PDA

View Full Version : Crede

JoseCanseco6969
09-23-2004, 11:33 PM
say what you will about the guy, but isnt that the 5th or so walk off game hes been a part of? I know his stats suck ass but hes got the clutch attitude or something, i just cant understand the guy. Maybe if he played the entire game as if it was the 9th he could be in for a turnaround. wishfull thinking but just crazy how he seems to love the walkoff.

SSN721
09-24-2004, 07:01 AM
I cant justify holding onto a guy because eh will hit 4 or 5 clutch game winning hits and not be able to drive in runs or get on base for the rest of the year. I am done with Crede, maybe he will improve a bit moving somewhere else, but I think he has been given enough time to show something here. So unless we will settle with what I think at best will be .250/20/70 then it is time to look somewhere else for a third baseman.

FoulkeFan
09-24-2004, 10:11 AM
If Crede was Mr. Clutch, he should have been playing better BEFORE the Sox were mathmatically eliminated.

Brian26
09-24-2004, 11:04 AM
If Crede was Mr. Clutch, he should have been playing better BEFORE the Sox were mathmatically eliminated.
Thank You. Agreed 100%.

That homer last night was great, but it was 100% garbage time. Anything that happens now with the veteran guys is no-pressure/garbage time stuff, and it doesn't mean crap. I'm interested in watching Wilson Valdez and some of the young pitchers for the next 10 days to see how they do.

Randar68
09-24-2004, 11:37 AM
Thank You. Agreed 100%.

That homer last night was great, but it was 100% garbage time. Anything that happens now with the veteran guys is no-pressure/garbage time stuff, and it doesn't mean crap. I'm interested in watching Wilson Valdez and some of the young pitchers for the next 10 days to see how they do.A guy in his 2nd full year is a "veteran"????

news to me.

Hangar18
09-24-2004, 11:47 AM
I cant justify holding onto a guy because eh will hit 4 or 5 clutch game winning hits and not be able to drive in runs or get on base for the rest of the year. I am done with Crede, maybe he will improve a bit moving somewhere else, but I think he has been given enough time to show something here. So unless we will settle with what I think at best will be .250/20/70 then it is time to look somewhere else for a third baseman.Joe Credes AB last nite.........was Nice. He Went the Other way with the Pitch, something HE HASNT BEEN DOING ALL YEAR LONG. He and Carlos Lee are Dangerous if they go the other way with Pitches. However, Crede is the ONE GUY that you go into the season with a question mark about. It was foolish of the SOX to go into the season with Question Marks all thru the lineup.

That said, Jim Hendry wouldve Traded Crede, and we'd have
Scott Rolen here already ..........

Foulke You
09-24-2004, 12:19 PM
That said, Jim Hendry wouldve Traded Crede, and we'd have
However, Hendry has about 30 million more dollars to play with than KW. Kenny simply HAS to go into the season with question marks. A 60 Million payroll says you won't be set at every position unfortunately. :(:

:reinsy
"Competitive is the Key Word!"

Baby Fisk
09-24-2004, 12:22 PM
Crede must go. Why do the Sox have to fall out of contention and take all the pressure off this guy's shoulders before he can start to hit?
Crede = Mental midget. :angry:

balke
09-24-2004, 12:33 PM
a couple of weeks ago, he addresses his bad swing, he gets a few hits lately... does anyone see this as positive? He was feasting on bad pitching, but I won't be taking my eye off of him til the end of the season. If he finishes strong, this could be big for the sox.

Dan H
09-24-2004, 01:15 PM
Any time Crede does something dramatic, he regresses to that terrible swing of his and disappears for a few weeks. I am not going to knock of for winning a game with a three-run homer, but he will have to do a lot more before I have faith in him.

Randar68
09-24-2004, 02:04 PM
a couple of weeks ago, he addresses his bad swing, he gets a few hits lately... does anyone see this as positive? He was feasting on bad pitching, but I won't be taking my eye off of him til the end of the season. If he finishes strong, this could be big for the sox.
He looks light-years better at the plate the last 2 weeks than for any time in May->August.

We'll have to see, should be a lot of offseason changes. However, I feel more confident in Crede than I do in our revolving 2B problem or our catching situation...

Baby Fisk
09-24-2004, 02:07 PM
He looks light-years better at the plate the last 2 weeks than for any time in May->August.

We'll have to see, should be a lot of offseason changes. However, I feel more confident in Crede than I do in our revolving 2B problem or our catching situation...Why has this team gone into the past few off-seasons seemingly with more problems than the year before? Am I missing the meaning of the word "progress?"

Randar68
09-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Why has this team gone into the past few off-seasons seemingly with more problems than the year before? Am I missing the meaning of the word "progress?"
Because it just seems that way. The fatalistic views of Sox Nation always seem to forget anything 6 months or longer in the past...

This team had holes all over coming into 2004, then we lost Frank and Maggs.

Next year, we'll have a hole somewhere, hoping to catch lightening in a bottle...

It's what happens to teams on restricted payrolls. Everything has to go just right in order to win. Why do you guys always act shocked by this? Every year...

Baby Fisk
09-24-2004, 02:11 PM
Because it just seems that way. The fatalistic views of Sox Nation always seem to forget anything 6 months or longer in the past...

This team had holes all over coming into 2004, then we lost Frank and Maggs.

Next year, we'll have a hole somewhere, hoping to catch lightening in a bottle...

It's what happens to teams on restricted payrolls. Everything has to go just right in order to win. Why do you guys always act shocked by this? Every year...You mean there was baseball more than six months ago? :?:

The Cheat
09-24-2004, 06:23 PM
A guy in his 2nd full year is a "veteran"????

news to me.
He has more Career AB's than Aaron Rowand. He's had more experience than rowand...

maurice
09-24-2004, 06:58 PM
Jim Hendry wouldve Traded Crede, and we'd have
Don't forget, Chicago is a small market. We can't compete for big-money player acquisitions with clubs from big markets like St. Louis, Detroit, and . . . Chicago.

:reinsy
"What he said."

batmanZoSo
09-24-2004, 09:08 PM
say what you will about the guy, but isnt that the 5th or so walk off game hes been a part of? I know his stats suck ass but hes got the clutch attitude or something, i just cant understand the guy. Maybe if he played the entire game as if it was the 9th he could be in for a turnaround. wishfull thinking but just crazy how he seems to love the walkoff.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt earlier in the year, but I never thought he'd play like this all year. He's just not a big leaguer the way he's playing. It doesn't matter that he has a clutch homer in him every now and then. He needs to improve majorly next year or else risk getting benched. I don't know why we stick with him so much now. No way he deserves to be out there every day.

JoseCanseco6969
09-24-2004, 10:44 PM
I gave him the benefit of the doubt earlier in the year, but I never thought he'd play like this all year. He's just not a big leaguer the way he's playing. It doesn't matter that he has a clutch homer in him every now and then. He needs to improve majorly next year or else risk getting benched. I don't know why we stick with him so much now. No way he deserves to be out there every day.
how does it hurt us now that he is in there? We are finished, let any young player play and see how they do.

ma-gaga
09-24-2004, 11:16 PM
I don't know. Crede is still who I see as the future 3B. He could still get a lot better. I'd probably let him stay for one more year before cutting bait on him. This is his second full season right? Yeah, give him 3 full years.

One of the rule of thumbs from the old school crusty old managers, is that it usually takes about 1000 MLB at bats to understand what it takes to hit at this level. There are obvious exceptions, but if the guy has the minor league experience, you should let him get these at bats in.

But he's done this the last 3 years. Hit fantastic after the W.Sox have been eliminated. He must be pressing too much.

You guys want to trade him for Terry Tiffee?