PDA

View Full Version : ESPN News: Maggs may miss part of next year

skobabe8
09-22-2004, 04:05 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted. Also sorry I don't have a link. They just mentioned it on ESPN News.

thepaulbowski
09-22-2004, 04:08 PM
It was mentioned on Fox this morning, too.

Here's a link http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040921soxgamer,1,2231988.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

whitesoxwilkes
09-22-2004, 04:26 PM
The question is...does this make us even less likely to resign him?

Kogs35
09-22-2004, 04:30 PM
The question is...does this make us even less likely to resign him?umm i dont know it could be better for us to sign to him to a real heavy incentive laiden deal, or he may just sit out until may and rehab because no team may not want to take a chance on him, then prove when hes healthy to get the contract hes looking for. just a thought

owensmouth
09-22-2004, 04:48 PM
While I realize that their injuries were to different areas, is this bone marrow edema the same type of thing that ended Bo Jackson's career?

SoxxoS
09-22-2004, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't sign Maggs for 5 million per right now.

ja1022
09-22-2004, 04:57 PM
I just hope he recovers fully, whether he's with the Sox or not. Magglio has always been a solid citizen and played hard for the Sox. It sucks to think a guy that's been kind of a regional secret and on the fringe of full blown super star type status could have his career compromised by a freak accident like that. I mean bone marrow edema??? ***.:(:

Lip Man 1
09-22-2004, 04:58 PM
Typical White Sox luck.

Lip

eriqjaffe
09-22-2004, 05:03 PM
Typical White Sox luck.

Nah. Typical White Sox luck would have involved signing him to a contract that guaranteed him Guererro-like money before the injury occured.

Sadly enough, the Sox may have caught a break when Maggs turned down the contract(s).

Foulke You
09-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Wow, that article is a bummer. You hate to see something like that about Maggs even if he wasn't going to sign with us. I mean, after all this time he STILL doesn't have proper blood flow to the leg and if they are wondering if he'll be ready for the '05 season, I would have to assume this injury could be career threatening. As much as it pains me to say this, if Magglio is still hurt at the start of '05, KW might be better off building the team without him rather than throw money at an injury risk.:(:

gobears1987
09-22-2004, 07:37 PM
Wow, that article is a bummer. You hate to see something like that about Maggs even if he wasn't going to sign with us. I mean, after all this time he STILL doesn't have proper blood flow to the leg and if they are wondering if he'll be ready for the '05 season, I would have to assume this injury could be career threatening. As much as it pains me to say this, if Magglio is still hurt at the start of '05, KW might be better off building the team without him rather than throw money at an injury risk.:(:
And I've been saying this since August and finally someone here agrees. I don't want Maggs, he tried to hold the Sox for ransom, KW was smart enough to say no and now Maggs is screwed. Sorry, I like you Maggs, until you tried to ask for too much money that is. Have fun in Montreal!

Lip Man 1
09-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Go Bears:
You mean Washington right? And as long as he's getting paid I don't think he'll have a bad time anywhere he winds up.

You make it sound like you are almost glad he got hurt. Held the Sox to ransom? What a bunch of B.S.

Lip

gobears1987
09-22-2004, 08:31 PM
Go Bears:
You mean Washington right? And as long as he's getting paid I don't think he'll have a bad time anywhere he winds up.

You make it sound like you are almost glad he got hurt. Held the Sox to ransom? What a bunch of B.S.

Lip
Well, maybe Portland or Norfolk. I'm not glad he got hurt, but I won't be shelling out sympathy for him.

owensmouth
09-22-2004, 08:34 PM
I expect he's gonna become Tribune property. They'd love to acquire some more White Sox home runs.

batmanZoSo
09-22-2004, 08:36 PM
I expect he's gonna become Tribune property. They'd love to acquire some more White Sox home runs.

The cubs lack power as much as we do. Send 'em Willie for Walker.
:bandance:

balke
09-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Nah. Typical White Sox luck would have involved signing him to a contract that guaranteed him Guererro-like money before the injury occured.

Sadly enough, the Sox may have caught a break when Maggs turned down the contract(s).
Even more sadlier, we paid him Guerrero like money to sit on the bench this year :(:

Jurr
09-22-2004, 10:37 PM
While I realize that their injuries were to different areas, is this bone marrow edema the same type of thing that ended Bo Jackson's career?Bo actually had to have his hip replaced.