soxwon
09-21-2004, 05:27 PM
just received a letter from the sox, concerning "scout seating"
seems the prices are for
first row $200 per ticket $16,200 per season ticket
rows 2-11 $170 13,770 per season ticket

if you buy the five year plan tickets remain $200, $170
three year plan $5 per ticket increase for the $170
$10 increase for the $200 seats each year.

with each seat
premium reserved parking outside of gate 3
premium buffet in a 5000 square foot private restaurant/lounge with all beverages included
wait service for outdoor seats

it doesnt look like there will be a backstop.

save your money now people.

nodiggity59
09-21-2004, 06:57 PM
So do you endorse those packages? I have no opinion, just wondering...

hellenicsoxfan
09-21-2004, 07:56 PM
it doesnt look like there will be a backstop.

Great. If the game gets boring, the rest of us can watch the rich folk play dodgeball with the foul balls screaming back at them.

jackbrohamer
09-21-2004, 09:40 PM
Corporations and private firms will probably buy 99.9 percent of the seats. Or of the seats that get sold, it would not surprise me if there's not much demand for the seats.

mcfish
09-22-2004, 12:25 AM
I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but what's happening with those who are currently sitting in rows 1-17 in those sections? Most of those people have been season ticket holders for multiple decades now. Will they be moved to seats not currently occupied, or will they be forcing everyone to change seats for this? Or will they just expect those people to shell out the 14 grand?

BainesHOF
09-22-2004, 01:58 AM
It wouldn't surprise me either that all of these seats don't get sold, especially with how the economy is these days. I think the organization has overestimated its appeal.

thepaulbowski
09-22-2004, 07:28 AM
Almost every team in every league (even Hockey) do things like this. Some people bitch just to bitch sometimes.

thepaulbowski
09-22-2004, 07:31 AM
I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but what's happening with those who are currently sitting in rows 1-17 in those sections? Most of those people have been season ticket holders for multiple decades now. Will they be moved to seats not currently occupied, or will they be forcing everyone to change seats for this? Or will they just expect those people to shell out the 14 grand?
According to the guy I talked to, the only people that will be affected by this are the ones who had seats in the location being renovated. He said it won't have the ripple effect. I would have to think many of these seats are the ones they give to VIPS, scouts, players family's, etc. I've gotten seats behind the plate quite a few times on gameday.

Hangar18
09-22-2004, 09:27 AM
just received a letter from the sox, concerning "scout seating"
seems the prices are for
first row $200 per ticket $16,200 per season ticket
rows 2-11 $170 13,770 per season ticket

:reinsy
"Yeah. You heard soxwon, Save your money people, you better buy these tickets if you want to see a Good Team on the field next year. Otherwise,
I cant afford the Good Players. It'll be Your Fault then! Besides, Ive had my eye on this killer 80 foot Yacht ....... man ...Gold tile, 2 wet bars ...."

Ol' No. 2
09-22-2004, 09:42 AM
According to the guy I talked to, the only people that will be affected by this are the ones who had seats in the location being renovated. He said it won't have the ripple effect. I would have to think many of these seats are the ones they give to VIPS, scouts, players family's, etc. I've gotten seats behind the plate quite a few times on gameday.I heard Bruce Boyer on a sports talk show a couple of weeks ago talking about this. They had one really PO'd season ticket holder call in who had been ragging on the marketing dept. to the point of talking to Reinsdorf himself. The Sox are being pretty noncommittal because they just don't know how many people sitting in this area are going to pop for the big bucks to sit in the new section. Boyer said something along the lines of "We're committed to giving these long-time season ticket holders the best possible alternative seating." In other words, he didn't say anything.

It's worth noting, though, that not all the seats in this area are sold to season ticket holders. As you noted, you can buy them on the day of the game, and a large number are held back for VIP's. So it's possible they can accomodate the displaced season ticket holders in nearby sections without a ripple effect.