PDA

View Full Version : sit ALL the vets...

Randar68
09-18-2004, 12:57 PM
season's toast. Play all the young guys, enough of Sandy, CLee, Jose, etc. We know what they can do...

Frankly, I am half hoping they lose the rest of their games. If they secure a top 15 draft pick, it will be protected, they can't lose it if they sign a Class A Free Agent...

Who cares if they win another game? At least play Borch, Uribe, Willie, Valdez, Gload, and Davis.

I really don't care if i see Garcia or Buehrle again this year, what do they or the team have to gain? Sit 'em.

This team is hard to watch...

Wealz
09-18-2004, 01:16 PM
If nothing else they should give Cotts a couple of starts.

balke
09-18-2004, 01:18 PM
I'd still like to see Clee try to go 40/30 100 100 .300
I'd like to see Pauly hit #40
I wanna see how Rowand finishes out, he's semi-slumping.

Garcia probably should sit, or only pitch through 5 innings. He should still be on a pitch count from the injury.

I say let Buerhle start, give the fans something to see if they wanna go drink and see the young guys. The rest, I'm not opposed to.

beckett21
09-18-2004, 02:06 PM
season's toast. Play all the young guys, enough of Sandy, CLee, Jose, etc. We know what they can do...

Frankly, I am half hoping they lose the rest of their games. If they secure a top 15 draft pick, it will be protected, they can't lose it if they sign a Class A Free Agent...

Who cares if they win another game? At least play Borch, Uribe, Willie, Valdez, Gload, and Davis.

I really don't care if i see Garcia or Buehrle again this year, what do they or the team have to gain? Sit 'em.

This team is hard to watch...But what about the integrity of the game, Randar? :o:

I'm with you. I can't sit thru an entire game anymore without being strapped in a'la *Clockwork Orange* style. Talk about torture...

If I see Valentin and the brothers Alomar anymore I think I'll be sick. I don't mind Buehrle getting his starts, but it would probably be a good idea to shut Garcia down.

If we are going to lose anyway, might as well go down with some young guys battling. The lack of heart on this team boggles my mind. Never did I think that they would completely quit the way they did. Never. Guess I was duped. :(:

AddisonStSox
09-18-2004, 03:56 PM
People barked at me for bringing up Sandy as the DH. You have got to be kidding me right? Sorry, Oz, season is long done, play Rowand, Konerko, CLee, but after that, let the young guys play.

gosox41
09-18-2004, 04:23 PM

This team is hard to watch...
I agree. Once a team has zero chance at making the playoffs then you might as well play young players to see what they can do.

Too bad Ozzie doesn't see that. Unless he had another reason to sit Borchard for like 3 games this past week.

Bob

batmanZoSo
09-18-2004, 07:44 PM
But what about the integrity of the game, Randar? :o:

I'm with you. I can't sit thru an entire game anymore without being strapped in a'la *Clockwork Orange* style. Talk about torture...

If I see Valentin and the brothers Alomar anymore I think I'll be sick. I don't mind Buehrle getting his starts, but it would probably be a good idea to shut Garcia down.

If we are going to lose anyway, might as well go down with some young guys battling. The lack of heart on this team boggles my mind. Never did I think that they would completely quit the way they did. Never. Guess I was duped. :(:

I caught the ninth last night. So typical that the best we can do is tie the game on a wild pitch. Then I put on the Simpsons for ten seconds and it was 11-10 Tigers. Losers. I didn't even care really because the season has been over for about six weeks, but it just made me so pissed. I must've spouted everything in the book in my head.

Soxzilla
09-18-2004, 08:07 PM
Why?

If joe crede hits .400 the rest of the year, or any of those other schmucks you listed, that gives management a reason to keep these fools aboard for another losing season.

I say no, I've seen enough of these no talent never-stars. Get them out of town and lets get some new hotness in this park.

mdep524
09-18-2004, 08:07 PM
People barked at me for bringing up Sandy as the DH. You have got to be kidding me right? Sorry, Oz, season is long done, play Rowand, Konerko, CLee, but after that, let the young guys play.Give poor Sandy a break. He's on a team going nowhere, these might be his last weeks as a major league player, and his body ain't so great anymore. I think he deserves to get ONE freakin' start at DH.

bigfoot
09-19-2004, 01:26 AM
I can think of one reason not to play all the younger players. In this day of the free agancy and powerful agents, some players have incentives written into their contracts. And, of course, the agents would supposedly get a piece of any bump in the pay-off based upon those incentives. Even if this were not the case, when KW goes to deal with the next agent, there could be a sticking point in negotiations. Harold Reynolds was talking about Raffy Palmiero's contract that had a clause with something about him starting X number of games at 1B and that the O's were not playing him there, in order to avoid paying him a chunk of change. I don't remember the details, if it was an automatic guarantee for 2005 or just a bonus for # of games. The first one I could see the O's not wanting to pay $Xmil next year, but the latter would be a little Chicken ***.
~The MLBPA might get involved.

wassagstdu
09-19-2004, 08:08 AM
season's toast. ...
Who cares if they win another game? ...I didn't see it but last night's 12-inning win vs the Tigers looks like a great game. Baseball is not all about making the playoffs. It's about playing great games like that. Would you rather see the Sox sleep-walk to a division championship in a weak division and get eliminated in the first round or play .500 ball peppered with great games like that one?

A. Cavatica
09-19-2004, 09:01 AM
Would you rather see the Sox sleep-walk to a division championship in a weak division and get eliminated in the first round or play .500 ball peppered with great games like that one?
If those are the only choices, I'm becoming a Red Sox fan.