PDA

View Full Version : Idea to help our pitchers a little bit

nut_stock
09-26-2004, 10:33 PM
with homeruns flying out of the cell with such frequency, maybe the sox could raise the height of the fence infront of the bullpens and sports bar. (about 4 or 5 feet) I was messing around with this idea in MS Paint and it could be done without having a negative impact on the look of the park.

cbrownson13
09-26-2004, 11:36 PM
Anyway we could see how that looks?

DrCrawdad
09-27-2004, 10:24 AM
with homeruns flying out of the cell with such frequency, maybe the sox could raise the height of the fence infront of the bullpens and sports bar. (about 4 or 5 feet) I was messing around with this idea in MS Paint and it could be done without having a negative impact on the look of the park.

I think Garland would need the Sox to install a "Green Monster" size wall from foul pole to foul pole.

Clembasbal
09-27-2004, 10:27 AM
I know know how that would not damage the park, because people sit in the fron row, move the fence up and you lose about the first 10 rows of seats...about 4,000 seats...something the Sox are not willing to do, especially if this thing in the LF seats for kids is going to take some out as well.

Ol' No. 2
09-27-2004, 10:39 AM
I know know how that would not damage the park, because people sit in the fron row, move the fence up and you lose about the first 10 rows of seats...about 4,000 seats...something the Sox are not willing to do, especially if this thing in the LF seats for kids is going to take some out as well.Then they can just hand out X-ray vision glasses to the people in those seats! It's about as likely as raising the wall height. Chicks dig the long ball, and so do owners, if you haven't noticed.

DrCrawdad
09-27-2004, 10:53 AM
Then they can just hand out X-ray vision glasses to the people in those seats! It's about as likely as raising the wall height. Chicks dig the long ball, and so do owners, if you haven't noticed.

The way the ball is flying out of The Cell the White Sox should install gloves (tethered with a security chain to the seats, of course) on the first ten rows of outfield seats.

nut_stock
09-27-2004, 08:15 PM
I know know how that would not damage the park, because people sit in the fron row, move the fence up and you lose about the first 10 rows of seats...about 4,000 seats...something the Sox are not willing to do, especially if this thing in the LF seats for kids is going to take some out as well.
the fence would be an extension upwards of the chain link fence already used.

daveeym
09-29-2004, 04:43 PM
I think if the fans can keep the ball from hitting the ground and get it back on the field of play within 5 seconds the ball should still be in play. Kinda like electricity in tag.