PDA

View Full Version : Hop, Hop, Flop The Arms...You're Out!

DrCrawdad
09-22-2004, 09:17 AM
Sammy Sosa should put his home-run hop into mothballs and concentrate on the playoff leap, especially after it cost him a double Tuesday night, robbed the Cubs of a chance to have a bigger inning in the fourth and perhaps was responsible for the game staggering into extra innings after LaTroy Hawkins' blown save in the ninth.

"That was a play I was hoping wouldn't come back to haunt us,'' manager Dusty Baker said. "You're taught when you're young to run and then break it down. I'm just glad we won and it didn't haunt us...'' - From the Sun-Times 9/22/2004

I saw that play as it happened. It was so (darn) funny to see SamME doing his side show (feces) on a ball that bounced off the fence and then to see him get nailed at 2nd was just priceless!

ja1022
09-22-2004, 09:22 AM
For everyone's enjoyment:
Saw it on Baseball Tonight....last night, with every game having play off implications, The Samala did his gay little homer hop on a ball hit to right field. The ball wasn't even close to being out and by the time The Gladiator started to hustle it was too late and he was an easy out at second. Unfortunately, the Cubs won in 10. Sammy is the epitome of the lazy, egotistical, self-serving, pseudo "superstar". He won't, but Crusty Baker should call him out on this.

ja1022
09-22-2004, 09:28 AM
Just posted regarding this. Glad to see Dusty had a comment for the record. Could you imagine what a teamate like Pudge Fisk would have to say about something like that.

Baby Fisk
09-22-2004, 09:38 AM
Just posted regarding this. Glad to see Dusty had a comment for the record. Could you imagine what a teamate like Pudge Fisk would have to say about something like that.*smouldering rage, followed by...*

:pudge
"RUN THE ***DAMN BALL OUT, YOU PIECE OF ****! WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING BOUNCING AROUND LIKE THE ***DAMN EASTER BUNNY! YOUR PRECIOUS PRANCING PONY ROUTINE COST US A ******* OUT, YOU SON OF A *****! SIT DOWN AND DON'T LET ME SEE YOUR ******* FACE AGAIN UNTIL YOU MAKE A PLAY TO PUT THIS TEAM AHEAD OF YOURSELF, ********."

Over By There
09-22-2004, 09:59 AM
I love it. Way to go, Shammy. :cool:

Jerko
09-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Don't get too happy about that; I remember Carlos Lee doing the exact same thing, and he ALMOST did it again like a week later.

ja1022
09-22-2004, 10:10 AM
Don't get too happy about that; I remember Carlos Lee doing the exact same thing, and he ALMOST did it again like a week later.
Agreed, but it's an exception with Carlos. Carlos out hustles Spammy day in and day out and hasn't shown himself to be the self centered turd that is The Samala.

illiniwhitesox
09-23-2004, 07:49 AM
Appears that this is getting a lot of media attention and it has been negatively received. Heard on Mike and Mike this morning that ShamME has given two responses to the incident, both which are inexcusable:

1) Excuse #1: It does not matter. We won the game

2) Excuse #2: I have been doing this throughout my entire career and this is the first time this has happened to me. I thought it was a home run and it almost was one. I don't plan on changing just because of this one instance.

Is it possible to deport this moron! Just the fact that Flubs worship this cheater says enough about their character and baseball knowledge, that we need not go further.:angry: :angry: :angry:

bigfoot
09-23-2004, 07:59 AM
Do we want to deport Scammin' Sammy just yet? He could be the last, best hope of preventing post-season play in the Urinal.

LongLiveFisk
09-23-2004, 10:40 AM
*smouldering rage, followed by...*

:pudge
"RUN THE ***DAMN BALL OUT, YOU PIECE OF ****! WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING BOUNCING AROUND LIKE THE ***DAMN EASTER BUNNY! YOUR PRECIOUS PRANCING PONY ROUTINE COST US A ******* OUT, YOU SON OF A *****! SIT DOWN AND DON'T LET ME SEE YOUR ******* FACE AGAIN UNTIL YOU MAKE A PLAY TO PUT THIS TEAM AHEAD OF YOURSELF, ********."

Followed by, "NOW DROP DOWN AND GIVE ME TWENTY!"
:rolling:

kittle42
09-23-2004, 10:55 AM
No one really expected Dusty to remain angry, did they.....

"Sammy was hopping before I got here," Baker said.
Could Sosa put the hop on hold for a couple of weeks?

"Hey, man, like I said, he was hopping before I got here," Baker said. "I guess it seems like his hop is off. He wasn't hitting home runs for a while. It didn't look good. I'm just glad it didn't cost us."

Ugh.

Flight #24
09-23-2004, 11:00 AM
I can just imagine Dusty as the rec league coach for Charles Manson

"Hey man, that dude was mass murdering before I got here, I mean we all got a little rage inside of us, I'm not going to ask him to change what's been workin for him"

Erik The Red
09-23-2004, 01:48 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if Baker's apparent lack of cojones this season are a strategy to keep the heat on himself rather than on his idiot players.