PDA

View Full Version : Williams 'Angry' At Ordonez?

Lip Man 1
09-24-2004, 02:05 PM
Here's the link:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug24.html

I guess I don't understand this one. Williams made the comments... not Ordonez. Williams then changed his stance 24 hours later, not Ordonez. Williams could have just said nothing then Ordonez wouldn't have had to say anything to protect his free agent status.

I think this is another case where Kenny would have been better off just saying 'I don't know,' and ended it.

One of the difficulties this organization has, from management to the players is knowing when to keep quiet. (and they wonder why they have a bad reputation among the media, the fans and player agent's)

Lip

Randar68
09-24-2004, 02:07 PM
Here's the link:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug24.html

I guess I don't understand this one. Williams made the comments... not Ordonez. Williams then changed his stance 24 hours later, not Ordonez. Williams could have just said nothing then Ordonez wouldn't have had to say anything to protect his free agent status.

I think this is another case where Kenny would have been better off just saying 'I don't know,' and ended it.

One of the difficulties this organization has, from management to the players is knowing when to keep quiet. (and they wonder why they have a bad reputation among the media, the fans and player agent's)

Lip
Williams called Ordonez on Wednesday and got an update after saying he hadn't talked to him in a while.

With so much to complain about, why do you have to make **** up? Just to amuse yourself?

PaulDrake
09-26-2004, 03:27 PM
Williams called Ordonez on Wednesday and got an update after saying he hadn't talked to him in a while.

With so much to complain about, why do you have to make **** up? Just to amuse yourself? This has been the subject of lenthy threads on other message boards and has also been bandied about on various talk shows and other sports venues. In my own local rag today, which is far removed from the Chicago area there is this little blurb. "GM Kenny Williams keeps putting his foot in his mouth over Magglio Ordonez." I just think you should know that this is an approved and acceptable topic almost everywhere else. Lots of folks everywhere just making **** up. Go Sic em Randar.

balke
09-26-2004, 03:31 PM
This is basically already a thread, two threads down. "Maggs article in cubune". Check it out.

SEALgep
09-26-2004, 06:59 PM
This has been the subject of lenthy threads on other message boards and has also been bandied about on various talk shows and other sports venues. In my own local rag today, which is far removed from the Chicago area there is this little blurb. "GM Kenny Williams keeps putting his foot in his mouth over Magglio Ordonez." I just think you should know that this is an approved and acceptable topic almost everywhere else. Lots of folks everywhere just making **** up. Go Sic em Randar.The problem is, Ordonez flip flopped, not KW. That's why it is a dumb thread.