PDA

View Full Version : Meet Sandy Alomar...our DH

AddisonStSox
09-17-2004, 08:51 PM
If there was one sentence this year that summarized our rookie skipper, it'd have to be this...

Batting eight, the Designated Hitter: Sandy Alomar.

Ok, it's not a sentence but you get the point. However, I guess I can see Ozzie's thought process, maybe he was just trying to get him some at-bats this year, ya know, to see what he can do. Who knows, maybe this kid will be our starting catcher next year.

mjmcend
09-17-2004, 11:45 PM
2 for 4, HR, and a key walk in the 9th. Imagine that, a major leauge manager knows more than some guy on the internet.

HomeFish
09-17-2004, 11:56 PM
If Sandy cared, I bet he would be laughing at the topic starter right now.

Nice game, Santos. :bandance:

dcb33
09-17-2004, 11:59 PM
2 for 4, HR, and a key walk in the 9th. Imagine that, a major leauge manager knows more than some guy on the internet.ZING!:redneck
It amazes me more and more every day how upset people are that this team is not any better than it is, and that it appears as if Ozzie and Company have given up, etc., etc. but the plain and simple truth is that this team just isn't, or ever was very good. IIRC, most everyone predicted we'd finish around 500 and in 2nd or 3rd place, and that's assuming Maggs and Frank would've been healthy the entire season. Things got off to a good start, but it was all a mirage for two reasons- the first being that we got ridiculously amazing production out of the Harris/Uribe combination at the top of the lineup, and the second being our starting rotation's sub-4.00ERA for the first six weeks or so of the season. Unfortunately, Harris, Uribe, Loaiza, Schoeny, etc. simply aren't/weren't talented enough to be able to sustain that level of performance, which was needed if this team stood a prayer of making a run at the postseason. The Maggs and Frank injuries obviously hurt the team, but with our inconsistent starting rotation and hideous bullpen, I doubt we would've won 90 games had they been healthy.