PDA

View Full Version : One Fan's Off-season pitching acquisition thought

Foulke29
09-20-2004, 10:04 AM
Hey I just thought of something - and it's just silly, but I thought I'd share anyway.

I think we all know that KW must have a buddy in the Yankee offices because we've seen a few deals filter through there - like the Colon deal and the Loaiza-Contreras.

I have a feeling that after the Kevin Brown meltdown (him punching a wall), the Yanks are going to be looking to dump him for a song and a dance. Enter KW and the Sox - don't they like just that kind of situation?

:bandance:

misty60481
09-20-2004, 11:01 AM
I dont think JR will come up with the kind of money Brown will command, and in a way I dont know if I blame him....

doublem23
09-20-2004, 11:06 AM
If I knew Brown would stay healthy all year, I'd be intrigued, but there's no way his body can take the kind of punishment a 162-game schedule doals out.

kittle42
09-20-2004, 11:35 AM
JR isn't accustomed to granting players their own private jets.

No thanks.

mdep524
09-20-2004, 11:38 AM
Ick. No thanks on Brown. Too much money, too many injuries, past his prime. However...if the Yankees have soured on Javier Vazquez, who's having a not-so-hot second half of the season here, I would be all over that.

Foulke29
09-20-2004, 01:14 PM
You know very well that the Yanks would eat some of that contract - because the Dodgers ate some of it already...

Tekijawa
09-20-2004, 02:07 PM
Diamond backs Will be sans a fisrt baseman after this year as they are not offering Sexson a Contract... now how do you replace a guy who hits 40 HR's a year? My guess is that they will be looking to trim Payroll too and there is a Pitcher that I'd be willing to take off their hands and trade for Konerko to have at the front of this rotation for next year????