PDA

View Full Version : More MLB BS .... "Commissioner" & Reinsdorf "Stooge" Selig Changing AllStar Rotation

Hangar18
09-23-2004, 02:34 PM
According to Bud "Pansy" Selig ....... He thinks that In order to "better showcase" the new Ballparks being Built ....... Baseball should get RID of the Rotation it currently uses. Now, the reason a Rotation was put in place, was to AVOID FAVORITISM in awarding these games, which are very Lucrative Both to the Host team, and to MLB.

Im thinking its a ploy to Push the Flubbies to the front of the AS waiting line ...among other teams. ALSO, I think its a way to QUIET the Growing Uproar among MLB owners whove recently Played Along with Buds Short-Sighted Edict of Build-stadium-or-you-wont-survive nonsense. Most of those teams built the stadiums ........ and Are STILL not surviving. Owners are rightfully getting Angry, notably the KCRoyals, who are waiting for their AS Game, and got pushed to the back of the line to favor the Pirates (who just had one in 97, remember?) You mark Hangars words, how the CUBS also get one sooner than 2030, which is WHEN they are due for another AS GAME

This game is Being run by a bunch of Jack-Asses ................

http://www61.overture.com/d/sr/?xargs=05u3hs9yoakFVuyzDCRRAlf7wbNjQcE2F3NSGJD4sdk e5WKfCw9SNqDPv5SSrUJd7ZRzn3V5LxlOEhCzh3PiXl5oYvNst vuSLc8uX4PAbrqTqoa811G9oBGoJCzdDBToarslDredDE1Wuy9 %2F5rD5KdH8sRww1trvfeKC1mFhWAADQloOOjZgTAbm0%2B6cp cy9cetGpV0ZMlnyWFU%2FguQrGFsvHhpGQ14IqXPavZO8lChZX %2FP3DET0Zdbq5BzDOVtiG3jixy%2F20WO7niMkwXWoCr&yargs=http%3A%2F%2Fsports.espn.go.com%2***b%2Fnews %2Fstory%3Fid%3D1843484

Hangar18
09-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Reading the article, and his quotes ........ Im thinking ........WHY BUD?
He makes Dusty Bakers Flim-Flams look darn truthful. Check this out:

:tool
"I dont think that its (rotation) as important as it used to be"
Hangar18- "Why do you think that Bud?"
"I think the important thing is to be fair"
Hangar18- "Wait ...... you didnt answer the question"

"In a perfect world, you would alternate AL and NL, but ........we ......
need to remember .........the Roundabout and Fiscal Rise in Inflation
......has led to the differing way we use Fuel and the If you sew
backwards, its possible to Purge argonauts"
Hangar18- "Bud, what the heck are you talking about? Answer the question"

"what about the Children Hangar? the poor of PIttsburgh deserve an AS game"

eriqjaffe
09-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Well, if the rotation is being changed to showcase the newer ballparks, Wrigley should be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down on the list.

Hangar18
09-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Well, if the rotation is being changed to showcase the newer ballparks, Wrigley should be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down on the list.:tool
" actually Eriqjaffe, your 1/2 right. Wrigley is an Old Fashioned ballpark, and all the New Ballparks are Old Fashioned, so Wrigley is actually NEW in a sense. DOnt forget, once all the Concrete that gets fixed, Heck, the Place will be as NEW as my place ..........BESIDES, its Good For Baseball to have the AS Games there from now on......oops, I leaked that didnt I?"

Brian26
09-23-2004, 03:17 PM
Owners are rightfully getting Angry, notably the KCRoyals, who are waiting for their AS Game, and got pushed to the back of the line to favor the Pirates (who just had one in 97, remember?) You mark Hangars words, how the CUBS also get one sooner than 2030, which is WHEN they are due for another AS GAME

Pirates had the All-Star Game in '94. I've been collecting the Official All-Star balls lately, so the order is fresh in my mind. Haven't they already announced that the Pirates get the ASG in 2006? Which, is really a joke...12 years in between ASG host games when there are 30 teams? Crazy. I thought for sure they would give it to Arizona first.

The question comes up as to who gets the 2007 game. The AL is due, but they're not going to give it to Tampa Bay with the dump they play in. The Yankees and Royals go back to the mid 70's, so they're both due.

Meanwhile, the NL has new parks in SD, Philly, St. Louis coming up, Arizona, San Fran, Cincy all due for All-Star Games (Even though SD had it in '92, Phily in '96 and Cincy in '88).

thepaulbowski
09-23-2004, 04:07 PM
According to Bud "Pansy" Selig ....... He thinks that In order to "better showcase" the new Ballparks being Built ....... Baseball should get RID of the Rotation it currently uses. Now, the reason a Rotation was put in place, was to AVOID FAVORITISM in awarding these games, which are very Lucrative Both to the Host team, and to MLB.

Im thinking its a ploy to Push the Flubbies to the front of the AS waiting line ...among other teams. ALSO, I think its a way to QUIET the Growing Uproar among MLB owners whove recently Played Along with Buds Short-Sighted Edict of Build-stadium-or-you-wont-survive nonsense. Most of those teams built the stadiums ........ and Are STILL not surviving. Owners are rightfully getting Angry, notably the KCRoyals, who are waiting for their AS Game, and got pushed to the back of the line to favor the Pirates (who just had one in 97, remember?) You mark Hangars words, how the CUBS also get one sooner than 2030, which is WHEN they are due for another AS GAME

http://www61.overture.com/d/sr/?xargs=05u3hs9yoakFVuyzDCRRAlf7wbNjQcE2F3NSGJD4sdk e5WKfCw9SNqDPv5SSrUJd7ZRzn3V5LxlOEhCzh3PiXl5oYvNst vuSLc8uX4PAbrqTqoa811G9oBGoJCzdDBToarslDredDE1Wuy9 %2F5rD5KdH8sRww1trvfeKC1mFhWAADQloOOjZgTAbm0%2B6cp cy9cetGpV0ZMlnyWFU%2FguQrGFsvHhpGQ14IqXPavZO8lChZX %2FP3DET0Zdbq5BzDOVtiG3jixy%2F20WO7niMkwXWoCr&yargs=http%3A%2F%2Fsports.espn.go.com%2***b%2Fnews %2Fstory%3Fid%3D1843484
I find it amazing how you put words in the "other" owners mouths. They unanimously voted on an extension for Selig. But you know what the owners are thinking, they just don't know how to express themselves.

eriqjaffe
09-23-2004, 04:09 PM
" actually Eriqjaffe, your 1/2 right. Wrigley is an Old Fashioned ballpark, and all the New Ballparks are Old Fashioned, so Wrigley is actually NEW in a sense. DOnt forget, once all the Concrete that gets fixed, Heck, the Place will be as NEW as my place ..........BESIDES, its Good For Baseball to have the AS Games there from now on......oops, I leaked that didnt I?"

Alternately,

"Well, since Miller Park is the kind of new park we want to showcase, and since everybody knows that Cubs games at Miller Park are essentially Cubs home games...the Milwaukee Brewers will host the 2009 All-Star Game at beautiful Wrigley Field."

Grobber33
09-23-2004, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=Hangar18]According to Bud "Pansy" Selig ....... He thinks that In order to "better showcase" the new Ballparks being Built ....... Baseball should get RID of the Rotation it currently uses. Now, the reason a Rotation was put in place, was to AVOID FAVORITISM in awarding these games, which are very Lucrative Both to the Host team, and to MLB.

I agree with alot of what you posted Hangar, BUT.....Pittsburgh hosted in 1994,not 97---yet they still are getting a return game too soon. As for the Cubs, they last hosted in 1990,so based on the Sox hosting in 1983 & again in 2003, the Cubs should host again in 2010,not 2030.
The thing I dont like is that they are likely to change the AL parks host on odd # years and NL on even years to allowing one league to host more than one year in a row which is wrong.
It will never go on 30 year rotations,because some teams(like the Mets)do not want to host. The Mets only hosted in 1964(Shea's inaugural year). Dont you think with the NY bias that had the Mets WANTED a game,they would have had one by now? There are others who dont want one as well.

Foulke You
09-23-2004, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=Hangar18]According to Bud "Pansy" Selig ....... He thinks that In order to "better showcase" the new Ballparks being Built ....... Baseball should get RID of the Rotation it currently uses. Now, the reason a Rotation was put in place, was to AVOID FAVORITISM in awarding these games, which are very Lucrative Both to the Host team, and to MLB.

I agree with alot of what you posted Hangar, BUT.....Pittsburgh hosted in 1994,not 97---yet they still are getting a return game too soon. As for the Cubs, they last hosted in 1990,so based on the Sox hosting in 1983 & again in 2003, the Cubs should host again in 2010,not 2030.
The thing I dont like is that they are likely to change the AL parks host on odd # years and NL on even years to allowing one league to host more than one year in a row which is wrong.
It will never go on 30 year rotations,because some teams(like the Mets)do not want to host. The Mets only hosted in 1964(Shea's inaugural year). Dont you think with the NY bias that had the Mets WANTED a game,they would have had one by now? There are others who dont want one as well.
I didn't know that. I wonder...why would a team not want an all star game? You would think they would want all the extra revenue and season ticket sales it could bring, not to mention the chance to showcase your ballpark to a national audience. Are the Mets embarassed because of Shea? Is that park really THAT bad? I've seen it from the outside and it is by no means breath taking but it didn't seem as bas as everyone made it out to be.

BTW, I agree that Pittsburgh getting the game this soon is a joke. Especially since the Royals and Yanks haven't had it in such a long time.

Brian26
09-23-2004, 06:43 PM

Why wouldn't the Mets want to host, Grobber?

SaltyPretzel
09-23-2004, 08:36 PM
I wouldn't care less if the game didn't decide home field advantage in the World Series.

minastirith67
09-23-2004, 10:45 PM
I wouldn't care less if the game didn't decide home field advantage in the World Series.

Seeing as the Sox won't make it to the WS for a while, I really don't give a **** if the AS game gives the winning league home field advantage. It's not like it's affecting my team anyway.

thepaulbowski
09-24-2004, 09:55 AM
Because they play in a garbage dump. The game will never be held at Shea Stadium unless they do some major renovations.

ewokpelts
09-24-2004, 10:29 AM
Because they play in a garbage dump. The game will never be held at Shea Stadium unless they do some major renovations.If they wanted it, mlb wouldn't mind having the asg in the top market in the us. They can charge more for tix, and generate more local revenue. Mind you , they may also want to wait until they get a new stadium, and try to con nyc for one. It apprears to be working for the jets, who are all but gurantteed a super bowl if the y get a 2 BILLION DOLLAR STADIUM.
Gene

Hangar18
09-24-2004, 10:35 AM
I find it amazing how you put words in the "other" owners mouths. They unanimously voted on an extension for Selig. But you know what the owners are thinking, they just don't know how to express themselves.
Think about it .............. Theyve had well over a Decade TO FIND A COMMISSIONER, but they havnt really been looking have they?
OF COURSE they gave the Guy an Extension ........... SELIG IS AN OWNER!!

:chopper
" I was gonna be the new Commissioner, but Steinbrenner got mad
because I kept Chewing on the Collective Bargaining Documents. "

Johnny Mostil
09-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Isn't it also the case that some cities get the ASG for special events or commemorative years? I recall Cincinnati getting the '70 ASG because (1) it was (close enough) to the centennial year for what is reputedly the first professional baseball team, and (2) Riverfront Stadium had just opened. Cincinnati got it again in '88 because that was the bicentennial year for the city.

Fenway
09-24-2004, 01:09 PM
In 2002 Bud showcased Miller Park

and we all found out the roof leaked

Clembasbal
09-24-2004, 01:30 PM
" actually Eriqjaffe, your 1/2 right. Wrigley is an Old Fashioned ballpark, and all the New Ballparks are Old Fashioned, so Wrigley is actually NEW in a sense. DOnt forget, once all the Concrete that gets fixed, Heck, the Place will be as NEW as my place ..........BESIDES, its Good For Baseball to have the AS Games there from now on......oops, I leaked that didnt I?"With that logic then, shouldn't the Sox get the game soon because they are constantly changing their park?

And to note my opinion, since the world series home team is now determined by the all-star game (total crap), I think that holding the game at consecutive NL parks is Bull, and the same would go if it was at consecutive AL parks. Maybe this is a conspiracy to get the Cubs as the home team if they ever make it to the series? Huh? Huh?

To also note, Shea is the worst stadium outside of Montreal that I have been to, which is 25 in all - I refuse to go to Tampa and Miami because they are not baseball stadiums.

Hangar18
09-24-2004, 01:43 PM
" In the Best Interests of Baseball.....MLB will now only hold the All-Star Game
in Wrigley Field and Fenway Park, each in alternating years. This will be Good for baseball"

Fenway
09-24-2004, 02:03 PM
I refuse to go to Tampa and Miami because they are not baseball stadiums.
Been to the Trop 7 times, only saw it full once for hockey

Grobber33
09-24-2004, 11:49 PM
It's a ton of work to put one of those on these days. Some organizations dont want to put up with it. Also,the host team does'nt get the money,,MLB does and they take over complete control of running it. The Sox and Cubs have both been willing to do the work needed. The Yanks last hosted in 1977 and the Dodgers in 1980. Both big time Baseball Clubs which MLB would love to have host the ASG.