PDA

View Full Version : Chris Singleton Retired? Announcing Now?

Brian26
09-20-2004, 09:32 PM
Hawk and DJ had Singleton in the booth, but I missed the first part of the interview. It appears he's going to become a baseball announcer, but I missed with what team. Did anyone else catch this?

Clembasbal
09-20-2004, 09:34 PM
Hawk and DJ had Singleton in the booth, but I missed the first part of the interview. It appears he's going to become a baseball announcer, but I missed with what team. Did anyone else catch this?
Hopefully with the Sox, he can take DJ's job. Except if he talks as slow as he swings, he might even been more boring!!!:o:

Kogs35
09-20-2004, 11:12 PM
Hopefully with the Sox, he can take DJ's job. Except if he talks as slow as he swings, he might even been more boring!!!:o:
great another former sox outfielder to come out to the booth. whois next Steve Lyons?

bigfoot
09-20-2004, 11:31 PM
Claudell Washington

eriqjaffe
09-21-2004, 08:34 AM
Harold Baines. That way, Hawk wouldn't have to worry about being interrupted.

thepaulbowski
09-21-2004, 08:41 AM
I was in a suite at last nights game and saw him on the TV, but couldn't figure out what they were talking about.

Jjav829
09-21-2004, 08:45 AM
I was in a suite at last nights game and saw him on the TV, but couldn't figure out what they were talking about.His return to the White Sox as the starting CF next year. :D:

Brian26
09-21-2004, 09:05 AM
Anybody with a serious answer on this one? :D:

I always liked Singleton, so I'm curious where he is going to annouce games.

Gosox1917
09-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Anybody with a serious answer on this one? :D:

I always liked Singleton, so I'm curious where he is going to annouce games.
I saw the interview and he has retired and is looking to find a job behind the mic somewhere. He said he's auditioning in Atlanta I think but not sure if he's going to do commentary there. He'll prolly end up being an announcer like some of the retired players on ESPN, but that's just my opinion. I think he just happened to be in town and said hello to Hawk and DJ. He might be on again for today's game because Hawk said that they would see him tomorrow at the end of the inning. It's always fun to see where our former players go and what they do. Hope that answers your question:smile: .

Jjav829
09-21-2004, 12:00 PM
I saw the interview and he has retired and is looking to find a job behind the mic somewhere. He said he's auditioning in Atlanta I think but not sure if he's going to do commentary there. He'll prolly end up being an announcer like some of the retired players on ESPN, but that's just my opinion. I think he just happened to be in town and said hello to Hawk and DJ. He might be on again for today's game because Hawk said that they would see him tomorrow at the end of the inning. It's always fun to see where our former players go and what they do. Hope that answers your question:smile: .
Good news that he's retiring. Speed up that HOF process. Only 5 years left now. :bandance: :D:

Brian26
09-21-2004, 12:02 PM

Thanks bro!

Erik The Red
09-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Good news that he's retiring. Speed up that HOF process. Only 5 years left now. :bandance: :D: Shouldn't that have been in teal?

OEO Magglio
09-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Shouldn't that have been in teal?
Some things are so sarcastic you don't need teal. I always liked Chris and I wish him the best in finding a broadcasting gig.

Jjav829
09-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Some things are so sarcastic you don't need teal. I always liked Chris and I wish him the best in finding a broadcasting gig.
Yep, I felt like teal would ruin the subtlety of the joke. :smile: