PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Agrees with Hangar18 ....

Hangar18
09-22-2004, 03:19 PM
On the complete lack of Support the Chicago Media showed the SOX this year . " ........The Media didnt surprise me, because I knew what was there"

robertks61
09-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Agreed! My cousin and his wife are in town from St. Paul. They are getting the cubune at their hotel and can barely find a article on the Sox-Twins series.

Dan H
09-22-2004, 04:51 PM
Now is not time complain about media support. The Cubs are fighting for the wild card while the Sox have long been out of it. I have my issues with the media, too, but right now I am more concerned about a team that has lost out to a team that Selig wanted to contract for three years in a row now. Winning will force the media's hand, at least a little.

thepaulbowski
09-22-2004, 05:15 PM
Agreed! My cousin and his wife are in town from St. Paul. They are getting the cubune at their hotel and can barely find a article on the Sox-Twins series.
Why should they write about the Sox now, they aren't worth the paper it is written on.

DMarte708
09-22-2004, 05:46 PM
Why should they write about the Sox now, they aren't worth the paper it is written on.
If roles were reversed do you believe the Media would simply ignore the Cubs? No, they would begin a series of articles examining why the Cubs collapsed and offer glimpses into next season. 2000 should have provided a precedent for this.

Every season, no matter how successful the team may be, is extensively featured within local media outlets. Winning (as last year proves) gives Mike Kiley and his surbordinates of evil a perfect excuse to jam Cubbie propoganda down our throat. Losing (as evident every year prior to 03) has no effect.

Despite the poor display of baseball the White Sox have endured upon its fandom they still deserve a voice. Burying the Sox deep within the paper may be warranted, but for objective TV/Radio Personalities to exhibit disgust in highlighting Sox games is unecessary.