PDA

View Full Version : KW in the Cubune 9/23

Whitesox029
09-24-2004, 12:06 AM
Today in the Sox-notes section of the Cubune, KW talked about "playing to the strength of your ballpark." In other words, he said small-ball is all fine and dandy, but you have to take advantage of the Cell's relatively short fences by having a big bopper or two in the lineup. This also serves to compensate for the inevitably large number of HRs given up by our pitchers. It may be wishful thinking, but I interpreted this to mean that KW is leaning away from trading PK, our 40 HR man. Smart move, Kenny. Smart move.
:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

balboner
09-24-2004, 12:09 AM
I know this might be controversial, but if KW and Ozzie decide to trade guys like Konerko, Crede, and Borchard this offseason, but decide to keep Willie, Timo, Sandy, and Everett, I'm going to have to start questioning some of the ethics of our front office. I'm not saying I believe it's going on, but stranger things have happened.

OEO Magglio
09-24-2004, 12:13 AM
Yes trade konerko. I love pauly but his trade value is as high as it's ever going to be, Gload is a solid replacement at first, trade pauly for a leadoff hitter and a reliever.

Whitesox029
09-24-2004, 12:17 AM
Yes trade konerko. I love pauly but his trade value is as high as it's ever going to be, Gload is a solid replacement at first, trade pauly for a leadoff hitter and a reliever.Again though, PK is our power when Crede is traded and Maggs is signed elsewhere. CLee is a 30 HR guy at best I think and Frank is probably only good for 25-30 at this point in his career. I'm all in favor of keeping Timo, btw.

nodiggity59
09-24-2004, 01:15 AM
when Crede is traded
Oh I hope I hope I hope.

Whitesox029
09-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Oh I hope I hope I hope.haha wouldn't that be great if we could get something for him? If he continues his September hot streak his value will go up.

Baby Fisk
09-24-2004, 04:34 PM
Keep Konerko. :nod:

He's a HR hitter in a HR park.