PDA

View Full Version : typical Sox

HaroMaster87
09-23-2004, 09:50 PM
every friggin year, once they are eliminated, they get red hot. They cant even lose right.....:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Win1ForMe
09-23-2004, 09:59 PM
Haha. Didn't watch the game, but checked the box score right after seeing your post. Of course after reading your message I immediately recalled Joe Crede's 2002 September performance and thought, before checking the score, how he's the ultimate September White Sox player. Sure enough, 2 HRs tonight.

Soxzilla
09-23-2004, 10:08 PM
This is good and or bad.

The good thing is it could raise Joe's trade value. The bad is that it may make KW think joe is actually good.

:gulp: Here's to hoping KW making the right decision.

Muopsies
09-23-2004, 10:09 PM
The sox will finish 5 back and then we will think if only. they always do this. where was this fire in august at kansas city when it mattered?

santo=dorf
09-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Earl Weaver would be proud.

Can't get the bunt down? Just hit a 3 run homer! :gulp:

Lip Man 1
09-23-2004, 10:42 PM
By the way did you see how Jamie Burke totally screwed up that bunt attempt in the 9th inning?

As far as Crede's home run Dorf the problem is he'll (and the other big boppers) go two or three weeks before doing something like that again in a game winning situation.

That's the problem. More consistency is needed.

and Earl Weaver also had brilliant starting pitching out his rear end including 4 20 game winners in 1971 plus air tight defense with numerous Gold Glove winners (would you like me to list them for you?)

Last I looked the Sox have neither of those two ingrediants ergo their record the past seven seasons. if you want to play 'Earl Weaver' style ball you need all three components. The Sox don't... therefore they can't.

But on a positive note:

ONLY FIVE MORE WINS FOR A WINNING SEASON!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

The pressure mounts!

Lip

mdep524
09-23-2004, 11:04 PM
By the way did you see how Jamie Burke totally screwed up that bunt attempt in the 9th inning?
That bunt situation was handed terribly by Ozzie. Runners on first and second, 0 out...you know Ozzie is going to bunt (whether you agree or disagree with it), so why does he pinch hit Burke?? Timo Perez, his best bunter, is sitting on the bench and instead he brings in Burke only because he is a righty, which is meaningless in a bunt situation. Terrible. I know the game means next to nothing, but this is an example of how Ozzie has no idea what he's doing. Luckily Joe Crede hit yet another of his monthly walk offs to end my 2004 season on a happy note. :)

HebrewHammer
09-24-2004, 12:28 AM
I'm not sure which is worse, our half-assed poor play or our half-assed good play.

bc2k
09-24-2004, 12:36 AM
At first I credited Joe Cwede with a nice job of hitting the other way, until I realized that he had tried to pull the ball but by the time he got his slow swing to the plate, he hit it to right-center.

Jurr
09-24-2004, 12:39 AM
The sox will finish 5 back and then we will think if only. they always do this. where was this fire in august at kansas city when it mattered?I don't think it was ever fire. Fire doesn't get you as far in baseball as it does in other sports like football. Fire doesn't make you get a bunt down. Fire doesn't make you locate a slider in a fastball count.
Fire can make you focus a little more, but that's about it. Playing well and relaxing helps you play better baseball. The Sox have been notorious for getting a little too antsy when it counts and not playing clutch. The only year in the past 10 when they didn't have expectations (2000) was the year they won it.
Previous to that, they had the Albert Belle crap. After that, well, we know what that's all about.
This team has fire. They just get too geeked and can't relax enough to make the clutch play. They're not clutch.

Jurr
09-24-2004, 12:44 AM
It sucks, but playing well actually breeds more of the same in baseball. It's a weird game. I never understood it in 14 years of playing. Winning equals relaxing...that equals playing better. Anybody who says they hit off of a good pitcher when they were totally geeked hasn't ever played baseball.