PDA

View Full Version : so ends,so ends,this blasted passage...

harwar
10-07-2001, 10:54 AM
I for one am glad this horrible season has finally come to an end.Its been a nightmare from beginning to end(at least the cubs blew it).At least we have the bears(probalby 6-10) and the hawks(don't even want to think about it) to look forward to.Well,maybe i'll just look forward to spring training 2002.I've heard in more than one place that the WHITE SOX are the team to beat in the AL central next year.All i can say to that is,I certainly hope so.

Daver
10-07-2001, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by harwar
I've heard in more than one place that the WHITE SOX are the team to beat in the AL central next year.All i can say to that is,I certainly hope so.

I seem to remember hearing that last fall.

GASHWOUND
10-07-2001, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by daver

I seem to remember hearing that last fall.

The only way we'll win next year is if EVERYBODY comes back healthy and to their old form. We need Frank to be Good Frank next year. The guys that are coming back from surgery, Wunsh, Barcelo, Osuan, and "Simas." What if they have Bob Howry syndrome? They are gonna be coming off surgery. If everybody comes back to old form, WE WILL WIN OVER 90 games..If not, uhhh, well..That vain in PHG forehead might just explode and JM butt will be canned. Next year is the make it or break it year for JM. If he doesn't win, he's OUT!

5 months till we play ST games, lets see how they all come back

Daver
10-07-2001, 11:25 AM
I don't think Simas will be back.

beausox
10-07-2001, 08:37 PM
I just hope we come to camp with only ONE SHORTSTOP.

:hitless

"I could always move to second, and Ray could play third!"

charlie browned
10-07-2001, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by harwar
I've heard in more than one place that the WHITE SOX are the team to beat in the AL central next year.All i can say to that is,I certainly hope so.

2 to 1 Rob Gallas was behind it. I'm so sick of hype...hype is ultimately fan-killing, but the Gallases of this world don't realize that.

The whole "It's Time" ad campaign at the beginning of this season...billboards all over Chicagoland, cheesy radio and TV ads...has to go down as one of the most disastrous, ill-conceived, most wasteful (apart from completely embarassing) local ad campaigns in recent memory

Procol Harum
10-08-2001, 12:01 PM
As the Calvinist said after he tripped over a tree root, "Thank God that's over!" This season was not only disappointing in relation to last year and our frustrated hopes, but in terms of the fulfillment of any of our puny hopes for this year--we lost almost every series to winning AL teams whether playing for a chance to get back in the race or simply for pride's sake; we couldn't put away the blankety-blank Twins for 2nd place; and, we ultimately failed to catch the eminently-catchable Cubs as they choked yet again (guess ya have to give those bums some credit for managing to show up and play the last two weeks of the year even when it was clear all was lost). Two positives for this year: 1.) We won the season's series against the Cubs; 2.)The rest of our October is clear for other pursuits.