PDA

View Full Version : Brewers sold for $180M+ approval expected

Fenway
09-27-2004, 07:25 PM
Milwaukee rejoices

I think we can assume the commish will approve this

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brew/sep04/262115.asp (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brew/sep04/262115.asp)

The Milwaukee Brewers have accepted an offer to purchase the team from Mark L. Attanasio, a Los Angeles investor, a baseball source said Monday.

The sale was for more than $180 million, the baseball source said. The sale price is in the neighborhood of what the Brewers were seeking, but higher than what sports analysts thought the team would fetch.

HomeFish
09-27-2004, 08:46 PM
Although its not the team I want to see liberated, its always good to see a terrible owner sell.

I congratulate the people of Milwaukee and hope that one day I can share their joy.

Milw
09-27-2004, 10:53 PM
How big a deal is this in Milwaukee, you ask?

The lead sports story on the local newscasts is comments from Packers players about their loss yesterday. :rolleyes:

Jjav829
09-27-2004, 11:10 PM
How big a deal is this in Milwaukee, you ask?

The lead sports story on the local newscasts is comments from Packers players about their loss yesterday. :rolleyes:
Do they break into whatever is being shown on TV (they do have TV up there right? :redneck ) to update the status of Favre's hamstring every 10 minutes? :smile:

StillMissOzzie
09-27-2004, 11:13 PM
Do they break into whatever is being shown on TV (they do have TV up there right? :redneck ) to update the status of Favre's hamstring every 10 minutes? :smile:
Maybe the local newspaper devotes some column space every day for Favre Watch...

SMO

DumpJerry
09-28-2004, 12:35 AM
:reinsy
Whew! That was a close call! Only 90 miles away.
If the people at White Sox Interactive all contributed five bucks each, they could offer me $300,000,000 for the Sox........did everyone join WSI so they can bad mouth me? Why would they? I give them all the churros they want!
:sellreinsy

historian
09-28-2004, 12:51 AM
Can we get Uecker?

Foulke You
09-28-2004, 02:57 PM
Good for the Brewers. The new ownership has GOT to spend more on payroll than current ownership. $28 million is a disgrace. Even the D-Rays outspent them. What can I say? I'm jealous. Wish Jerry would sell. Of course, he'd probably sell the team to someone who wanted to move them to Nashville.

:sellreinsy

minastirith67
09-28-2004, 04:13 PM
I agree with PHG's comments on the Brewers in that they are in a minor-league town. It will be good to see Selig take a hike though.

illinibk
09-28-2004, 11:06 PM
There could be a nuclear holocaust, and all the TV stations would still interrupt coverage of that event to update the status of Brett Favre. In a situation like this, undoubtedly the first questions the local reports answer will be whether the nuclear war will get in the way of Favre's consecutive games streak.

Milw
09-29-2004, 08:52 AM
I agree with PHG's comments on the Brewers in that they are in a minor-league town. It will be good to see Selig take a hike though.Minor-league town? Milwaukee has a bigger population than Boston, buddy.