PDA

View Full Version : Question about new Comcast station

Meixner007
09-22-2004, 02:54 PM
Is this station only going to be available to comcast subscribers? What about satelitte subscribers?

dpbyron
09-22-2004, 03:06 PM
It better be on DirectTV.... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Mickster
09-22-2004, 03:07 PM
Is this station only going to be available to comcast subscribers? What about satelitte subscribers?
Appears that Comcast subscribers already have the channel. Comcast Ch. 36 in Naperville is already running a 24 hour loop "infomercial" about the upcoming channel. It will appear live on that channel on Friday, Oct. 1.

Unsure about DirecTV or Dish, though. :?:

Kogs35
09-22-2004, 03:08 PM
they need to have a deal with directv and dishnetwork because the market has something like 3 mill people. ted cox wrote about it last friday and they havnt struck a deal yet but when bulls basketball starts in october they will have a deal on directv and dishnetwork or uncle jerry, the tribsters, and yes even wortz wont be too happy. they went to comcast on the condistion they have on satalite also.

p.s sorry i cant spell today

KingXerxes
09-22-2004, 03:57 PM
Who are they going to cover when the White Sox are playing at the same time the Cubs are playing? Will there be Comcast Sports Extra or something like that?

FightingBillini
09-22-2004, 04:51 PM
Who are they going to cover when the White Sox are playing at the same time the Cubs are playing? Will there be Comcast Sports Extra or something like that?
Hopefully the sox will learn from past mistakes and put a bunch of their games on WGN. Although not all games on GN are broadcasted nationally on the superstation, it would be great exposure. We need to increase our fanbase. A kid in Oregon might not be able to go to a Sox game, but he can buy a Sox jersey.

ewokpelts
09-22-2004, 05:16 PM
Hopefully the sox will learn from past mistakes and put a bunch of their games on WGN. Although not all games on GN are broadcasted nationally on the superstation, it would be great exposure. We need to increase our fanbase. A kid in Oregon might not be able to go to a Sox game, but he can buy a Sox jersey.Same as this year. Games will still be broadcast on Cltv and Wciu, in addition to CSN Chicago and WGN. Goes for all teams involved.
Gene

Kogs35
09-22-2004, 05:33 PM
Same as this year. Games will still be broadcast on Cltv and Wciu, in addition to CSN Chicago and WGN. Goes for all teams involved.
Gene
the sox have like 102 availible game for csn to broadcast for the white sox the cubs have like 72 availible games for csn to broadcast.

Lip Man 1
09-22-2004, 05:58 PM
First off there was a column is the past two days talking with Jim Corno, the station manager of the new station. He said he is in negotiations with both Direct TV and Dish Network. (although given the sad state of the Sox, Bulls and Blackhawks why anybody would want to actually watch them a lot is beyond me...)

As far as the Sox on WGN-TV. The Sox will always be second class citizens on that station, you are never going to see more then maybe 40 games again. And to be fair they no longer show 100 + Cub games due to Tribune Company insisting that they show crappy WB shows at night. There is only so much 'preempting' of your 'prime time lineup' that you can do.

Lip

KingXerxes
09-22-2004, 06:00 PM
As far as the Sox on WGN-TV. The Sox will always be second class citizens on that station, you are never going to see more then maybe 40 games again.

Lip
:reinsy

"You're right Lip...............and that's why I'm toying with the idea of resurrecting "SportsChannel".............for only an additional $65 per month on your cable package.............Eddie Einhorn is a genius."

whtsx1959
09-22-2004, 07:53 PM
the looping infomercial is better than abc family (which was moved to make way)

PaleHoseGeorge
09-22-2004, 08:26 PM
the looping infomercial is better than abc family (which was moved to make way)
The way viewership for first-round playoff games keeps falling, I wouldn't be surprised ABC Family Channel drops the games and they wind up on Local Access.
:cool:

:tool
"We will only move to local access if we can get a written guarantee that the cablecasts won't be preempted by village hall meetings!"

gobears1987
09-22-2004, 08:29 PM
what station would that be?

Kogs35
09-22-2004, 08:35 PM
The way viewership for first-round playoff games keeps falling, I wouldn't be surprised ABC Family Channel drops the games and they wind up on Local Access.

"We will only move to local access if we can get a written guarantee that the cablecasts won't be preempted by village hall meetings!"
they reached a deal with espn last year to show the divitinol game on espn and espn2

ewokpelts
09-23-2004, 02:06 AM

"We will only move to local access if we can get a written guarantee that the cablecasts won't be preempted by village hall meetings!"Division Series games are on espn/fox...no abc family channel.
Gene

doublem23
09-23-2004, 08:27 AM
I just wonder if I'll get to watch the Sox in Peoria next year. We get FSN-Chicago, but the local cable company is not Comcast (I think it's Insight?)...

Viva Magglio
09-23-2004, 11:11 AM
My cable provider is Wide Open West. Will CSN be available there or other non-Comcast cable providers?

hsnterprize
09-24-2004, 07:10 AM
My cable provider is Wide Open West. Will CSN be available there or other non-Comcast cable providers? I subscribe to Wide Open West, too. I called them about Comcast Sports Net, and the operator told me W.O.W. will carry the channel.