PDA

View Full Version : A newbie goes out on a limb

historian
09-27-2004, 11:49 AM
While we're discussing dumping assorted flotsim and jetsim from this train wreck....

In my humble opinion, Hawkaroo has got to go. This guy is an embarassment to Sox fans. "HE Gone"? Good lord. Oh for the days of Harry and Jimmy. You'd tune into that show no matter the standings.

Perhaps it's time for a telecasting youth movement.

AddisonStSox
09-27-2004, 11:52 AM
Hawk has to go?

:threadsucks

Welcome aboard.:wink:

historian
09-27-2004, 12:06 PM
Turn up Rooney

Tekijawa
09-27-2004, 12:08 PM
Bring back Piersol and Carray

historian
09-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Bring back Piersol and Carray
Even if that were possible JR would have none of it. We need to look foward. But if Cub fans are as unhappy with Chip as the players seem to be I wouldn't mind having him on the South Side.

<h ducks> :wink:

misty60481
09-27-2004, 12:28 PM
How about Bill Melton & Rooney together??

HITMEN OF 77
09-27-2004, 12:37 PM
While we're discussing dumping assorted flotsim and jetsim from this train wreck....

In my humble opinion, Hawkaroo has got to go. This guy is an embarassment to Sox fans. "HE Gone"? Good lord. Oh for the days of Harry and Jimmy. You'd tune into that show no matter the standings.

Perhaps it's time for a telecasting youth movement.
I don't see the Sox getting rid of someone who has been part of the organization for 20 some years. Getting rid of Hawk would be the dumbest idea in the world. Outside of the players and fans, he is the White Sox.

historian
09-27-2004, 12:38 PM
How about Bill Melton & Rooney together??
Like it!! :cool:

Tekijawa
09-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Even if that were possible JR would have none of it. We need to look foward. But if Cub fans are as unhappy with Chip as the players seem to be I wouldn't mind having him on the South Side.

<h ducks> :wink:How about Piersol Santo then? I can just hear the Whineing and complaining now..

Piersol: That Creede Kid really can't hit the ball what the hell is wrong with him?
Santo AAAAAAAAAAAWHHHW WHWHH HW NOOOOOOOOOOOO Another Strike out.
Piersol: I don't know what Ozzie is thinking running htat kid out every day!
SANTO: BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWL NNNNNNNNNO WWWWWALLLLLLLLLLLLLLAALAL MMMF not Borchard up again... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA nooooooooooooooooo JJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH

historian
09-27-2004, 01:05 PM
How about Piersol Santo then? I can just hear the Whineing and complaining now..

Piersol: That Creede Kid really can't hit the ball what the hell is wrong with him?
Santo AAAAAAAAAAAWHHHW WHWHH HW NOOOOOOOOOOOO Another Strike out.
Piersol: I don't know what Ozzie is thinking running htat kid out every day!
SANTO: BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWL NNNNNNNNNO WWWWWALLLLLLLLLLLLLLAALAL MMMF not Borchard up again... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA nooooooooooooooooo JJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH
Santo: I had so many Old Styles I'll just crash here.

munchman33
09-27-2004, 01:10 PM
We had a poll on this subject a few weeks ago. If I remember right, fans supported Hawk to the tune of about ninety percent.

Tekijawa
09-27-2004, 01:26 PM
We had a poll on this subject a few weeks ago. If I remember right, fans supported Hawk to the tune of about ninety percent.
I have decided to support Santo and Piersol to the tune of about 100%!

SSN721
09-27-2004, 02:27 PM

<h ducks> :wink:

:chunks
I would. :o:

SoxFan76
09-27-2004, 06:52 PM
I don't know if I could watch Sox games if Chip Caray's annoying voice was announcing.

bigfoot
09-27-2004, 07:44 PM
I wouldn't listen to Chip Caray at one-man Marcel Marceau festival!

Gosox1917
09-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Keep Hawk around. I've gotten used to the way he calls a game and I like it. I don't wanna have to listen to another rookie try and tell me what's goin on alongside of Darrin Jackson. ACK! And just the thought of Bill Melton's monotonous voice makes...yaaawn...zzzzzzzzzz...o sorry. Anyway, keep Hawk and DJ because they are good at what they do and I like them.

HITMEN OF 77
09-28-2004, 02:07 AM
The Peattle M's broadcasters are a mess, thank goodness you don't have to hear them. They have 4 guys. 2 do radio, 2 do TV. In the middle of the 4th or 5th inning, they switch, the 2 doing radio now do TV and visa versa. So you get to hear all 4 guys you can't stand not matter how you listen or watch the game. Earlier this year they tried to do a HC by broadcasting the game from the seats. Needless to say, it didn't work at all.