PDA

View Full Version : answer for the sox's problems

cubhater77
09-27-2004, 12:19 AM
two words: mark cuban.

historian
09-27-2004, 12:33 AM
An activist, deep pocket principal would liven things up.

santo=dorf
09-27-2004, 12:34 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/cuban.JPG

hope WU doesn't mind! :D:

Lip Man 1
09-27-2004, 12:19 PM
Cuban was interviewed on The Sporting News radio network last year. When asked if he'd ever buy a baseball team he said if he did it would be the Pirates, the team he grew up rooting for in Indiana.

Lip

hellenicsoxfan
09-27-2004, 07:57 PM
Maybe they could make a deal during the NBA owners meeting.

After all the years of the Reinsdorf regime, I wouldn't mind seeing Mark Cuban buy the Sox. He'd certainly liven things up and I think he would definitely make the Cub loving Chicago and national media take note of the White Sox.

Mohoney
09-27-2004, 11:24 PM
I don't think the other owners would ever agree to let Cuban buy a baseball team.

FightingBillini
09-28-2004, 01:39 AM
Wow, this whole thread should be in deeppink. Cuban would be the second coming of Bill Veeck. He would be very creative, outspoken, outlandish, and he would certainly garner attention to the team Jerry made dissapear. Although you cant really tell becuase the NBA has a salary cap, Im sure he would spend A LOT of money on payroll.

Unfortunately, Reinsdorf has no indication he wasnt to sell. After all, he isnt in it for the money, he does it for the love of baseball. With all the different committees he is in, such as the relocation committee, he has no indication of selling any time soon.

Sadly, i believe Jerry will own the team until he dies.

DumpJerry
09-28-2004, 01:41 AM
two words: mark cuban.Two bigger words:
Michael Jordan.
He hates JR and can write a check for the team that won't dent his bottom line (like Cuban can't....) He could sign top level FA's for bottom dollar because they just want to be able to play for Michael Jordan. The media will say "Cubs? Who are the Cubs?"

However, you don't want to make the third out at third or go down looking with the go-ahead run on third with Michael the Boss glaring at you from the dugout.:o:

This could be Michael's ultimate revenge!:D:

FightingBillini
09-28-2004, 01:54 AM
Two bigger words:
Michael Jordan.
He could sign top level FA's for bottom dollar because they just want to be able to play for Michael Jordan.
Thats what they said when he became an owner of the Wizards. It didnt happen. He is a selfish, pompous ass. He knows basketball, and he was a horrible owner. How could he be trusted to run a baseball team?

OurBitchinMinny
09-28-2004, 02:07 AM
Thats what they said when he became an owner of the Wizards. It didnt happen. He is a selfish, pompous ass. He knows basketball, and he was a horrible owner. How could he be trusted to run a baseball team?
youre an idiot. Jordan is the only decent thing that has ever happened to chicago aside from walter payton. If not for the bulls run and the bears and '85 this would be an even sadder sports town. And jordan owned a small percentage of the wizards. Abe Polin called the shots

historian
09-28-2004, 01:05 PM
I don't think the other owners would ever agree to let Cuban buy a baseball team.
Sad, but most likely true.

HURT35
09-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Cuban can work the same magic here that has garnered all of those NBA titles...what he has no championships. Well maybe he can jump out of the stands and argue with umpires or make hotdogs to show he's one of us. Yeah that'll fill the park and get the Sox some respect, a big mouth self promoter that loves to see him self on TV.

Instead why dont we focus on putting baseball people in charge that know how to do things like have five credible starters and more than two reliable arms in the pen or maybe develop an impact player or two from the farm. All of these things could have been done with the money the Sox spend. Its not a $ issue its a personnel issue.

ewokpelts
09-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Cuban can work the same magic here that has garnered all of those NBA titles...what he has no championships. Well maybe he can jump out of the stands and argue with umpires or make hotdogs to show he's one of us. Yeah that'll fill the park and get the Sox some respect, a big mouth self promoter that loves to see him self on TV.

Instead why dont we focus on putting baseball people in charge that know how to do things like have five credible starters and more than two reliable arms in the pen or maybe develop an impact player or two from the farm. All of these things could have been done with the money the Sox spend. Its not a $ issue its a personnel issue.Agreed.....I dont think a Trump or Cuban will help this team. We need ownership that hactually hasa goal of a championship. Hell, I'd accept a five year plan if it meant that ownership was serious about deveolping talent that could win it all.
Gene

Iwritecode
09-28-2004, 02:35 PM
Agreed.....I dont think a Trump or Cuban will help this team. We need ownership that hactually hasa goal of a championship. Hell, I'd accept a five year plan if it meant that ownership was serious about deveolping talent that could win it all.
Gene

Nobody said that those guys would have to be the brains behind it all. They would just have to surround themselves with a good management team and give them enough payroll flexibility to actually get the talent this team needs.

Tekijawa
09-28-2004, 02:51 PM
Sell the team to Alex and Ursela Saneleus!!! Although I doubt that they have the capital it's pretty obvious that they love the team... If I win the Big game tonight... be looking for a call Alex I'll go in Halfsies with you :D:

fuzzy_patters
09-28-2004, 03:01 PM
Let's be realistic. Mark Cuban is not going to buy the White Sox. However, since Arizona forced him out, life-long White Sox fan Jerry Colangelo might. He is a much more realistic choice. Sell Jerry sell!

DumpJerry
09-28-2004, 05:23 PM
Let's be realistic. Mark Cuban is not going to buy the White Sox. However, since Arizona forced him out, life-long White Sox fan Jerry Colangelo might. He is a much more realistic choice. Sell Jerry sell!Back in March or so, a friend told me there was a rumor that Colangelo and JR were talking about switching franchises. Obviously, that is not happening now. Last year same friend said he heard that Bill Murray and some other Hollywood people were looking at buying a team with Mike Veeck. Even though Murray is a Flubs' fan, he realized that he cannot buy them and was looking at the Sox as an alternative......

shagar69
09-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Back in March or so, a friend told me there was a rumor that Colangelo and JR were talking about switching franchises. Obviously, that is not happening now. Last year same friend said he heard that Bill Murray and some other Hollywood people were looking at buying a team with Mike Veeck. Even though Murray is a Flubs' fan, he realized that he cannot buy them and was looking at the Sox as an alternative...... what the hell kind of sig is that? get that bull**** out of here! youre the reason why cubs fans tell me that some sox fans care more about the cubs losing than the sox winning!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

DumpJerry
09-28-2004, 05:33 PM
what the hell kind of sig is that? get that bull**** out of here! youre the reason why cubs fans tell me that some sox fans care more about the cubs losing than the sox winning!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:Get over yourself.:D:

Mohoney
09-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Instead why dont we focus on putting baseball people in charge that know how to do things like have five credible starters and more than two reliable arms in the pen or maybe develop an impact player or two from the farm.
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas.

I agree with everything you say, and you're definitely preaching to the choir. But will anything be done? I doubt it.

My gut tells me that this perpetual cycle of mediocre poop will continue at least one more year.

Mohoney
09-28-2004, 10:20 PM
Back in March or so, a friend told me there was a rumor that Colangelo and JR were talking about switching franchises. Obviously, that is not happening now. Last year same friend said he heard that Bill Murray and some other Hollywood people were looking at buying a team with Mike Veeck. Even though Murray is a Flubs' fan, he realized that he cannot buy them and was looking at the Sox as an alternative......
We're not that lucky. Reinsdorf will hold on to this team like grim death. Unless somebody offers him about $250 million.

Oprah? Are you there?