of the players AT THE TIME even though they went on their new teams and performed better. Foulke blew a lot of games in the beginning of the 2002 season like Jimenez did in 2003. Foulke eventually made up for the horrible start by having a very solid 2nd half of the season(when it didn't matter) but it was too late for the white sox management.

JB98
09-29-2004, 11:34 PM
Whenever I think of Jiminez, I remember that game in Oakland where he dropped a routine pop in the first inning and allowed three runs to score. Buerhle had loaded the bases with two outs, and there was a 3-2 count on the batter. The runners were going, but Buerhle made a good pitch to jam the hitter and get out of the inning. Instead, Jiminez missed a ball my grandma could have caught.

Then there was the time, Jiminez tried to barehand a routine DP ball against the Cubs. He dropped it. We go no outs on that play, and the Cubs loaded the bases. Thankfully, Flash struck out Alou and Sam-ME, and the Sox won the game.

D'Angelo is not a bad hitter. In fact, he's pretty good from the left-side of the plate. However, he made awful, demoralizing errors as a member of the Sox. I threw a party when KW got rid of him. I'm not going to change my tune now just because Jiminez has had a couple big hits this week against the Cubs. No question, second base is still a hole for the Sox, but Jiminez was NOT the answer.