PDA

View Full Version : Strange Nigh Outside Wrigley

34 Inch Stick
09-22-2004, 02:05 PM
I had some business to attend to last night on Clark just south of Addison. Anyway, as I am parking my car, who is driving his bike by me but Woo Woo. He was dressed in full (fool) Cubs gear and carying a bucket and squeegie. I looked at him and he looked at me. He kept eye contact to the point that I could tell he was absolutely dying for me to acknowledge him. I didn't give him the benefit.

As I walked down the street not minutes later I saw Minnie Minoso. The man could not have been nicer. He stopped and actually engaged me in conversation. Then he told me to wait. He went over to his car, took out a baseball and signed it for me. I congratulated him on his statue. What a great guy.

I'm sure if I continued down the street I would have run into a Bull and a Bear. It must have been a full moon.

Hangar18
09-22-2004, 02:21 PM
Minnie lives about 2 blks from The Urinal. Hes always in Sluggers
talking about the SOX and baseball :smile:

ozzman
09-22-2004, 02:36 PM
I saw minnie driving out of the city down 290 one morning while i was headed to work. he was driving a red blazer with the license plate that said minnie something on it. I had my sox cap sitting on the seat next to me so i picked it up and showed it to him to acknowledge that i knew who he was. he gave a huge smile and waved. that was a good way to start a work day :)

Tekijawa
09-22-2004, 03:15 PM
Was Carmen Electra hitting on you but she had the body of your High School Gym teacher too? You might have been dreaming doooooooooode

ewokpelts
09-22-2004, 05:19 PM
Minnie lives about 2 blks from The Urinal. Hes always in Sluggers
talking about the SOX and baseball :smile:first i heard this....
Gene

daveeym
09-22-2004, 08:52 PM
I had some business to attend to last night on Clark just south of Addison. Anyway, as I am parking my car, who is driving his bike by me but Woo Woo. He was dressed in full (fool) Cubs gear and carying a bucket and squeegie. I looked at him and he looked at me. He kept eye contact to the point that I could tell he was absolutely dying for me to acknowledge him. I didn't give him the benefit.

As I walked down the street not minutes later I saw Minnie Minoso. The man could not have been nicer. He stopped and actually engaged me in conversation. Then he told me to wait. He went over to his car, took out a baseball and signed it for me. I congratulated him on his statue. What a great guy.

I'm sure if I continued down the street I would have run into a Bull and a Bear. It must have been a full moon. Sounds like a bootie call to me. :gulp:

The Critic
09-23-2004, 11:55 AM
I'm sure if I continued down the street I would have run into a Bull and a Bear. It must have been a full moon.
I'm not sure that seeing Woo*crack*Woo actually counts as encountering a Cub. He may epitomize the fanbase, and he may dress in a full uniform for no reason, but he's not REALLY a Cub. :D:

Very cool about meeting Minoso, though - that guy is a great ambassador for White Sox baseball.

34 Inch Stick
09-23-2004, 02:15 PM
Sounds like a bootie call to me. :gulp:
Unfortunately not. Business was not a euphamism in this case.

Brian26
09-23-2004, 03:19 PM
I saw minnie driving out of the city down 290 one morning while i was headed to work. he was driving a red blazer with the license plate that said minnie something on it. I had my sox cap sitting on the seat next to me so i picked it up and showed it to him to acknowledge that i knew who he was. he gave a huge smile and waved. that was a good way to start a work day :)

...Until Minnie crashed into the concrete barrier because he wasn't watching the ****ING road!!!! :D: