PDA

View Full Version : Fenway meets Hollywood

Fenway
09-24-2004, 02:58 PM
This entire homestand, the Red Sox have played with a full movie crew filming a new Farrelly Brothers flick, ``Fever Pitch.'' The ``ultimate'' Red Sox movie is about an obsessed and long-suffering Red Sox fan who goes bonkers once baseball season starts and the team begins to win.
Jimmy Fallon, a former ``Saturday Night Live'' star, plays the crazed fan. Drew Barrymore plays his galpal.

It was fun seeing Drew Barrymoore getting chased by security.

http://webcenters.compuserve.com/fotosrch/3/20040920BXF108.jpghttp://webcenters.compuserve.com/fotosrch/3/20040920BXF107.jpg

Baby Fisk
09-24-2004, 03:11 PM
I guess they had to do a script re-write to lose all those NOMAH jokes...

santo=dorf
09-24-2004, 03:26 PM
I could just imagine if Robert Downey Jr. did this scene at USCF....

:moron

"Yet another crazy, drugged up Sox fan ran across the field during last's night game."

zach23
09-24-2004, 03:30 PM
Wow, just what the world needs, more crap centering around the Red Cubs.

Gee, watching Drew Barrymore's bad acting and hearing that annoying lisp during another fawning lovefest of the Red Cubs... I think I will save my money for something else.

Fenway
09-24-2004, 04:13 PM
Wow, just what the world needs, more crap centering around the Red Cubs.

Gee, watching Drew Barrymore's bad acting and hearing that annoying lisp during another fawning lovefest of the Red Cubs... I think I will save my money for something else.
Do not compare us to the Cubs they are losers heck we beat them in 1918 :D:

To add insult to injury a Yankees fan said the following

http://www.weeklydig.com/dig/content/7425.aspx

I'm not suggesting you people should renounce your loyalty to the hometown club. I'm just saying you should act more like Cubs fans - class it up a bit, knock things back into perspective, bond with people who have really mastered the art of losing with dignity. All you need is a day game at Wrigley Field to set you right

Hangar18
09-24-2004, 05:49 PM

I'm not suggesting you people should renounce your loyalty to the hometown club. I'm just saying you should act more like Cubs fans - class it up a bit, knock things back into perspective, bond with people who have really mastered the art of losing with dignity. All you need is a day game at Wrigley Field to set you right
A Yankee fan wrote that? I credit Yankee fans with being 1st Class Jerks,
but not Dumb-Asses ............

bigfoot
09-24-2004, 06:10 PM
And there's no truth to the rumor that Courtney Love has a cameo in this cinematic masterpiece?

Foulke You
09-24-2004, 06:29 PM

That Yankee fan is a complete moron. This Yankee fan is suggesting that Red Sox fans turn in to east coast Cub fans? Ridiculous! I know many on this board accuse Red Sox fans of being that already but I completely disagree. I think most who comment like that have never been to a game at Fenway. I was very impressed with Red Sox fans when I went up there to see the White Sox and Red Sox play. They were friendly and it was nice to be at a visitor ballpark where you can chat baseball with a lot of passionate fans around you and most that I spoke with know what they are talking about (it is not unlike Comiskey Park in that respect). My only critique of Boston fans is that they are a little east coast centric.

Let me go ahead and translate what this Yankee fan just said to Red Sox Nation:

"Don't let losses bother you at all because after all, the game is less important than going to the stadium, getting blitzed, and having a great time. Get yourself a nice Red Sox floppy hat and crack open a few ice cold Buds. Spout a few platitudes about your old ballpark...y'know something like "Boy, nothing beats the green monster in summertime" Take your cell phone out of your pocket during the game and chat with some friends while ignoring a few innings. It isn't important to know a lot about your team and the players on it, just that everyone sees you there. Always make sure to have your back to the action on the field and remember, it is ok to leave in the 8th inning regardless of the score so you can get a nice seat at the local sports bar outside the park."

Johnny Mostil
09-24-2004, 06:39 PM

Hey, Fenway, I've a question for you. I hear some Bosox fans may be annoyed by the "1918" chant at Yankee Stadium. If, however, the Cubs were to play in Boston, would the fans chant "1908"?