PDA

View Full Version : Cub fans don't cry ( NY Daily News)

Fenway
09-26-2004, 12:04 PM
As A Boston fan I say pffffffffffttttttttttttt

They haven't celebrated a World Series title since 1908, quietly suffering a decade longer than those self-pitying, teeth-gnashing, hand-wringing whiners from Boston.

The Cub fans at Shea yesterday weren't sobbing in their beer and they were only too happy to admit this much: No matter how their team manages to fall apart this season, they simply will never be as miserable as Red Sox fans.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/col/story/235783p-202482c.html

balke
09-26-2004, 01:22 PM
For your sake, I'm sorry there is such a fan in baseball as Ben Affleck. That HBO documentary made me puke. Everytime I see him in a CU up ESPN in his fun little front row VIP seat, I feel dirty for ever watching GWH or Rounders and enjoying it.

I'm willing to root your team for a while, but both you and the cubs whine enough to the point of sickness.

Being in a room full of cubs or red sox fans is comparable to the feeling of being in a room where a new couple is making out in front of you and using pet names.

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-26-2004, 01:51 PM
Being in a room full of cubs or red sox fans
:mg:
:chunks

Fenway
09-26-2004, 06:14 PM
For your sake, I'm sorry there is such a fan in baseball as Ben Affleck. That HBO documentary made me puke. Everytime I see him in a CU up ESPN in his fun little front row VIP seat, I feel dirty for ever watching GWH or Rounders and enjoying it.

Just to be clear I despise Ben Affleck. and I KNOW him from my hometown of Cambridge

LuvSox
09-26-2004, 11:38 PM
I'm willing to root your team for a while, but both you and the cubs whine enough to the point of sickness.
No kidding!!!!

SomebodyToldMe
09-26-2004, 11:43 PM
Cubs fans don't cry...

...they just blow up baseballs on t.v.

balke
09-26-2004, 11:44 PM
Just to be clear I despise Ben Affleck. and I KNOW him from my hometown of Cambridge
Nice. No wonder you're a sox fan.. er.. White Sox fan.

historian
09-26-2004, 11:47 PM
Hey Fenway. Having to pick a team to pull for in the post season (as I often do) I'm picking The Red Sox this year.

<historian ducks>

SOXSINCE'70
09-27-2004, 11:02 AM
The Red Sawx fans moan about "Bucky bleepin' Dent",
"Bill bleepin' Buckner",or "Aaron bleepin' Boone".
sCrUBbie people pin the blame on Bartman.Never mind the ball that went through Alex Gonzalez's legs,Prior made pitches that were too hittable or SHAM-ME overthrowing the cutoff man.

Look in the mirror,guys.You aren't cursed.Players and managers make mistakes.Deal with it.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

historian
09-27-2004, 11:26 AM
I don't care if they think their team is cursed. As long as Cub fans are morose, the way I like em. Hopefully the wheels started comming off this weekend.

Foulke You
09-27-2004, 12:01 PM
Cubs fans don't cry! They simply riot outside Wrigley after their team blows a 3-1 series lead! Or another great Cub fan "non-whining" tradition...litter the field with trash after a perceived blown call! Let's take a look at a nice photo gallery shall we, NY Post:

historian
09-27-2004, 12:08 PM
Cubs fans don't cry! They simply riot outside Wrigley after their team blows a 3-1 series lead! Or another great Cub fan "non-whining" tradition...litter the field with trash after a perceived blown call! Let's take a look at a nice photo gallery shall we, NY Post:
Hey isn't that the 68 Democratic convention in the middle?:supernana: