PDA

View Full Version : Is Jerry Reinsdorf the REAL Commissioner of Baseball Right Now?

Hangar18
09-22-2004, 02:19 PM
Interesting topic brought up by one of the best broadcasters out there right now (Harry Teinowitz on am1000/Mack,Jurko & Harry)

Seems our very Own Uncle Jerry is pulling the strings for a certain Bud Selig.
Anyone else get think Bud is in Jerrys Pocket? He mentioned Seligs Finance policies and noted how Jerry first mentioned those things yrs ago ........
I knew something was up ....... when I caught Bud washing Jerrys Lexus .....

The Cheat
09-22-2004, 02:22 PM
/tin foil hats.

gosox41
09-22-2004, 03:22 PM
Interesting topic brought up by one of the best broadcasters out there right now (Harry Teinowitz on am1000/Mack,Jurko & Harry)

Seems our very Own Uncle Jerry is pulling the strings for a certain Bud Selig.
Anyone else get think Bud is in Jerrys Pocket? He mentioned Seligs Finance policies and noted how Jerry first mentioned those things yrs ago ........
I knew something was up ....... when I caught Bud washing Jerrys Lexus .....

I don't know. As bad as Jerry is at times, do you think he'd let the Cubs have a cakewalk schedule in September while giving the Sox the more difficult one?

If he were controlling things he'd have given the Sox an easy Sept. scehdule (ie no Twins), stuck the Twins on the road for a long period of time, and had the Cubs playing at St. Louis and at Houston let alone playing them at home.

Bob

wdelaney72
09-22-2004, 03:38 PM

Are you high?

Teinowitz is the one thing that slows that show down. He's NOT funny, and he's such a homer it's annoying. I love the show, but I dream of a day when he's slinging frech fries and off the air.

"What's growin' on?" Ugh! It makes me want to rip out my radio every time I hear it.

PatK
09-22-2004, 04:10 PM
Harry's worse than a homer, he's an unabashed Cubs fan who acts like he roots for both teams in an effort to look like he's not one-sided.

thepaulbowski
09-22-2004, 04:15 PM
:prozac .

Hangar18
09-22-2004, 04:32 PM
I don't know. As bad as Jerry is at times, do you think he'd let the Cubs have a cakewalk schedule in September while giving the Sox the more difficult one?

If he were controlling things he'd have given the Sox an easy Sept. scehdule (ie no Twins), stuck the Twins on the road for a long period of time, and had the Cubs playing at St. Louis and at Houston let alone playing them at home.

Bob
They theorize that the Flubs in the playoffs is "GOOD FOR THE SOX" because
Jerry privately thinks it will translate into more Fans coming to UsCellular
because of the lack of tickets. Somehow, I believe hes Twisted and Foolish enough to believe this ........ Uncle Jerry did chastise SOX fans recently for hating the Cubs and Not cheering them on more, saying it was "good for chicago"

Hangar18
09-22-2004, 04:37 PM
Are you high?

Teinowitz is the one thing that slows that show down. He's NOT funny, and he's such a homer it's annoying. I love the show, but I dream of a day when he's slinging frech fries and off the air.

"What's growin' on?" Ugh! It makes me want to rip out my radio every time I hear it.
We'll have to Agree to Disagree. I want to NOT LIKE THE GUY, believe me
I know hes a cub fan. But he is so Fair and Honest towards the SOX, moreso
than any other jackasses in this town like a Murphy or a Propoganda slinging Kiley. Teinowitz gets my thumbs up ....... FOR BEING FAIR

steff
09-22-2004, 05:50 PM
Are you high?

Yes, he is.

Dillusional, too.

:rolleyes:

Parrothead
09-22-2004, 07:34 PM
Are you high?

I could not agree more with you. Harry brings the show down. I write the station every week in my own campaign to get rid of him. Besides him not being funny or entertaining, three people in the booth is too much. I turn off the station whenever Harry is talking. I too dream of the day when Harry is canned.

Daver
09-22-2004, 07:57 PM
because of the lack of tickets. Somehow, I believe hes Twisted and Foolish enough to believe this ........ Uncle Jerry did chastise SOX fans recently for hating the Cubs and Not cheering them on more, saying it was "good for chicago"
Hangar, it's time to change the tinfoil.

Perhaps avoid the generic stuff in the future.

:bandance:

NonetheLoaiza
09-22-2004, 08:20 PM
There is a point in what he says. While I don't think that the single event of the Cubs making the playoffs is good for the Sox, I do believe that the popularity of the Cubs and that dump on the North Side does spur ticket sales a bit at the US Cellular box office. There are some Cub fans that like to watch baseball (of any variety). Of course, there are some drillrods that wear their Cubs paraphenalia and act like idiots. The whole issue is kind of similar to the following the Red Sox have around the country. However, Jerry is kidding if he thinks that the Cubs making the playoffs will sell out every Sox game.