PDA

View Full Version : Cubs and Giants to make playoffs

Blueprint1
09-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Its looking like the Dodgers are going to slip out of the playoffs. Looks like the Giants and the Cubs may make the playoffs. The Giants will be the division winners with the Cubs taking the wildcard. It seems like the cubs cant lose a game lately. This really sucks that that are going to make it.

robertks61
09-22-2004, 09:42 AM
Thanks to the Pirates & Reds laying down against the Cub...

white sox bill
09-22-2004, 10:01 AM
As much as I hate to say it, the flubs will more than likely make playoffs. Prepare now for the October talk. Deja vu again!

Fenway
09-22-2004, 10:01 AM
Its looking like the Dodgers are going to slip out of the playoffs. Looks like the Giants and the Cubs may make the playoffs. The Giants will be the division winners with the Cubs taking the wildcard. It seems like the cubs cant lose a game lately. This really sucks that that are going to make it.
You think LA has second thoughts about the trade they made at the deadline?

Hangar18
09-22-2004, 10:36 AM
Dont you think Bud Selig and the MLB are secretly Jumping Up and Down
in New York? Its no secret they, FOX, ESPN and anyone else with a $$$$
stake in the playoffs, want the Cubs badly ....... so they can peddle the "most cursed teams" bs angle. Look who the Cubs get to play for the Final Month .....a month thats supposed to have Playoff Implications ...
they Were "Given" a September Schedule that was Full of Expos, Pirates, Reds, Mets. IT was obvious to me last yr this time, what Baseball was up to
when they put that schedule together. Anyone catch the end of that Pirate game lst nite? AWFUL how bad that team is ..........Rookie OF misplays an easy fly ball ........... Pitcher cant make clean catch of bunt,
Pitcher Throws ball away letting winning run come in ......... This is What Selig says is "good for baseball"?

duke of dorwood
09-22-2004, 10:48 AM
The Cubs are a bigger disgrace than we are-all the $ spent and having to rely on gutted teams to lay down at seasons end just to squeak into post season.

IMPACT
09-22-2004, 02:50 PM
The Cubs are a bigger disgrace than we are-all the $ spent and having to rely on gutted teams to lay down at seasons end just to squeak into post season.
I think that you sell the Pirates, Mets and Braves short. Cincinnati is a mess but even they can slug.

balke
09-22-2004, 02:58 PM
I think that you sell the Pirates, Mets and Braves short. Cincinnati is a mess but even they can slug.
Never underestimate the cubs' ability to choke in a winning situation.

thepaulbowski
09-22-2004, 03:12 PM
Dont you think Bud Selig and the MLB are secretly Jumping Up and Down
in New York? Its no secret they, FOX, ESPN and anyone else with a $$$$
stake in the playoffs, want the Cubs badly ....... so they can peddle the "most cursed teams" bs angle. Look who the Cubs get to play for the Final Month .....a month thats supposed to have Playoff Implications ...
they Were "Given" a September Schedule that was Full of Expos, Pirates, Reds, Mets. IT was obvious to me last yr this time, what Baseball was up to
when they put that schedule together. Anyone catch the end of that Pirate game lst nite? AWFUL how bad that team is ..........Rookie OF misplays an easy fly ball ........... Pitcher cant make clean catch of bunt,
Pitcher Throws ball away letting winning run come in ......... This is What Selig says is "good for baseball"?
It's amazing some people find Sox fans to be bitter & whiny. I don't know where one would get that impression. Every team in each division plays the same amount of games against the same teams. It doesn't matter when they are played, early in the year or late in the year. Get over it. Or continue to whine....

soxwon
09-22-2004, 10:08 PM

NO TEAM THAT FINNISHES 12 GAMES OUT
deserves to be in the playoffs disgusting

StepsInSC
09-22-2004, 10:24 PM
NO TEAM THAT FINNISHES 12 GAMES OUT
deserves to be in the playoffs disgusting
I thoroughly disagree with that statement...for I hope are obvious.

Never underestimate the cubs' ability to choke in a winning situation.
...and totally agree with that one.

The Critic
09-23-2004, 10:51 AM
You think LA has second thoughts about the trade they made at the deadline?
I think they had second thoughts about it right after the Randy Johnson trade they thought they were setting up fell through.

....although Encarnacion, Mota and LoDuca aren't exactly leading Florida into the playoffs either, so who knows if LA might not have faded regardless?

Iwritecode
09-23-2004, 10:59 AM
It's amazing some people find Sox fans to be bitter & whiny. I don't know where one would get that impression. Every team in each division plays the same amount of games against the same teams. It doesn't matter when they are played, early in the year or late in the year. Get over it. Or continue to whine....

Come on now... You can't tell me that there isn't a definite advantage to playing a team in late September that has already clinched a playoff spot (or is already out of them) and is resting most of their starters compared to playing that same team in July or August???

Now that the rosters have expanded, how many teams (like the Pirates for example) are letting their AA and AAA pitchers throw now that the games don't matter?