PDA

View Full Version : The Metrodome...

RKMeibalane
10-06-2001, 07:25 PM
...looks like a damn pool table with that carpet. It's a good thing the Vikings wised-up and are planning to build a new stadium, because that turf is the ugliest stuff I've ever seen. It might even be worse than the carpet at Veteran's Stadium, which has been cricitized and complained about for years, especially since Wendell Davis, a wide-receiver for the Bears tore up both of his knees. This injury ended his career, sadly.

Jerry_Manuel
10-06-2001, 07:33 PM
Veteran's Stadium has that fake grass looking field now. I'm not sure what it's called but I know the Devil Rays have it as well.

Chisox_cali
10-06-2001, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Veteran's Stadium has that fake grass looking field now. I'm not sure what it's called but I know the Devil Rays have it as well.

I pretty sure it's called NexTurf

Spiff
10-06-2001, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

I guess it's turf but just longer, which makes sense. Less chance of getting your foot caught.

I know Husky Stadium has it too.

Iguana775
10-06-2001, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

i have heard it called field turf multiple times but never that. :)

Nellie_Fox
10-07-2001, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
It's a good thing the Vikings wised-up and are planning to build a new stadium, because that turf is the ugliest stuff I've ever seen

The Vikings' only plan to build a new stadium calls for the taxpayers to foot the bill, which ain't going to happen, believe me. Red McCombs doesn't have a single dollar of his own money in the team, and he keeps crying because there might not be enough profit coming in to pay his loans after all the other expenses and still leave a profit for him. His only hope is that the taxpayers of Minnesota build one for the Gophers and the Vikes get to ride along.