PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Having Fun

ja1022
09-23-2004, 11:16 AM
I'm adopting the Red Sox for the rest of the season. I've always had a soft spot for the BoSox since Looie Aparicio was traded to them in the early 70s, but I've liked watching them recently because they seem to really have fun playing the game and being in the thick of the division and wild card race. Every time they do a cut away to the dugout you see Pedro, Manny, Ortiz or someone else cheerleading and keeping everybody loose. For example, last night there was a shot of Pedro rubbing Mark Bellhorn's head for luck. I also like the fact that they are playing better since trading Nomar, lending evidence to the whole "addition by subtraction" idea. I'm guessing most people have strong feelings about the Red Sox one way or the other. Please discuss.

Baby Fisk
09-23-2004, 11:23 AM
I'm adopting the Red Sox for the rest of the season. I've always had a soft spot for the BoSox since Looie Aparicio was traded to them in the early 70s, but I've liked watching them recently because they seem to really have fun playing the game and being in the thick of the division and wild card race. Every time they do a cut away to the dugout you see Pedro, Manny, Ortiz or someone else cheerleading and keeping everybody loose. For example, last night there was a shot of Pedro rubbing Mark Bellhorn's head for luck. I also like the fact that they are playing better since trading Nomar, lending evidence to the whole "addition by subtraction" idea. I'm guessing most people have strong feelings about the Red Sox one way or the other. Please discuss.I like the BoSox as they are natural enemies of the team I hate, the Yankees.
I don't like the BoSox because of the endless drivel about the curse that gets shoved down our throats. I also dislike the notion of "twinning" that team with the Cubs. That only drags them down to the Cubs level, which is pathetic.

But you're right about the team itself. These guys are one kooky bunch, starting with the hair (almost all of them look like freaks). The dugout antics seem to have heightened after sulking Nomar left. These guys are the anti-Yankees.

Still, I'm hoping for a Boston WS Game 7 implosion against St. Louis. :cool: