PDA

View Full Version : What will KW do now? -- One Fan's Idea

toledosoxfan
09-20-2004, 09:32 AM
These are some moves that I can see KW making that are realistic considering the measly budget for 2005:

1. Signing Omar Vizquel and Brad Radke. Both should be affordable and fit KW's philosophy of signing old vetrans way past their prime. I actually kind of like both moves considering it would be additions for us and subtractions from our rivals. Omar could play ss and hit at the top of the order (moving Uribe to 2b). Brad would at least move Garland to #5. I know. We should be after Renteria and Pavano, but then we would have a management dedicated to winning as well.

2. Trading Paulie. Hate to see him go but really this would be a smart move. Sell high and fill some holes. Losing Big Frank and Maggs demonstrates how leaky the boat really is. When was the last time that the White Sox had a real leadoff hitter? Or a real threat to bat left?

3. Sign a real closer. Not sure who is available here, but something needs to be done. I sense that batters will adjust to Shingo by next year.

How bad does that smell?

daveeym
09-20-2004, 11:25 AM
Nothing against your post but I wish a mod would make a disclaimer on every trade/signing thread that says "Most potential trades/signings revolve around whether the player wants to COME TO CHICAGO as well as the amount of money offered to them. IF KW has the money, that does not mean a player will come to Chicago and there is little KW can do about that." That way all the people that say, I've been saying this for years or I agree but obviously KW is a moron can either stuff it or at least put it into proper perspective and perhaps the BS that comes out of these threads will be lessened.

Flight #24
09-20-2004, 10:23 PM
Nothing against your post but I wish a mod would make a disclaimer on every trade/signing thread that says "Most potential trades/signings revolve around whether the player wants to COME TO CHICAGO as well as the amount of money offered to them. IF KW has the money, that does not mean a player will come to Chicago and there is little KW can do about that." That way all the people that say, I've been saying this for years or I agree but obviously KW is a moron can either stuff it or at least put it into proper perspective and perhaps the BS that comes out of these threads will be lessened.
IMO, in 90%+ of cases, the player magically ends up having spent his youth dreaming of playing for the team that coincidentally happens to have the biggest offer on the table.

Andy Pettitte situations are extremely rare, if the Sox put the best offer out there, players are highly likely to take it.