PDA

View Full Version : Sam-ME Sam-Me

historian
09-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Is batting 6th today. Bet that big salimi sized ego is fun in the clubhouse today.:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Tekijawa
09-29-2004, 03:16 PM
Should have batted him 7th... he flied out with the bases Juiced... Tie Game 1-1

Clembasbal
09-29-2004, 03:16 PM
Based loaded in the 3rd inning with two outs, Sammy 3-2 count...fouls one off then hits one to right center. He thows in his hop and the crowd goes crazy. Austin Kearns leaps and catches it right underneath the basket (with his eyes closed).

End of inning.

What a bum, the hop was not necessary...he got OUT!

C-Dawg
09-29-2004, 09:45 PM
He thows in his hop and the crowd goes crazy. Austin Kearns leaps and catches it right underneath the basket ...he got OUT!

I just love when he does the hop on a fly-out!

maurice
09-30-2004, 12:09 PM
No wonder Sosa's playing so crappy. The Trib (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-0409300317sep30,1,6821166.story?coll=chi-news-hed) reported that they just canned his boyfriend:

The Cubs have fired Julian Martinez, the personal assistant and friend to Sammy Sosa, after an altercation with a Wrigley Field security guard. Martinez, whose most recent job with the team was charting pitches and running the radar gun during games, apparently had an altercation with security personnel after a game about two weeks ago. Martinez's firing was another blow in a rough season for Sosa, who has been dropped to sixth in the batting order and has been booed by Wrigley Field fans. Neither Sosa nor general manager Jim Hendry would comment on the firing.

chuckn98229
09-30-2004, 01:28 PM
Showing such disrespect for the person who saved baseball is just unconscionable.