PDA

View Full Version : Now we HAVE to sweep Minnesota

doublem23
09-19-2004, 06:14 PM
... else they clinch the division at U.S. Cellular Field.

If anyone on this team looks flat in the next days, they need to be considered for removal.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-19-2004, 07:32 PM
I don't disagree. However I won't be watching (or listening) to any of these games until after the deed.

I'm a Sox Fan. Being a Sox Fan has nothing to do with sitting there and watching what Reinsdorf's outfit has led us to... not this week anyway.

Kiss my ass, Jerry.
No support for you.

:selljerry

Daver
09-19-2004, 08:03 PM
I don't disagree. However I won't be watching (or listening) to any of these games until after the deed.

I'm a Sox Fan. Being a Sox Fan has nothing to do with sitting there and watching what Reinsdorf's outfit has led us to... not this week anyway.

Kiss my ass, Jerry.
No support for you.

:selljerry

Jerry did exactly what he wanted to do, hired a low buck rookie manager that the fans would accept, and the team was competetive enough to attract attendance without spending the payroll that a large market team can.

Jerry wins again.

Tragg
09-19-2004, 08:53 PM
As vapid, immaterial, etc as it may be, I do want to finish in 2nd and do want to finish above .500.
As for the Twins clinching in US Cellular, we deserve no less and perhaps that's the kick in the teeth we need.

Lip Man 1
09-19-2004, 09:03 PM
Tragg:

The Sox have 14 games left, eight against Kansas City and are exactly at .500.

Eight's the magic number baby! The whole world waits to see if the mediocrity of this decade continues.

Lip

Rex Hudler
09-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Jerry did exactly what he wanted to do, hired a low buck rookie manager that the fans would accept, and the team was competetive enough to attract attendance without spending the payroll that a large market team can.

Jerry wins again.
I don't see Jerry as the person to blame here. I honestly can't see a whole lot changing with this org. even if the Sox payroll was $100 million. They would find their way back to mediocrity somehow.

Daver
09-19-2004, 10:13 PM
I don't see Jerry as the person to blame here.

I'm not blaming anyone.

I am merely pointing out the fact that the Sox will again not win the division, and Jerry and his partners will pocket the profit.

Tragg
09-19-2004, 11:50 PM
Tragg:

The Sox have 14 games left, eight against Kansas City and are exactly at .500.

Eight's the magic number baby! The whole world waits to see if the mediocrity of this decade continues.

Lip
The little pleasures in life- like not finishing behind Cleveland- are things I try not to pass up. Gotta get some enjoyment out of this.

kittle42
09-20-2004, 11:31 AM
:reinsy
"That makes two of us. Wanna go out for a drink - you're buying, I assume."

doublem23
09-20-2004, 12:51 PM
:reinsy
That's the spirit. If the Twins clinch in Chicago, it's because you people didn't cheer hard enough.

Iwritecode
09-20-2004, 12:59 PM
As vapid, immaterial, etc as it may be, I do want to finish in 2nd and do want to finish above .500.
As for the Twins clinching in US Cellular, we deserve no less and perhaps that's the kick in the teeth we need.

Well we can all see what happened since the Sox clinched on their field in 2000.

I'm not sure if that should be in teal or not...