PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle

balke
09-22-2004, 02:42 AM
Quotes from Buerhle himself about the Quote from Buerhle himself.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20040921&content_id=865999&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

Buerhle's always seemed like your average, no nonsense guy. He's got a good sense of humor. I agree that I don't think the Twins make it past the second round. I think the media is afraid to say it, so they hold up people like Buerhle who will. It's still cool that he's able to say "prove me wrong", and that he'll give them props.

I don't look at his comments so much as crap talking, as being honest about the Twins chances :D:

hose
09-22-2004, 07:19 AM
Buehrle's comments are a embarrassment and he is going to get labeled a sore loser by the media. Once again Mark sticks his foot in his mouth.

Between Ozzie, Hawk, KW, Buehrle, Thomas and Reinsdorf this franchise probably turns more people off with it's mouth than any other I can think of.

I'm sick of it.:mad: just shut up and win something for once.

thepaulbowski
09-22-2004, 08:25 AM
Buehrle's comments are a embarrassment and he is going to get labeled a sore loser by the media. Once again Mark sticks his foot in his mouth.

Between Ozzie, Hawk, KW, Buehrle, Thomas and Reinsdorf this franchise probably turns more people off with it's mouth than any other I can think of.

The media has done the same thing it always does. It asks a baiting question & when it is answered they don't quote the whole thing. But, it is business as usual with the media in this town.

gosox41
09-22-2004, 08:45 AM
The media has done the same thing it always does. It asks a baiting question & when it is answered they don't quote the whole thing. But, it is business as usual with the media in this town.
Of course the media asks baiting questions. They're looking for quotes. They do the same thing to every other sports team in this town. Most players are smart enough not to respond or say something intelligent, though.

Bob

wdelaney72
09-22-2004, 08:54 AM
Buehrle called in on MJH on ESPN 1000 yesterday and explained his comments. All he said was he didn't think the Twins matched up well against the Red Sox and Yankees. He's not all wrong. He gave props to the Twins and said they were obviously a better team than the Sox. He also said if he's wrong, he'll be the first to call the Twins manager or front office and issue an apology.

I could care less about his playoff predictions. I just wish he'd be a professional and pitch up to his ability.

illiniwhitesox
09-22-2004, 10:05 AM

Granted, Buehrle may come across as a sore loser for the above comments. However, he is the one player I do not have a problem with on the White Sox. He is a quality starter, who battles even when his stuff is not that good. You can count on him for 15 wins a year.

Wish we could say that about Garland, Contreras, Schoenny, Diaz..... I'll grant him this mistake, probably made after Torri (I'm from the Hood) Hunter showed up the WSox.

You can blast everyone on the list above, but I still want Buerhle on this team. I always fear that one day he'll be pitching for the Cardinals.