PDA

View Full Version : My First time at Jimbo's

Tekijawa
09-20-2004, 02:54 PM
All my years as a Sox fan and this will be my first visit tonight. Heading over before the gates open tonight. it only took me about 100 games since turning 21 six years ago...

kittle42
09-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Don't get your hopes up.

Hangar18
09-20-2004, 03:01 PM
All my years as a Sox fan and this will be my first visit tonight. Heading over before the gates open tonight. it only took me about 100 games since turning 21 six years ago...
Hey .... Im stopping there at 5pm really quick, meeting a bud and heading
to the BullPen Bar ........ day 2 of celebrating my bday :gulp:

Tekijawa
09-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Don't get your hopes up.I wen't to College in the Quad Cities and spent most of my time at a Bar that served Quarter Drafts of Warm Hamms in plastic cups... My guess is my bar isn't set too high to begin with.

alohafri
09-20-2004, 03:16 PM
I wen't to College in the Quad Cities and spent most of my time at a Bar that served Quarter Drafts of Warm Hamms in plastic cups... My guess is my bar isn't set too high to begin with.
That is obviously not Sportsfans in Bettendorf.

Tekijawa
09-20-2004, 03:30 PM
That is obviously not Sportsfans in Bettendorf.
Chet's Tap, I think it's out of business now, it was just on the other side of the Arsenal Bridge on the Iowa side... it was a beautiful thing.... My favorite part of the bar was the Police would call ahead of time and tell them that they were coming and the would yell out. If you're under 21 get out the cops are coming, the bar would clear except for me, 2 of my friends and the usual 2 or three townies that were there... It was some of the best times of college!

pinwheels3530
09-20-2004, 04:55 PM
I thought they opened up some cafe or outdoor patio at Jimbo's. at least that's what I saw yesteday on the way to the game

whitesoxwilkes
09-20-2004, 05:16 PM
I thought they opened up some cafe or outdoor patio at Jimbo's. at least that's what I saw yesteday on the way to the game
Jimbo's has an outdoor patio with seats behind a green planter fence which has been there as long as I can remember.

The Parkside Cafe just opened next door a few weeks ago, and they also have outdoor seating...they serve burgers, hotdogs, stuff like that, but no booze.

FARMEO
09-20-2004, 05:47 PM
I have actually been to both Chet Ackerman's Tap and Jimbo's. Both bars are similiar, nothing special. I would give the nod to Jimbo's since the flood back in '94 actually cleaned up Chet's.

Dub25
09-20-2004, 06:31 PM

When you're there tell them to lower the prices. $3.50 for a can of lite. I hate to see what a bottle would cost.

BainesHOF
09-21-2004, 02:00 AM
The place to go is Catchers on 35th just west of Halsted.

39thandWallace
09-21-2004, 02:06 AM
I was there and had a blast. I was doing shots with the bartender and he bought me and my group a few rounds, nice neighborhood bar. It gets a bad rap.