PDA

View Full Version : Jose Guillen suspended for the rest of the season!

santo=dorf
09-26-2004, 09:36 PM
The Angels have suspended OF Jose Guillen without pay for the rest of the season and the postseason if they make it. He threw a fit when Mike Socisioa (however the hell you spell it) pulled him for a pinch runner in the 8th. Jose went back to the dugout and slammed his helmet in front of Mike. He is still signed for another year for 3.5 million and has an option for 4 million in 2006. Anyone interested in him?

:ozzie

"One Guillen is enough!"

:ohno

"One Guillen is too many."

nitetrain8601
09-26-2004, 09:45 PM
I actually like his flair. It's not like the man is slow. I think he would fit for the Sox, especially if we don't resign Maggs and we barely miss out on Beltran.

Fenway
09-26-2004, 09:45 PM
he could room with Carl Everett?

The Angels have suspended OF Jose Guillen without pay for the rest of the season and the postseason if they make it. He threw a fit when Mike Socisioa (however the hell you spell it) pulled him for a pinch runner in the 8th. Jose went back to the dugout and slammed his helmet in front of Mike. He is still signed for another year for 3.5 million and has an option for 4 million in 2006. Anyone interested in him?

:ozzie

"One Guillen is enough!"

:ohno

"One Guillen is too many."

Daver
09-26-2004, 10:24 PM
He is suspended with pay, baseball contracts are gauranteed. The worst the Angels can do is hold his pay till the season is over, and then pay it as a lump sum.

Fenway
09-26-2004, 10:35 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-guillen27sep27,1,5158917.story?coll=la-home-sports (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-guillen27sep27,1,5158917.story?coll=la-home-sports)

Angels Suspend Guillen for Rest of Season

By Beth Harris
AP Sports Writer

September 27, 2004

Angels left fielder Jose Guillen was suspended for the rest of the season and possibly the playoffs Sunday for his outburst after being lifted for a pinch runner a day earlier.

Guillen was informed of the club's decision after batting practice, when the Angels closed their clubhouse for 75 minutes. Anaheim said he was being suspended without pay.

"He was obviously not happy with the decision," Anaheim general manager Bill Stoneman said. "Unfortunately, this was not the first time something has cropped up with Jose."

dpbyron
09-26-2004, 10:57 PM
Wait a MINUTE! Sam-ME gets caught red handed using a corked bat and gets only 7 games, yet Guillen throws his helmet in rage and gets at least 7 games plus postseason games without pay?! Something doesn't add up here.

Now, I do realize that it is the Angels who have suspended him and not MLB, but something is missing....

:?: :?: :?: :?:

DumpJerry
09-26-2004, 11:16 PM
He is suspended with pay, baseball contracts are gauranteed. The worst the Angels can do is hold his pay till the season is over, and then pay it as a lump sum.What about World Series bonus if they make it there?

DumpJerry
09-26-2004, 11:20 PM
Hey dpbyron, I love your sig, hope you don't mind my "borrowing" it......:smile:

dpbyron
09-26-2004, 11:53 PM
Nope all good... It is from my collection of pics from the Scrubs postseason last year... I have some good ones!

You inspired me to add some additional pics to my sig!

mealfred13
09-27-2004, 05:32 AM
Crazy stuff I heard on ESPN today: Apparently, Jose Guillen threw a fit during the eighth inning of Saturday's game of the Angels against Oakland, when he was replaced by a pinch runner after taking a HBP walk. I guess he wasn't too happy about being replaced during a 3-3 tie, hoping he'd get another at-bat.

He is currently the #2 run producer for the Angels, with only Guerrero having more RBIs, yet Mike Scioscia and management felt that his actions on field, in front of the media and fans were representative of a "me-first" attitude which is detrimental to the team. So, he's been suspended, without pay, through the end of the season, INCLUDING any possible post-season games. Talk about some balls in that team's coaching and management staff to knock out their #2 run producer for not acting like a teamate.

The Sox should take some notes from this and see what it's like to play as a team. Amazing...

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_perspectives.jsp?ymd=20040927&content_id=872479&vkey=perspectives&fext=.jsp

DumpJerry
09-27-2004, 08:15 AM
Nope all good... It is from my collection of pics from the Scrubs postseason last year... I have some good ones!

You inspired me to add some additional pics to my sig!Ok, this picture looks deceiving. It gives the impression that the Flub fans are actually watching the game. I'm sure the looks of agony on their faces is really due to the fact that it is either past Last Call or the disco music track broke and now they can't dance to "The YMCA." :D:

marlins03
09-28-2004, 05:36 PM
Ok, this picture looks deceiving. It gives the impression that the Flub fans are actually watching the game. I'm sure the looks of agony on their faces is really due to the fact that it is either past Last Call or the disco music track broke and now they can't dance to "The YMCA." :D: lmao i love that sig