PDA

View Full Version : Back the truck up

fogie
09-25-2004, 02:03 PM
Fire Kenny Williams. Keep Crede, Konerko, Roland, and Buehrle. As Leo always said, :angry: back the truck up, and make the best deal you can for the rest.

voodoochile
09-25-2004, 02:07 PM
Fire Kenny Williams. Keep Crede, Konerko, Roland, and Buehrle. As Leo always said, :angry: back the truck up, and make the best deal you can for the rest.
Who's Roland?

How you going to trade Thomas?

Why you going to trade Thomas?

You don't want Garcia either?

When you planning on having your next winning season, let alone making the playoffs?

What is the purpose of this move except to make JR wealthier and to further hand the town to the flubbies?

Inquiring Jim's want to know...:rolleyes:

OEO Magglio
09-25-2004, 02:20 PM
:threadsucks

fogie
09-25-2004, 02:37 PM
Sorry I misspelled Rowand, What has Thomas done for us the last 3 years, just gripe and complain about contract, playing time, where he wants to play, and he don't like for some one else to lead the team, only him. as for Garcia, Ozzie wants him more then I do, to inconsistent for me. This team is bad bad, and if they don't clean house now, we are looking at the same team we had for the last 3 years.

soxtalker
09-25-2004, 02:53 PM
Sorry I misspelled Rowand, What has Thomas done for us the last 3 years, just gripe and complain about contract, playing time, where he wants to play, and he don't like for some one else to lead the team, only him. as for Garcia, Ozzie wants him more then I do, to inconsistent for me. This team is bad bad, and if they don't clean house now, we are looking at the same team we had for the last 3 years.

This team has lots of problems, and there will be many threads in the next few months talking about possible changes. But Thomas is one player that probably doesn't need to be discussed. Even if the Sox did want him to leave (and KW has shown signs in the past of wanting this), his contract situation is such that it would be difficult. However, he played great this year. He went back to the old Frank of watching pitches and getting base hits, so his OBP was fantastic. Yes, he gets into trouble when he opens his mouth. But he's been learning not to do that. It would be nice if he had the outgoing personality of a Michael Jordan, but he doesn't. It's also nice to have a player that gets on base almost half the time he comes to bat.

balke
09-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Post of the week, for all the wrong reasons.

fogie
09-25-2004, 03:15 PM
I just can't understand? how anybody would want to go another year with the sameo sameo.

balke
09-25-2004, 03:18 PM
I just can't understand? how anybody would want to go another year with the sameo sameo.
How could anyone want to trade away a possible WS hall of famer? Nobody on this board wants the "sameo sameo". We want an upgrade.

WinningUgly!
09-25-2004, 03:45 PM
Post of the week, for all the wrong reasons.
More like Post of the Weak!

ja1022
09-25-2004, 04:00 PM
Me thinks if Magglio and Frank stay healthy, we don't have threads like this (and if my Aunt had nads she'd be my Uncle).

RKMeibalane
09-25-2004, 04:28 PM
You're an idiot. You have no credibility. What has Frank Thomas done? Let's see... over the past three years, he has been without question this team's most productive offensive player. If he hadn't injured his ankle in June, he would have as many home runs as Albert Pujols does at this point. Before his injury, Frank was one of the three most productive hitters in the American League, along with Manny Ramirez and Melvin Mora. Honestly, I'm getting tired of the garbage that the Frank-haters keep polluting this board with. Just give it up and get lost. We don't want you here.

munchman33
09-25-2004, 04:31 PM
You're an idiot. You have no credibility. What has Frank Thomas done? Let's see... over the past three years, he has been without question this team's most productive offensive player. If he hadn't injured his ankle in June, he would have as many home runs as Albert Pujols does at this point. Before his injury, Frank was one of the three most productive hitters in the American League, along with Manny Ramirez and Melvin Mora. Honestly, I'm getting tired of the garbage that the Frank-haters keep polluting this board with. Just give it up and get lost. We don't want you here.
Post of the year.

Iguana775
09-25-2004, 11:05 PM
I am assuming that this kid is exactly that....a KID. if he would have seen Frank in his prime, he would have realized how much he means to the Sox franchise as a whole and to a majority of the Sox fans out there. i get sick and tired of the Thomas bashing.

compy75
09-25-2004, 11:31 PM
I am assuming that this kid is exactly that....a KID. if he would have seen Frank in his prime, he would have realized how much he means to the Sox franchise as a whole and to a majority of the Sox fans out there. i get sick and tired of the Thomas bashing.
Forget prime, Frank was #3 in the AL THIS year in OPS when he went down and I believe 6th last season. Not a bad player NOW.

gosox41
09-26-2004, 08:32 AM
Who's Roland?

:rolleyes:
Wasn't he the running back coach for the Bears in the 80's and 90's. He probably can't hit the fastball, though.

Bob