PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Playoff Ticket Lottery Info

Fenway
09-19-2004, 07:59 PM
http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/images/tickets/y2004/hdr_alds_581x100d.gif

PLAYOFF TICKET LOTTERY FORM (http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bos/ticketing/alds.jsp?loc=form)

Tickets for each potential 2004 MLB postseason game which may be played at Fenway Park will soon be available for purchase. As part of the Red Sox continuing effort to make Red Sox tickets available to as many fans as possible, we have worked to develop a more efficient and fair ticket ordering process. Since there are a limited number of postseason tickets available through this opportunity, applicants must fill out and submit the registration form below to participate in this opportunity to purchase. Registration begins at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Sunday, September 19, 2004 and closes at 12:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 (the "Registration Period"). The Red Sox will then conduct a random selection of winners from the pool of registrants for each of the three postseason series. The winners will have the opportunity to purchase up to two (2) tickets to one (1) game of the 2004 postseason which may be played at Fenway Park in Boston, MA. Exact date, times and instructions for ticket purchase will be communicated by e-mail to each applicant selected. If a selected applicant does not follow these instructions, he or she will forfeit the opportunity to purchase tickets. There is no charge to register for this opportunity. There is no obligation to buy a ticket.

In order to be eligible for this opportunity, you must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. In addition, you must complete and submit the entry form located below during the Registration Period. Limit one entry per person. In the case of multiple entries for the same individual, only the first entry received will be considered. Only entries submitted to the Red Sox during the Registration Period will be entered in the random drawing. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other mechanical or automated means will not be valid.

A random drawing for the opportunity to purchase 2004 American League Division Series ("ALDS") tickets will be held on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 and each applicant selected will be notified on Thursday, September 23, 2004 via the e-mail address submitted on the registration form. Those applicants whose names are selected shall have an opportunity to purchase ALDS tickets on Friday, September 24, 2004 from 12:00 noon ET to 6:00 p.m. ET. In the event that the winner does not respond to such notification by purchasing 2004 ALDS tickets by 6:00 p.m. Friday, September 24, 2004, a disqualification will result. Please be sure to provide us with an accurate e-mail address. The Red Sox are not responsible for any e-mail notifications that are bounced back or misdirected.

REGISTRATION PERIOD BEGINS: 12:00 noon ET, Sunday, 09/19/2004
REGISTRATION PERIOD ENDS: 12:00 noon ET, Wednesday, 09/22/2004
ALDS RANDOM DRAWING: Wednesday, 09/22/2004
WINNERS NOTIFIED VIA E-MAIL: Thursday, 09/23/2004
ALDS SALE FOR WINNERS: 12:00 noon - 6:00p.m. ET, Friday, 09/24/2004

Drawings for ticket purchases for any 2004 American League Championship Series or 2004 World Series games played at Fenway Park will occur at a later date. Such winners will be selected from the pool of remaining non-winning registrants and notified via e-mail with instructions on the ticket purchase process including dates and times for these sales.

Each ticket purchase shall be subject to a $6 per ticket convenience fee plus $14 per order shipping and handling fee. All sales are final.

NOTE: MLB game dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and/or the Boston Red Sox, as applicable, and may be subject to change. All tickets purchased in connection with the drawing shall be subject to those policies applicable to Red Sox ticket holders generally; as such the Red Sox from time to time in their sole discretion may amend policies. Red Sox Non-Played Game Postseason Ticket Return Policy: Tickets purchased online or by phone - marked WEB/PHN on the front of the ticket - will be automatically credited back to the account holder of record and WILL NOT BE redeemable at the Red Sox ticket office. These tickets DO NOT have to be returned for reimbursement. You may not resell any tickets purchased in connection with the drawing or use such tickets for any promotional purposes whatsoever. Registrations are non-transferable with no cash redemptions or substitutions. Address information supplied below must match the billing address on the credit card.

Streets
09-19-2004, 09:40 PM
Who Cares?

ChiWhiteSox1337
09-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Who Cares?
WSI forum members could get tickets and set up a "premium ticket service" for boston red sox tickets ala the cubune's service... :smile: j/k red sox fans

MRKARNO
09-19-2004, 10:57 PM
:whocares

This isnt relavent information for White Sox fans and most White Sox fans would probably perceive this as a slap in the face unless you're trying to make a specific point about the process, which you did not explicitly do. Good luck in the playoffs, but I dont see why you felt the need to post that here.

shagar69
09-19-2004, 11:09 PM
what the hell is this crap? why is a guy named "fenway" even posting on a chisox board? go to your own boards dude!

dcb33
09-19-2004, 11:22 PM
Thanks for posting information on how I can watch the Yankees whip the Red Cubs in the playoffs in person! It will be great!

OEO Magglio
09-19-2004, 11:22 PM
what the hell is this crap? why is a guy named "fenway" even posting on a chisox board? go to your own boards dude!
Calm down, man. He posted in the talking baseball part of the board, what's the problem?? I think it's pretty cool having intelligent fans from other teams part of wsi and Fenway is definitely that.

shagar69
09-19-2004, 11:25 PM
Calm down, man. He posted in the talking baseball part of the board, what's the problem?? I think it's pretty cool having intelligent fans from other teams part of wsi and Fenway is definitely that. yeah i know it was in the talkin baseball section, but this really isnt even about any game or player. to me it seems like the bastard is makin fun of us by posting that since we wont be going to the playoffs and the bosox will!:angry:

dcb33
09-19-2004, 11:32 PM
yeah i know it was in the talkin baseball section, but this really isnt even about any game or player. to me it seems like the bastard is makin fun of us by posting that since we wont be going to the playoffs and the bosox will!:angry:Now don't go too far- I personally like the Yankees more than the Red Cubs (which is why I made that comment earlier:redneck), but I know a lot of people on this board like the Red Sox, Fenway is a very knowledgable fan, and does not troll these boards when the Sox and RED Sox meet. His intent is definitely not to make fun of the White Sox misfortune this year...

Iwritecode
09-20-2004, 09:59 AM
Not everyone who posts on this site is from Chicago and it is possible that we have a few people interested in going to a playoff game or two in Boston.

As far as I can tell, Fenway was just passing the info along...

Fenway
09-20-2004, 10:17 AM
Not everyone who posts on this site is from Chicago and it is possible that we have a few people interested in going to a playoff game or two in Boston.

As far as I can tell, Fenway was just passing the info along...
That was all

A White Sox fan can enter the lottery and if they win sell the tickets for enough to get a season ticket plan at The Cell

dpbyron
09-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Thank you Fenway... :smile:

StillMissOzzie
09-20-2004, 02:51 PM
That was all

A White Sox fan can enter the lottery and if they win sell the tickets for enough to get a season ticket plan at The Cell
They called this a playoff ticket lottery and I am treating it as such. My odds of winning are probably about the same, too, but this one doesn't even cost me $1 to play.

SMO
:gulp: