PDA

View Full Version : Yet another team lays down for the Cubs......Thanks Mets!

WSox8404
09-24-2004, 09:14 PM
I hate this so much.............:angry:

Cellview22
09-24-2004, 09:21 PM
I know..this is driving me crazy. :angry:

It's almost inevitable now; they're gonna make the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row. How sick is that.

Why did I have to watch that last inning? Seeing those Cubs fans dressed in dorky blue sets me off. I bet the only reason some of them are "Cubs fans" is because they lived in Chicago for 2 years, so "I'm a diehard Cub fan cuz I used to live in Chicago". Is there anything more annoying on the face of this earth?!

MRKARNO
09-24-2004, 09:23 PM
If you just go about life with the assumption that the Cubs are going to win the wild card because of a crappy schedule but will be one and done in the playoffs because they're barely beating these crappy teams, then you are probably taking the best approach, as I am. If you are holding out for them to lose the WC, it's probably not happening and don't count on it. They just dont play a strong enough schedule to lose 2 out of three to any team.

bc2k
09-24-2004, 09:41 PM
I hate this so much.............:angry: Did I catch Dusty Baker on the postgame interview talking about how he orchestrated another 1-run victory?

I hate how this guy takes credit for the Cubs September record and their ability to win 1-run games in September. It has nothing to do with his managing skills but everything to do with the cushy September schedule.

:chunks

DumpJerry
09-24-2004, 10:30 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: My head is in the oven.....gas on......life is getting good.........

"Wait 'til next year" when the Flubs are too old to win............

.................sigh...............

samram
09-24-2004, 10:39 PM
If you just go about life with the assumption that the Cubs are going to win the wild card because of a crappy schedule but will be one and done in the playoffs because they're barely beating these crappy teams, then you are probably taking the best approach, as I am. If you are holding out for them to lose the WC, it's probably not happening and don't count on it. They just dont play a strong enough schedule to lose 2 out of three to any team.
I agree, unfortunately. At least down here, I don't have to hear about it everyday from their idiot fans. The problem is that they would get the Braves right now in the first round, and as surprising as they are, the Braves would have no favorable pitching matchup in the series. I don't see how Ortiz, Hampton, Byrd, or Wright is better than any of the five Cubs starters. I guess they have been getting the job done though, and I definitely like Gryoski, Cruz, Alfonseca, and Smoltz if it comes down to bullpens. I still think the Braves had more talent last year, and the Cubs had less, and we know how that turned out. Maybe the best thing to have happen would be to have them face the Giants so they would face Schmidt twice.

Viva Magglio
09-24-2004, 10:44 PM
If the Evil Empire makes the playoffs, God forbid, I don't see how they'll get out of the first round alive considering they have such a hard time beating really inferior competition in Pittsburgh and the N.Y. Mets.

Lip Man 1
09-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Remember though in the words of so many here, the playoffs are all 'luck.' If that's true the Cubs with their starting pitching, may 'luck' their way all the way to the series.

And Dump Jerry remember, next year the Cubs will just replace those 'old' players with new ones, their payroll the past two years has been around 95 million. Money makes up for a number of faults, something the Sox organization has yet to understand.

Lip

DumpJerry
09-24-2004, 10:53 PM
Ok, there is respite available. I was in Alaska last weekend. Not only are you warned to avoid cubs at all costs (:D: ), but Chicago Cub victories get ONE SENTENCE COVERAGE in the Anchorage Daily News!!!!!! Sox victories get three sentences.:D:

Alaska........the place Sox fans need to be!

MRKARNO
09-24-2004, 11:09 PM
I agree, unfortunately. At least down here, I don't have to hear about it everyday from their idiot fans. The problem is that they would get the Braves right now in the first round, and as surprising as they are, the Braves would have no favorable pitching matchup in the series. I don't see how Ortiz, Hampton, Byrd, or Wright is better than any of the five Cubs starters. I guess they have been getting the job done though, and I definitely like Gryoski, Cruz, Alfonseca, and Smoltz if it comes down to bullpens. I still think the Braves had more talent last year, and the Cubs had less, and we know how that turned out. Maybe the best thing to have happen would be to have them face the Giants so they would face Schmidt twice.
The Cubs are having trouble scoring runs on Kris Benson, Oliver Perez and David Weathers. I see no reason why they can necessarily beat the Braves pitchers with the better Braves offense. They're facing garbage right now and that's why they're winning. Once they face a good team for a change, they will probably falter.

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-24-2004, 11:14 PM
The Cubs are having trouble scoring runs on Kris Benson, Oliver Perez and David Weathers. I see no reason why they can necessarily beat the Braves pitchers with the better Braves offense. They're facing garbage right now and that's why they're winning. Once they face a good team for a change, they will probably falter.
Excataly. The cubs always get MUTILATED by teams like Boston and St.Louis. Can't wait to see them choke in the playoffs. i hope another steve bartman incident occurs. So cubs fans are you ready to admit your team lost fair and square? NOOOO..MUST...FIND..SOMETHING TO BLAME....

ChiSoxRowand
09-25-2004, 12:06 AM
My favorite thing about the Cubs announcers is they never forget to mention how many Cub fans are in the stands.

dcb33
09-25-2004, 12:10 AM
I know..this is driving me crazy. :angry:

It's almost inevitable now; they're gonna make the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row. How sick is that.

Why did I have to watch that last inning? Seeing those Cubs fans dressed in dorky blue sets me off. I bet the only reason some of them are "Cubs fans" is because they lived in Chicago for 2 years, so "I'm a diehard Cub fan cuz I used to live in Chicago". Is there anything more annoying on the face of this earth?!
Packers fans...

pinwheels3530
09-25-2004, 03:37 AM
Who cares if the cubs are winning!!!! They can win the World Series IT WILL NEVER STOP ME FROM BEING A SOX FAN !! If any cub fans give you a hard time just let them know you'll always love the sox, it will get them mad, confused or wondering why!!! It's all a mind game guys be mentally strong and we sox fans can get through this. You know how many cub fans ask me why I am a sox fan, alot. My response with a smile is because I AM then they start to ask why or cry:whiner: cause everyone is suppose to like the cubs..........it just show their own inferiority complex........Go SOX!!!!!!!!

Lip Man 1
09-25-2004, 11:44 AM
Pinwheels:
Because this is a business where only the strong survive. The Sox are basically just a blip on the Chicago radar screen in general right now thanks to 24 years of ineptitude by current ownership. The Cubs making the playoffs, to say the least if they actually win something only drives the nail into the Sox a little deeper.

The say the Sox are #2 in their own market, a market they dominated throughout the 50's and most of the 60's is an understatement. The reality is they may actually be the #3 baseball team in a two team market. (behind genuine Cub fans, and bandwagon jumping Cub fans)

Lip

Fenway
09-25-2004, 12:20 PM
Cubs would get Atlanta again and Turner Field will be like a home game

My gut tells me St Louis will fall to the west winner

All I know is IF Boston advances to the series, I do not want the Cubs...the hype would be off the radar

But if we do play the Cubs, don't worry we will beat them just like 1918

BTW for those of you who say Red Sox fans are like the Cubs? We don't blow up baseballs on national TV. That was the most moronic thing I have ever seen.

Dub25
09-25-2004, 02:01 PM
The Mets are at it again today. Bases loaded nobody out they fail to get a run in on a fly ball and score no runs. For a team that is cursed they sure do get a lot of breaks.

SomebodyToldMe
09-25-2004, 02:04 PM
The Mets are at it again today. Bases loaded nobody out they fail to get a run in on a fly ball and score no runs. For a team that is cursed they sure do get a lot of breaks.
Agreed.

This is one lucky, cursed team.

balboner
09-25-2004, 02:09 PM
I can't recall the last time a player against the Cubs got a clutch hit. Meanwhile, the Cubs are busy hitting pop up homers with the wind or broken bat singles. Let's just hope that the Braves dont play like they did vs the Cubs last year in the playoffs.

balboner
09-25-2004, 03:07 PM
I'd also like to thank the Mets for going winless vs the Twins and Cubs this year.

balke
09-25-2004, 03:10 PM
Whatever happened to Richard Hidalgo? My god. He used to be on SC more than Beltran for hitting dinger after Dinger. Now he's hitting .236? hahahaha Mets suck.

Looks like we'll be seeing a cubs/cards match-up. Oh well. That's good baseball.

SOXSINCE'70
09-25-2004, 03:12 PM
Pinwheels:
Because this is a business where only the strong survive. The Sox are basically just a blip on the Chicago radar screen in general right now thanks to 24 years of ineptitude by current ownership. The Cubs making the playoffs, to say the least if they actually win something only drives the nail into the Sox a little deeper.

The say the Sox are #2 in their own market, a market they dominated throughout the 50's and most of the 60's is an understatement. The reality is they may actually be the #3 baseball team in a two team market. (behind genuine Cub fans, and bandwagon jumping Cub fans)

LipSadly,you are correct.:(: :(: :(: :(:

P.S.-the lucky SOB's are winning 3-0 in the ninth.Is this what Hell on Earth feels like?? Maybe in a baseball fan's world.

SOXSINCE'70
09-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Looks like we'll be seeing a cubs/cards match-up. Oh well. That's good baseball.
GO CARDS!!!!!

Cellview22
09-25-2004, 03:23 PM
Yessss!!!

Way to go, Mets! Now if they lay down after that, I'll really be peeved! Go Mets!

Joosh
09-25-2004, 03:23 PM
Lawtroy Hawkins blows it again, 3 run homer to tie the game in the bottom of the 9th. GO METS!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Oops, someone broke FOX.

Unregistered
09-25-2004, 03:36 PM
Great effort by Sosa today... as he just hit into the inning-ending double play, he's 0-5 with 4 K's and 8 LOB... :cool:

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-25-2004, 03:50 PM
CUBS LOST TO THE METS!

Yehaw! Its about time.

Dub25
You can put it on the board yes! Come on Giants 2-2 in the third.

Unregistered
Craig Brazell with his first home run wins it for the Mets in the 11th! Go Giants!

MRKARNO
Cubs lose 4-3 on a walkoff shot by Brazell! (Who the hell is that??)

balke
09-25-2004, 03:51 PM
My thoughts exactly

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-25-2004, 03:53 PM
Damn it! Houston lost to the Brewers. OH well. GO CARDS + GIANTS :bandance:

robertks61
09-25-2004, 03:54 PM
News flash, a sub-par team wakes up & beats the Cub. I hope the Reds are watching.

Unregistered
09-25-2004, 03:55 PM
The position players for the Mets in the top half of this inning was like a Mets Minor-League roll call... I figured this game would just keep on going until the Cubs decided to score. Glad I was wrong. :D:

santo=dorf
09-25-2004, 03:56 PM
http://members.tripod.com/~NailThatCatfish/choke.jpg

:supernana: :bandance:

4-3 METS~!!!!

MRKARNO
09-25-2004, 03:57 PM
The position players for the Mets in the top half of this inning was like a Mets Minor-League roll call... I figured this game would just keep on going until the Cubs decided to score. Glad I was wrong. :D:
This game further proves that while the Cubs are probably going to win the WC, they're going nowhere in October.

Cellview22
09-25-2004, 03:58 PM
Hahaha!

I hope we see a lot more of those CHOKES in the next week. :D:

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-25-2004, 03:58 PM
This game further proves that while the Cubs are probably going to win the WC, they're going nowhere in October.
true dat true dat :gulp:

Viva Magglio
09-25-2004, 04:02 PM
:KW
"I swear to you Brazell is not one of the people I traded away..."

MRKARNO
09-25-2004, 04:10 PM
:KW
"I swear to you Brazell is not one of the people I traded away..." Just like we got the right Jon Barry in that trade, right?

dpbyron
09-25-2004, 07:17 PM
FROM THE AP RECAP "Tomorrow is big," Cubs starter Mark Prior said. "It's going to be a battle. The Mets aren't going to roll over for us."Even the Cubs realize that the Reds and Pirates have laid down for them! :angry:

chisoxmike
09-28-2004, 11:20 AM
Who cares if the cubs are winning!!!! They can win the World Series IT WILL NEVER STOP ME FROM BEING A SOX FAN !! If any cub fans give you a hard time just let them know you'll always love the sox, it will get them mad, confused or wondering why!!! It's all a mind game guys be mentally strong and we sox fans can get through this. You know how many cub fans ask me why I am a sox fan, alot. My response with a smile is because I AM then they start to ask why or cry:whiner: cause everyone is suppose to like the cubs..........it just show their own inferiority complex........Go SOX!!!!!!!!
Hehehe, so true. Last year during the playoffs people would ASSUME I was rooting for the Cubs, and I said no, i want them to lose, I'm a Sox fan and always will be. They just looked at me in utter confusion and just said "Oh" and walked away.